We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRTL Newsletter #8 - April 2015

+2
OTDE
rabid squirrel
6 posters

Go down

WRTL Newsletter #8 - April 2015 Empty WRTL Newsletter #8 - April 2015

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Hello! For those reading this in the Inbox, in the last few months we have been doing a WRTL newsletter on the forum. This is the first month that we are sending it out as an actual email newsletter! We hope this reaches people who may be interested in rejoining our community, now that you can see that we are back in full swing! For those reading on the site, rabid was busy this month and the March newsletter was never posted, so this newsletter covers the last two months.

April 2015

Site News
  • Check out the "Winged PIPs" under people's profiles! Big thanks to @Chuggers for designing them and continuing to make them! Yellow ones are acquired by winning a contest, blue ones from getting a track featured. I don't know if I can speak for everyone but I think we are all pretty happy with our new awards system!
  • We have a horde of new featured movies in the last two months.
    Sylveon by @[senpai] kevans
    Gospel by @OTDE
    Wot by @Conundrumer
    Supersonic Motion by @Rafael
    Astir by @Summoning and @Votale
    Hybrid Eclipse by @Kramwood
    Metropolis Run by @shotoku and @gaoyubao
    Catgroove by @Lukking
    Intro by @RyderLR
    If you haven't seen any of these, they are all incredible and you really should watch them.
    On another note, due to some difficulties with having public discussion of feature movies nominations, we now have a couple of new rules in the section to prevent bickering.
  • We have a WRTL Tumblr! http://weridethelines.tumblr.com/ (thread) It is maintained by @[senpai] kevans so I need to put a disclaimer that it is not official and the tumblr does not reflect the opinions of the staff here at WRTL. But it's super cool and you should all check it out, and follow it and reblog stuff if you have a tumblr.
  • The Sunday Squirrel Broadcast livestream series, depite a couple weeks off, is still going strong. Recent adventures include Chugs talking about how Hedge inspired him, Rabid learning to make alt flings and kramuals, an in-depth review of Supersonic Motion, and an in-depth Skype interview with ZNF himself. The broadcast is on sundays every (well, most every) week (various times according to rabid's schedule), and they are put on youtube afterward so you can watch them any time you wish.
  • The return of the Ban Raffle and Toilet Lord has come to pass. Enjoy the Toilet Forum while it lasts.
Track Releases
  • Catgroove by @Lukking - Lukking returns with an epic all-blue music-synced omni masterpiece.
  • Metropolis Run by @Shotoku and @gaoyubao - Shotoku releases a scened version of the first section of gao's Well Tempered Manual, set in a cityscape full of roads and buildings, and featuring a perspective shift.
  • Intro by @RyderLR - An extremely unconventional music-synced track by ryder, with most of the track based on a single long horizontal line.
  • Unusuals by @Chuggers - An unconventional manual track by Chuggers with a number of stacks and surprising moments.
  • High Notions 2 by @Kramwood - Kramwood's final track, featuring a huge amount of extremely impressive technical fling combinations.
  • Nightmare by @Summoning - Summoning releases a highspeed fling quirk with some crazy moments and some really fun music syncing.
  • Cataclysmic Andromedus Feel by @Dapianokid - A technically impressive track by Dap with a lot of variety, featuring "kramual cannons" and dedicated to Chuggers.
  • Preacher by @RyderLR - A highly enjoyable smooth highspeeed music-synced manuquirk with lots of airtime and liberal use of green lines.
  • Argo by Thorn Clan - Thorn Clan releases their first track in a number of years, a highspeed manuquirk
  • Ballcycle by @ACwazHere - A humorous flatsled track by AC with an insane amount of recycling.
  • Parade by @Pawel - A creative manuquirk by Pawel with one bit that you won't believe when you see the color replay
  • Eternity by @Kramwood - A unfinished but still large quirk omnitrack by Kramwood
  • Jazzy Jazz by @Opal Rider and @Pawel - A super funky manuquirk from two terrific manuquirkers
  • Hamcycle by @ACwazHere - An old flatsled recycling track by AC with crappy pencil scenery everywhere and a really unexpectedly awesome ending
  • Blue Confusion by @theacp127 - a fun blue quirk with a number of unconventional moments by theacp.
  • Rutabaga by @shua - shua returns with a fun, compact manuquirk
  • Blue Moon by @Catz - Catz returns with an enjoyable blue manuquirk
  • Stop Signs by @theacp127 - A fun and creative manuquirk by theacp
  • The Tales of Twenty by The WCC - A WCC release where every participant made 20 lines per part (originally a LCC project)
  • 7 by @Xanthu - An old school quirk made by Xanthu in 7 hours.
  • Screw the Landfill and Logging Camp by @mmtunligit12 - Two new tracks by mmt, featuring recycling and some scenery, respectively.
Engaged RidingVersion Development
  • No new news this month for LineOnline, and no new news for 3.4.X - besides a few bug fixes and minor tweaks, and a growing number of converts to version 3.4.X (and a controversial April Fool's joke) But I will keep you posted.
Upcoming Stuff!
Awards this month (these will continue to be updated throughout the month)

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:02 am; edited 6 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

WRTL Newsletter #8 - April 2015 Empty Re: WRTL Newsletter #8 - April 2015

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:50 pm

let me know if you got the newsletter email (should send to your forum account email address)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:00 am

rabid squirrel wrote:[*]A little bird told me that OTDE has something in the works that you will definitely not be expecting.

It's going to look exactly like gospel! Inverted Onoz
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by 14mRh4X0r Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 am

Yup, got the email… That's why I'm here! Hi!
14mRh4X0r
14mRh4X0r

Nobody appreciates the term 'hacker' anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:35 am

Rabid Squirrel wrote:Parade by @Pawel - A creative blue manuquirk by Pawel with one bit that you won't believe when you see the color replay
not really :P
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:00 am

14mRh4X0r wrote:Yup, got the email… That's why I'm here! Hi!
Been a few years. Heyyy.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by UrASmurf Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Woops, was out of town and missed this till now. Glad to see some activity Smile
UrASmurf
UrASmurf

http://www.reddit.com/user/UrASmurf/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:33 am

Pawel3 wrote:
Rabid Squirrel wrote:Parade by @Pawel - A creative blue manuquirk by Pawel with one bit that you won't believe when you see the color replay
not really :P
haha is it not blue? sorry I just wrote the description of watching the track a couple times back when it came out. fixed.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: