We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf's Legacy - Inu

+5
Rafael
Getthim
ScrungleBlumpkus
theacp127
Inukaza
9 posters

Go down

Wolf's Legacy - Inu Empty Wolf's Legacy - Inu

Post by Inukaza Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:58 pm

8th anni track. I really love this track and I'd say this is my best one.
Largest/Longest track I've ever made.
It took over a month, started it in December.
My last track was actually 20 months ago, so take it easy, friends. Smile

Anyway, Enjoy. <3

Last edited by Inukaza on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Wolf's Legacy - Inu Empty Re: Wolf's Legacy - Inu

Post by theacp127 Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Really great track you have there. I loved the over all feeling of the track with the music. The track felt joyful and full of feeling. Great job!
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Shocked
Holy crap.
Inverted Onoz
So fun. The syncing was boss, and that's something considering how low expectations of the sync I had because the song didn't seem to me to be very contrasting between sections. This made me eat my hat over that matter.
XY is hard to make THAT compact and THAT powerful simultaneously. Surpassed me, there.
You know how much I love quirk. So when I say this, it means you have a serious talent in the area I'm about to complement: Your manual section was my favorite part of the track. Someo f them were even rotationless in sections, and off point manuals made me grin. I literally chuckled at the unexpected and remarkable integration. The Nose granules were especially exceptional.
The quirk section was so sudden from you! Great smooth transition into it. I had no idea you did fling quirk so well ;P Interesting zoom choice on it, too. It made it feel more all over the place and yet it was fling quirk.
One of my favorite tracks, for classic inu and for mastery of style. <3 for inspiration. This is your best work imo. :rabid: STICK AROUND!! Also, dat tail - foot asdf loop ripped straight from our collab, tho <3

Last edited by Dapianokid on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:18 pm

certainly fun to watch while drunk, quite liked the infinty shaped fling at 0:38 - 0:39 ish
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Inu and asdfs? WHAT IS HAPPENING

That was beast man. Loved the misdirections like on 0:47, and your manuals are beast! Classic Inu style, missed your tracks. Definitely your best so far.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:43 am

theacp127 wrote:Really great track you have there. I loved the over all feeling of the track with the music. The track felt joyful and full of feeling. Great job!

Thanks. Smile

Dapianokid wrote:Shocked
Holy crap.
Inverted Onoz
So fun. The syncing was boss, and that's something considering how low expectations of the sync I had because the song didn't seem to me to be very contrasting between sections. This made me eat my hat over that matter.
XY is hard to make THAT compact and THAT powerful simultaneously. Surpassed me, there.
You know how much I love quirk. So when I say this, it means you have a serious talent in the area I'm about to complement: Your manual section was my favorite part of the track. Someo f them were even rotationless in sections, and off point manuals made me grin. I literally chuckled at the unexpected and remarkable integration. The Nose granules were especially exceptional.
The quirk section was so sudden from you! Great smooth transition into it. I had no idea you did fling quirk so well ;P Interesting zoom choice on it, too. It made it feel more all over the place and yet it was fling quirk.
One of my favorite tracks, for classic inu and for mastery of style. <3 for inspiration. This is your best work imo. :rabid: STICK AROUND!! Also, dat tail - foot asdf loop ripped straight from our collab, tho <3

Lol dap, thanks. And I appreciative you being my bouncing bored for ideas. :3

Getthim wrote:certainly fun to watch while drunk, quite liked the infinty shaped fling at 0:38 - 0:39 ish

Watching tracks drunk is always fun. ;P

Rafael wrote:Inu and asdfs? WHAT IS HAPPENING

That was beast man. Loved the misdirections like on 0:47, and your manuals are beast! Classic Inu style, missed your tracks. Definitely your best so far.

Thanks. Smile

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Incredible track. I'm lost for words, there is just so much to praise you for that I don't know where to begin. Certainly worth you calling it your best track

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Personally, I'd say Hurl is your best track. I feel like perhaps you tried to do too many different things in this track, which made everything feel a bit seperated from eachother, unlike a lot of your other tracks. Last two parts were definitely the best. Overall quite enjoyable but I feel like you could do better if you were given more time :P
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 pm

First of all, I really do like the sectioning in this track, and the different sections did fit the music pretty well. The XY's not Hurl-level, but it keeps Bosh moving throughout and leads into the next section really well. I liked the midspeed manuals section starting at around 0:52 the most, but dang, that quirking at the end works really well. Not to take anything away from your other sections, they were all pretty great. Seriously, this track is how you do buildup well.  

It's crazy, the first track I think I ever commented on on this site was your third anni. Now here's your 8th. Crazy how time flies, or something.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:17 pm

While you were streaming, you commented that I said I thought Wolf's Fantasy was your best track, and wasn't all that impressed with Wolf's Reality - versus how you were super proud of wolf's reality and didn't understand why people liked wolf's fantasy so much.

I watched both, and honestly, I stand by my answer, even though I think I can see that the quirk and manuals are more intense and more powerful in WR - WF just feels more fun to me (maybe because it's so much more chill?) All I can really tell you is that different things will work different amounts for different people and that's always gonna be a thing.

However, I think I can say this track is a step up from anything you've done before. It's like SND except the sections are as good as your other tracks or better, and they are more well thought out as well.

However, for me I think what makes this track really work is the length of the sections and the distinct sections themselves - it just feels really well thought out. Just when I am getting tired of one thing, it hits me with something new and it syncs with the music and it just creates this nice warm satisfying feeling in my tummy.

I watched hurl and I think maybe the xy was a tiny bit better in hurl (more creative, powerful), but for me this was mostly just filler/build into the real track - it was technically good and intense but the result was just kind of dizzying, and nothing really stood out to me.

The quirk I really enjoyed more than WR because it doesn't stop and start him constantly, but more often keeps him moving in a fluid way, which then accentuates the stops a lot more and then they also give me the nice warm feeling. I think this is why I liked the manuquirk section the best. 0:38 - 0:50 was easily my fav bit of the track. Rewatching WR, I saw only one or maybe two stops that were milked in the same way - there are lots of stops but they are super fast and easy to miss and more just like fast direction changes than actual stops. the stops in WL are easy to see, and easy to feel.

I love the integration section, in particular how you didn't shy away from tail manuals - and those are high pressure tail manuals and a pretty fast speed and they are uber balanced. The integration also never feels like a manual didn't work out so you threw in some integration, it all feels very intentional. Deleting the first attempt at this section was definitely a good idea.

And then the quirk at the end - don't have much to say about this except that it was lovely. Felt very free and fluid and was just super fun to watch and a great way to end the track. Rounds the whole thing off beautifully.

I've been trying to think of what to say at the end of this review for a while, because I think I commented once that your tracks all look pretty similar. I'm not sure how best to push you to try go in a new direction, but here's my best suggestion. Make a track, with no intent to publish it, with all the ridiculous things you thought about doing and then decided that it wouldn't fit. Then look at those things, and take notes on what ones are actually really cool, or could look cool in a different context. Then think up an idea for a track that uses those crazy things you made, and then do it. Maybe just small tracks at first to test it out. I see you doing a lot of replication of what others are already doing, and you're doing it really well - but maybe this will help you forge into new areas and make something really cool and different. I hope so Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: