Happy tail end of the summer! Expect more of me, and the continued presence of everyone's favorite mod, OTDE, in the coming weeks. This summer's been a jam so far and it's only getting better!
- We have a new moderator! It feels weird to announce him because he's already been super active and awesome and everywhere, but he was promoted in July. Congrats to @OTDE, the newest edition to our staff team!
- We had a new featured movie in July, Marble Soda by @shua - congrats to shua for his first feature! There are also some more on the way shortly.
- We have a new Line Rider Legend. Congrats to @Sheldon for being the newest member to achieve that honor!
- If you haven't seen something edited by OTDE lately, you have been living under a rock. That man is editing the majority of the videos on this site these days. Go request something here.
- Speaking of which, OTDE is putting together a massive collection of unreleased unfinished tracks, Heta 2 It will feature unreleased material from Snooze, HG42, and many many others, and anyone can send OTDE tracks to throw in!
- With deep sadness, I need to tell anyone who doesn't already know that longtime IRTL/WRTL member and trackmaker .boo/@LineMagiX passed away on August 2 at the age of 18. Read more here
- Marble Soda by @shua - A massive, music synced, two and a half minute track with some lovely highspeed animation by shua.
- Funk by @OTDE - An alt/progressive quirk with lots of variety and unpredicatbility by OTDE
- Clarifaction Scened by WRTL CSP - Another huge release from the CSP, the first CSP project that was ever started 5 years ago.
- Changeling by .boo/@LineMagiX and SPL4SHZ0N3 - An extremely impressive collab between boo and spl4sh. Released earlier than planned but still relatively complete.
- Mount Olyxmpus by .boo/@LineMagiX - An unfinished posthumous release of what was surely to be .boo's greatest XY had it been finished.
- Panic by @pure5152 - pure is back with another super fun bouncy track that you are sure to enjoy!
- Flipside by @Lukking - an anomaly/geog-inspired romp of stop'n'go funkiness from Lukking.
- Dirt by @LoneVampire - Created during the development process of Line Rider Advanced, this is a notable quirk in its own right by LoneVampire, with some cool highspeed made possible with the new tools in this version.
- Abstract Tumbling 4: Scat by @SethComposerGuy - an experiment with lineboosting by SCG that's a whole lot of messy fun.
- Brouillard by @Orthuss - An uberdense XY by Orthuss.
- Nonsense and The Sketchbook Sessions by @shua - shua is releasing tracks like crazy lately. Here we have a flatsled recycling track and a super creative and intentionally messy track
- Desert Eagle and Island by @Anton - Anton is improving at an alarming rate! I bet next time he's in the newsletter his tracks won't be described with the word "improving"
- Get Off My Lawn by @Benwubbleyou - Benwubbleyou (aka Greatgoalie) is a track so lame and chill that it's actually really enjoyable.
- The Future 3 by @Flodux - a longtime French line rider player says his farewell to the game
- Sausage Rolls and Chips and Queso by @shua and shua's girlfriend - the sweetest thing since sliced donuts
- iPi rediscovered and re-released all his lost tracks. Pretty sweet if you remember any of them like I do!
- The July Contest of the Month, the Upwards Low Linecount Maze Contest, was a massive success with 14 entries! Look for a results video soon. (No word on whether there will be an August COTM yet)
- Phunky (the current Community Scenery Project) is only three parts away from completion. If you want to be part of this project, now is the time!
- Thanks to OTDE for finally recording and editing April's contest results video, Bosh Olympics. Congrats to @gaoyubao on winning, and thanks @efrazable for running the contest!
- The Sonic Speed / Animation Collab and the Offsled Collab are both looking really cool, but they need more participants! Go join the community collabs!
- The Hidden Track Competition is getting close to completion! Two entries are done, one is in progress, and the fourth is being tracked down. Expect a poll within the month!
- If you're looking for a low-key WCC collab, check out the Relaxing Collab or the No Flatsledding Collab.
- Blackheart is idling in the modern quirk section. If you are interested in working on it, please let us know!
- The Line Rider: Advanced Alpha is out! Game-changing features include immense lag reduction, integrated music syncing, live modification tools, .trk files saved to a folder, and many of the features you can already find in 3.4.x. It is not without its issues (most significantly, you must download it to play it, it is currently Windows-only, and it is not backwards-compatible with Beta 2) and some people are critiquing the keyboard controls, but the music syncing and quirk tools are making waves.
- Conundrumer is making HUGE progress on the core of LineOnline, with the release of a working beta2-compatible track player. He is working furiously and there is more to come very soon! He documents everything he does with the code every day on his github.
- This thing is apparently... still... coming...
- shua is making another big thing!
- iPi is still making a massive thing
- Chuggers is actually making something, the liar
- Dap is making an xy thing
- Getthim is still making a thing
- Benwubbleyou is making a thing
- @Anton wrote:Shua and I are collabing. I am 1 minute in to my highspeed.
- Marble Soda Featured - @shua
- Clarifaction Scened Featured - @Catz @-Nexus- @HKay @Kohuda @RyderLR @Helios Pavonine @gaoyubao @Sheldon @Stallie @rabid squirrel @Fauxfyre @Commandercoke @Derpinator @darklight @Yobanjojoe @JZorr @Smitsy @Wolf_Spirit @CamQuartr @efrazable @BenWubbleyou @Olecool @Rafael @Lukking @Buzz @Noname219 @Nirobi @theacp127
- Funk Featured - @OTDE
Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total
- I'm the artsy guy round here
Did some work for the CSP, but I probably won't scene any big tracks. Ain't nobody got time for that. I appreciate your interest though!
@Lukking wrote:i really enjoy reading these newsletters
Idem, I actually find out about some stuff that I missed. I feel I'm reasonably active now, but I apparently still miss out on track releases somehow sometimes.
l: 3198 / ?
t: 106 / 235
- Off-sled Action
I thought he had it linked in the OP of the lineonline thread but apparently that link is old & broken. thanks!Dapianokid wrote:https://github.com/conundrumer/lr
Link to the GitHub, which was difficult for me to track down!!
- I'm the artsy guy round here
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum