Hello! For those reading this in the Inbox, in the last few months we have been doing a WRTL newsletter on the forum. This is the first month that we are sending it out as an actual email newsletter! We hope this reaches people who may be interested in rejoining our community, now that you can see that we are back in full swing! For those reading on the site, rabid was busy this month and the March newsletter was never posted, so this newsletter covers the last two months.
- Check out the "Winged PIPs" under people's profiles! Big thanks to @Chuggers for designing them and continuing to make them! Yellow ones are acquired by winning a contest, blue ones from getting a track featured. I don't know if I can speak for everyone but I think we are all pretty happy with our new awards system!
- We have a horde of new featured movies in the last two months.
Sylveon by @[senpai] kevans
Gospel by @OTDE
Wot by @Conundrumer
Supersonic Motion by @Rafael
Astir by @Summoning and @Votale
Hybrid Eclipse by @Kramwood
Metropolis Run by @shotoku and @gaoyubao
Catgroove by @Lukking
Intro by @RyderLR
If you haven't seen any of these, they are all incredible and you really should watch them.
On another note, due to some difficulties with having public discussion of feature movies nominations, we now have a couple of new rules in the section to prevent bickering.
- We have a WRTL Tumblr! http://weridethelines.tumblr.com/ (thread) It is maintained by @[senpai] kevans so I need to put a disclaimer that it is not official and the tumblr does not reflect the opinions of the staff here at WRTL. But it's super cool and you should all check it out, and follow it and reblog stuff if you have a tumblr.
- The Sunday Squirrel Broadcast livestream series, depite a couple weeks off, is still going strong. Recent adventures include Chugs talking about how Hedge inspired him, Rabid learning to make alt flings and kramuals, an in-depth review of Supersonic Motion, and an in-depth Skype interview with ZNF himself. The broadcast is on sundays every (well, most every) week (various times according to rabid's schedule), and they are put on youtube afterward so you can watch them any time you wish.
- The return of the Ban Raffle and Toilet Lord has come to pass. Enjoy the Toilet Forum while it lasts.
- Catgroove by @Lukking - Lukking returns with an epic all-blue music-synced omni masterpiece.
- Metropolis Run by @Shotoku and @gaoyubao - Shotoku releases a scened version of the first section of gao's Well Tempered Manual, set in a cityscape full of roads and buildings, and featuring a perspective shift.
- Intro by @RyderLR - An extremely unconventional music-synced track by ryder, with most of the track based on a single long horizontal line.
- Unusuals by @Chuggers - An unconventional manual track by Chuggers with a number of stacks and surprising moments.
- High Notions 2 by @Kramwood - Kramwood's final track, featuring a huge amount of extremely impressive technical fling combinations.
- Nightmare by @Summoning - Summoning releases a highspeed fling quirk with some crazy moments and some really fun music syncing.
- Cataclysmic Andromedus Feel by @Dapianokid - A technically impressive track by Dap with a lot of variety, featuring "kramual cannons" and dedicated to Chuggers.
- Preacher by @RyderLR - A highly enjoyable smooth highspeeed music-synced manuquirk with lots of airtime and liberal use of green lines.
- Argo by Thorn Clan - Thorn Clan releases their first track in a number of years, a highspeed manuquirk
- Ballcycle by @ACwazHere - A humorous flatsled track by AC with an insane amount of recycling.
- Parade by @Pawel - A creative manuquirk by Pawel with one bit that you won't believe when you see the color replay
- Eternity by @Kramwood - A unfinished but still large quirk omnitrack by Kramwood
- Jazzy Jazz by @Opal Rider and @Pawel - A super funky manuquirk from two terrific manuquirkers
- Hamcycle by @ACwazHere - An old flatsled recycling track by AC with crappy pencil scenery everywhere and a really unexpectedly awesome ending
- Blue Confusion by @theacp127 - a fun blue quirk with a number of unconventional moments by theacp.
- Rutabaga by @shua - shua returns with a fun, compact manuquirk
- Blue Moon by @Catz - Catz returns with an enjoyable blue manuquirk
- Stop Signs by @theacp127 - A fun and creative manuquirk by theacp
- The Tales of Twenty by The WCC - A WCC release where every participant made 20 lines per part (originally a LCC project)
- 7 by @Xanthu - An old school quirk made by Xanthu in 7 hours.
- Screw the Landfill and Logging Camp by @mmtunligit12 - Two new tracks by mmt, featuring recycling and some scenery, respectively.
- The Booty Back Contest, hosted by @efrazable to bring back Contest of the Month, was an enormous success, culminating in the fantastic results video (edited by efraz) with the winning entry by @gauoyubao. You have to see it to believe it!
- The Booty Breach Contest, following in the month of March and hosted by @Z_N-Freak, was also a great success with a huge number of entrants. Stand by for a video soon!
- This month's contest, Bosh Olympics, also hosted by @efrazable, is underway! Go check it out and enter!!!
- In other news, @Rafael won not only the Highspeed Rematch with @Kramwood, but also the Battle Royale, by an enormous landslide in both contests with the juggernaut track Supersonic Motion (which also received a landslide feature and a holy shoe)
- Voting is underway for the @RyderLR vs @Chuggers vs @theacp127 Manuquirk Battle! Go vote!
- The Anonymous Collab is done - get your guesses on who did what part in before it's published!
- The 2nd Weird Track Contest is still going on, since there is no deadline and people are still working on entries. Feel free to make an entry! By the way, @Conundrumer won the first weird track contest (in the poll over a year after the contest itself)
- If you're looking for a low-key WCC collab, check out the Offsled Collab, the 200 Line Collab, the Experiment Collab, or the (new!) Old School Quirk Collab.
- Our two WCC scenery projects, Phunky (the current Community Scenery Project) and the Forest Scenery Project, are sitting waiting for a someone to take them and draw line art on them. If that sounds like fun to you, please do it!
- Blackheart is moving along slowly but surely, with hp recently finishing the first half of the alt quirk and @roflmaoqwerty or @Pawel3 possibly doing the second half. Stay tuned if you want to be a part of this project!
- No new news this month for LineOnline, and no new news for 3.4.X - besides a few bug fixes and minor tweaks, and a growing number of converts to version 3.4.X (and a controversial April Fool's joke) But I will keep you posted.
- Clarifaction Scened will be released as soon as I get around to recording and editing. (Probably after Driftwood is released)
- SCG is still making a massive omnitrack
- HP is still working on Eden 3
- I (rabid) will hopefully finish Driftwood (30k+ scenery track) soon, despite being late for the battle royale poll.
- A little bird told me that OTDE has something in the works that you will definitely not be expecting.
- iPi is making a cool thing
- Pawel is making stuff
- Chuggers is always working on stuff
- Dap is making stuff
- theacp is working on a track
- Sum is making more stuff
- Xanth is making stuff
- Shotoku is working on a bunch of cool things (as of February)
- Benji is drawing some cool scenery (as of February)
- Orthuss is making some stuff (as of February)
- kevans is scening Sleepyhead (As of February)
- If you have something you want to add to this list in next month’s newsletter, PM me!
Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:02 am; edited 6 times in total
let me know if you got the newsletter email (should send to your forum account email address)
@rabid squirrel wrote:[*]A little bird told me that OTDE has something in the works that you will definitely not be expecting.
It's going to look exactly like gospel!
- Magic @ Manuals
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum