We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

+5
RyderLR
rabid squirrel
ScrungleBlumpkus
Getthim
Fauxfyre
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale Empty Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:11 am

This contest is currently running! Here are the rules:

Rules
Absolutely anything goes. Any style, any track length
Start at any point before the end of the contest
Deadline is maybe December 1st, extensions possible
Public poll will decide the winner

Phases (aka "the catch")
At any point during the running of the contest, state you are entering, then do the following:

• Post a 1-3 second unfinished sol (must not die or stall)
  • Pick one sol that is not yours and builds any track out of it.

Tracks will try to be released within the same week, meaning around the week of December 1st, we'll see how everyone's doing at that point.
Try to refrain from posting your track until the deadline. That won't result in an instant disqualification, but you might want to keep it a surprise to the other contestants anyways.
If you need a time extension, please say so at least 1 week in advance.

Entrants (with the .sol they posted)
Shotoku ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxgcnz3c7ugdx2z/start.sol )
Getthim ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgqpxans5hdswve/getthim%27s+start+savedLines.sol#39;s_start_savedLines.sol )
Dapianokid ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqg4cs3vfda41s3/dapstart.sol?dl=0 )
RyderLR
Rafael ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/2o4hxqv83i33bv0/savedLines%282%29.sol )
Rabid Squirrel ( http://bit.ly/1rInbPX )
.Iso ( http://www.mediafire.com/?21kqweiijgjndv6 )

Last edited by Shotoku on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 18 times in total

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale Empty Re: Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

Post by Getthim Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:12 am

wouldn't mind having a go
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale Empty Re: Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:25 pm

I will participate.

That is, if somebody could explain the rules better. One person works on one track from one random start and that's it, or do we all switch working on stuff every week? Because in that case, somebody's gonna get picked on with sucky parts for his track xD
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:39 pm

You just start from someone else's start of your choosing. That way everyone has the same amount of time to work, hence "synchronized"

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:23 pm

That's barking brilliant. So we'll all start in the same week and end in the same week. It's perfect! I'll do my start right now. What if we all had the same start? :P
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:31 pm

The point for letting people choose is so that
1) one person can't sabotage somebody else's due to random picks. If the person gets to pick their own, then they'll be able to pick a good one.
2) if somebody doesn't like what somebody else did, they can choose another starting sol that they like the best, hopefully encouraging people to make a track they like, or that they can fit into the style they want.
3) I don't see any issues with people having the same starts as other people. In fact, it might even make it mildy more interesting. The point for keeping starting part between 1 and 3 seconds is so it's short enough that it won't take up most of the track, and long enough that contestants have a defined concept to build off of (or build away from, this is a free for all)

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 am

hope this takes off
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:hope this takes off
The freakin sign up. Not trying to be rude, but if I'm only going against Dap and Gett, then I'm probably not going to even start this up.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Idk if I'll be into making LR tracks during college but sure sign me up
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:31 pm

rudeness understood and accepted
Getthim
Getthim

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:12 pm

I would, but I'm not sure if I can keep track of two battles at the same time.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Opal, you have the manual thing going on. But we'd all love to see it!
Rudeness understood and appreciated, actually. Because I know Shot would kick my butt.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Opal Rider wrote:I would, but I'm not sure if I can keep track of two battles at the same time.
Please do

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:33 am

I mean

I could spend a solid week of time on this site and still wouldn't be in a position where I would have time for this.

so no I won't sign up

but I hope others who aren't doing a million things on here already like I am will and it's a little annoying to be attacked for saying that
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 am

rabid squirrel wrote:I mean

I could spend a solid week of time on this site and still wouldn't be in a position where I would have time for this.

so no I won't sign up

but I hope others who aren't doing a million things on here already like I am will and it's a little annoying to be attacked for saying that
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to direct it just at you, I was just kind of annoyed how I make a contest where people can do literally anything they want and the only people willing to even give it a try are the newbies. I wasn't expecting you in particular, but I know there are more than 2 other people that play LR. :|

Hell, we can't even get more than 10 people to vote in some of the featured vids polls. What was I thinking trying to run a contest.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 am

I'd give it a shot, but I'm gone until the 30th.. can you move it a week?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 am

I'll push it back as far as people need it.
Also, I'm not expecting everyone to make a full track if they don't want to. I don't know if that message got across to everyone, but I never really expected full-length tracks from everyone.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:48 pm

There needs to be a bigger surge of activity where people like Pawel and Raf and CC get on and actually do stuff. If the community can get THAT active, we'd probably see a lot more opporunity for things like this.

Newbie? U WOT M8
Okay actually yeah I'm pretty new.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:24 pm

im in
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Updated the contest rules and OP. New info is bolded:

Rules
Absolutely anything goes. Any style, any track length
Start at any point before the end of the contest
Deadline is maybe December 1st, extensions possible
Public poll will decide the winner

Phases (aka "the catch")
At any point during the running of the contest, state you are entering, then do the following:

• On or after September 1st, post a 1-3 second unfinished sol (must not die or stall)
  • Pick one sol that is not yours and builds any track out of it.

Tracks must be released within the same week, meaning around the week of December 1st, we'll see how everyone's doing at that point.
If you need a time extension, please say so at least 1 week in advance.

Entrants
Shotoku
Getthim
Dapianokid
RyderLR
Rafael
Sheldon

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Be sure to have your small track start ready for next week so we can get started on making things as soon as we officially start!

Remember I am now also accepting extra people at any time they wish to start during the contest.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Screw it

I'm in

EDIT: just made my start. dunno if anyone will want it. we shall see.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 am

So, starting tomorrow, post your starting sol, then hopefully by the end of the week somebody will have posted one of theirs that you want to start a track from.

PLEASE post your start as soon as possible this week (starting tomorrow) so other people can get started on their tracks as soon as possible as well.

As a refresher, contest will last a minimum of 3 months. If progress is being made but some people need more time, the deadline will be extended. Try to refrain from posting your track until the deadline. That won't result in an instant disqualification, but you might want to keep it a surprise to the other contestants anyways Wink

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 pm

it is now the 1st sept for me! here is my beginning

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgqpxans5hdswve/getthim%27s+start+savedLines.sol#39;s_start_savedLines.sol

EDIT: Sorry Shotoku. anyway it is and all blue smooth manuals, do whatever you like

Last edited by Getthim on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Getthim
Getthim

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:10 pm

Well, fine, if you're going to be that way, everybody's free to go now!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxgcnz3c7ugdx2z/start.sol

There's mine, all gwell with a nice loop to start with

I'll start posting starting sols in the OP soon for better reference

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next