We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRTL Newsletter #7 - February 2015

5 posters

Go down

WRTL Newsletter #7 - February 2015 Empty WRTL Newsletter #7 - February 2015

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Activity doesn't appear to be going away after the holidays. Woohoo! Glad to see this place active again, both on the forum and in track releases. Also, IRTL/WRTL turns 8 years old this month!

February 2015

Site NewsTrack Releases (holy cow do we have a lot)
  • Supersonic Motion by @Rafael - An incredible  "hyperspeed" track by Rafael, with a fantastic music sync and a crazy finish.
  • Wot by @Conundrumer - A new track by Conundrumer, featuring liberal use of kramuals and a custom soundtrack that really makes it a must watch.
  • Silent Flame Scened by The WeRideTheLines Community Scenery Project - The community scenery project is back with a track four years in the making that will knock your socks off. Features a massive ending monument by @Getthim, @Opal Rider, and myself.
  • Gospel by @OTDE - OTDE returns with an awesome new slow-paced manuquirk synced to Leonard Cohen.
  • Astir by @Votale and @Summoning - Summoning and Votale (though mostly summoning) are back with another funky XY with liberal use of green lines.
  • Sylveon by @Kevansevans - Kevans releases a surprisingly large synced omnitrack that is a joy to watch. Features lots of flatsledding that you will probably enjoy.
  • Perpetuo by The WeRideTheLines Community Collaboration - The WCC has released a scened track! This collaboration had a totally unique concept - take a repeating track and have lots of people scene it in lots of different ways. The result is pretty cool.
  • Hybrid Eclipse by @Kramwood - Kramwood's highspeed battle track with Rafael - the highest speeds of a major track release ever released, and more of all the stuff we know and love from Kramwood.
  • Wolf's Legacy by @Inukaza - Inukaza returns, with an omnitrack that's a notable step up from his previous tracks.
  • Freedom of Choice by @Getthim and @Dapianokid - "Gap" release their first omnitrack, with a wide variety of styles and tricks due to the differences in style of the collaborators.
  • Satalyte by @GhostY - GhostY returns with a surprisingly entertaining XY after a long absence.
  • Shell Shocked by @RyderLR - ryder releases a new track featuring some notable quirk, lots of airtime, and tons of delicious music syncs.
  • Infiltration by @Kramwood - A highspeed flatsled track by Kramwood with some seriously impressive recycles.
  • Sweet and Sour by @Orthuss and Getthim - Orthuss and Getthim are out with a surprisingly entertaining and fun micro-XY.
  • Good Enough by @Chuggers - A highspeed flatsled track by Chuggers with some hilarious editing.
  • Twist by @theacp127 - theacp returns, with a manuqurik with some green line misdirection.
  • Trackbits #2 by @Lukking -  Lukking finally continues his TrackBits series where he recreates well-known tracks, this time with Dacite by Georgio_Jc.
  • Rock On by @mmtunligit12 - a new track from mmt
Engaged Riding
  • Words have been said. The Rematch is at hand. Go vote for the Highspeed Battle between Hybrid Eclipse by Kramwood and Supersonic Motion by Rafael!
  • The Weirdest Track Contest returns with Part 2! Go make weird tracks, everyone. Also, vote for the winner of the first weird track contest, since there never was one.
  • Two new community projects were started this month, the Offsled Collab, started by @Chuggers, and the Anonymous Collab, started by @Kevansevans. You should check both of them out and make a part! (But don't tell anyone you're making a part in the anon collab)
  • Clarifaction Scened is also complete, thanks to @Yobanjojoe (wooo!) but the Forest Scenery project and the community scenery project Phunky are both sitting idle, waiting for someone to take them. Help us out!
  • The Battle Royale is nearing an end, as soon as I can release my track. Sorry for the holdup, everyone. Once I release it (which should be soon) we will vote!
  • We have a new contest - the Music Sync Exchange Contest. Swap the music of two well known tracks and upload a video to compete!
  • The Tales of Twenty collab is finished, we just need someone to record and edit a video (anyone?). The Experiment Collab and the 200 Line Collab are still going on if you want a low-key community collab to take part in.
  • Blackheart is moving along slowly but surely. We may need more people to help GhostY finish the alt quirk section, so stay tuned.
Version Development
  • No new news for LineOnline, but @Kevansevans continues to add more features to 3.4.X - additions this month include the hotly debated tail fakie toggle (see an example of one here), variable watermark text, new camera settings, and arbitrary zoom levels
Upcoming Stuff!Awards this month (these will continue to be updated throughout the month)

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

WRTL Newsletter #7 - February 2015 Empty Re: WRTL Newsletter #7 - February 2015

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:16 pm

What the hell is Welcome to Metropolis? xD News flash, wtm stands for well tempered manual, and the glorious end is in sight!

The working title is Metropolis Run BTW, a throwback to Urban Run

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Shotoku wrote:What the hell is Welcome to Metropolis? xD
IGLima's TOC3 entry

Pretty Cool Track: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t2131-welcome-to-metropolis-scened-iglima

Voted best track eliminated in round 2 of TOC3: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t2444-filler-poll-3-best-tracks-eliminated-in-round-2

Great newsletter as always, Rabid! Sometimes when I'm bored I go back and read the previous ones just to recap on stuff.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 pm

I love these so much!
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 pm

This is one of the highlights of my months.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:09 am

Shotoku wrote:What the hell is Welcome to Metropolis? xD News flash, wtm stands for well tempered manual, and the glorious end is in sight!

The working title is Metropolis Run BTW, a throwback to Urban Run
efrazable wrote:
Shotoku wrote:What the hell is Welcome to Metropolis? xD
IGLima's TOC3 entry

Pretty Cool Track: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t2131-welcome-to-metropolis-scened-iglima

Voted best track eliminated in round 2 of TOC3: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t2444-filler-poll-3-best-tracks-eliminated-in-round-2
Oh jeez. I must have subconsciously done that. I thought Well Tempered Manual = WTM = Welcome to Metropolis.

Kramwood wrote:Lol Infiltration is anything but a "Highspeed Flatsled"

more like a midspeed manuquirk with recycles.
lol I think us mere mortals consider 30-60ppf to be highspeed.

thanks for the positive words efraz, ryder, dap
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down