We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track

+2
ScrungleBlumpkus
theacp127
6 posters

Go down

Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track Empty Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track

Post by theacp127 Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:26 pm

I went simplistic with the editing and just wanted to focus on the track. It syncs a bit with the music, but I didn't make this track to sync perfectly, just as a side note. I tried a few different things with the track to make it interesting, so just tell me if it worked or not. It's also my first all blue track and I think it turned out ok, so without further ado. Here's the track. https://youtu.be/iTa252dbf7E (Click the link for higher quality)

Last edited by theacp127 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track Empty Re: Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm

That was an experience.
Why does the video seem so darn choppy?
Definitely an enjoyable track, up until the sudden scenery which was unexpected. I think it was beautiful, but out of place.
2:03 was the best part of the track, with the thing that bmped him back into the main line. I'm not sure what to say about your quirk.

I really loved the stall.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track Empty Re: Blue Confusion- Theacp127's battle track

Post by theacp127 Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Dapianokid wrote:Why does the video seem so darn choppy?
I think it's just something that Youtube did to it. I'm going to encode it differently and edit this post with a better export so it should be smoother.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:48 am

Awesome track! I agree with dap's scenery comments, I liked how Bosh came to a slow stop and I liked that scenery line that made it feel slow-mo and then he popped out of it! Cool stuff, good work! Very Happy
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Not sure if the gradual change from weak to strong in the track was you just learning how to do stuff, or if it was intentional. Regardless, I liked how it played out and really made the fast part stand out a lot more. Could have done without the scenery, because he wasn't going quite fast enough for long enough to get the animation effect. As I think I said last time, I'm seeing you picking up things fairly quickly, and won't be surprised if you suddenly wow everyone with a big track soon

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:43 am

That was really interesting and creative. Even though the DNA scenery random, I loved it because it made me excited for more unexpected elements in the track, and it did not disappoint. The second scenery bit really worked out and gave a really cool visual effect. Am I the only one that saw all kinds of patterns when the squares got bigger at 1:03?

My tips for you are to keep practicing on your tricks but especially to keep playing around with unexpected elements like you did here. As the second scenery part proved: You have a feel for creating such cool things. I agree with Shotoku: I'm excited for what you'll bring next!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri May 01, 2015 5:34 pm

So I know it's been 2 months since this came out, but since it remains your most recent track I think it deserves a review, hopefully this can still be helpful this late.

One thing that I am perceiving is that a lot of the track feels... choppy. Like, the flings have weird shapes and affect different contact points at different strengths from frame to frame. This did get a lot better as the track went along, so I'm sure your track that is in the works is much better. But just don't try to change Bosh's direction too quickly with a fling (I know that was something I struggled with a lot)

Also the integration - some spots looked really cool, but just pay attention to the aesthetic of the shapes, IMO stuff like at 1:48 just looks weird and sloppy. And the manuals - maybe work on making them more even pressure and avoiding stabilizers, it takes some time but it looks soooo cool when you get it right.

and then finally, decide what kind of flow you are going for and then stick with it. There are a lot of spots in this where he is getting some speed and then something slows him way down and then he speeds back up again. Just try to make the speed changes more intentional because in this track it looks like there wasn't a lot of thought to that.

The scenery was super cool, but putting one scenery thing, some quirk, and then another scenery thing, and then quirk til the end of the track, just made them feel out of place and not really thought-out. You could have put them at the end, or had a scenery section in the middle with some sort of marker for when it ends, or have them transition into the highspeed... or something else - just have the placement seem more intentional. And rafael's right that it was too slow for them to be really impressive - if you had more speed it would have been really awesome. Also don't be afraid of high zoom levels, this track generally felt like it was pretty zoomed out.

You have a lot of really cool ideas and I am really excited to see your next track(s). Hope this review wasn't overly negative and that you found it helpful. When deciding whether to take my advice, think about this quote:
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
― Neil Gaiman
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks for the review Rabid! I can't promise that my tracks will look any cleaner, but I have purposely worked on my flow for my upcoming track.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down