We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astir - Votale & Summoning

+9
Orthuss
Sheldon
RyderLR
Opal Rider
ACwazHere
Votale
Rafael
gaoyubao
Summoning
13 posters

Go down

Astir - Votale & Summoning Empty Astir - Votale & Summoning

Post by Summoning Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Fun collab that I had with Votale, and another XY at that haha. Wish he could have made more parts, but he got pretty busy so I decided to just go on without him instead of abandoning it. Hope y'all enjoy watching it as much as I had making it Very Happy.

Youtube Link

Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Astir - Votale & Summoning Empty Re: Astir - Votale & Summoning

Post by gaoyubao Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm

ermah that was awesome I love your grolls and excessive green lines.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm

This is my favourite XY ever. That was so unique. Tracks like these really make you realize how timeless this game is.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Honestly, take out my parts, my favorite track ever. So fucking good dude. XY or quirk, my favorite track of all time. It was so unique and beautifully done. This is how this game should be.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:47 am

Bro dawg. That was totally sweet. I really love the way you used green lines. Some awesome space recycling (and normal recycling [and I bet you recycle your plastic, too]). My fav part was from 1:10-1:23. Great job bro Thumbs Up
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:29 am

I always love seeing this type of green line use. So much cool creative stuff out recently!
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:31 am

idk how you do what you do....but I like it.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Scenery 10/10
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Hot diggity dog I love myself some green lines in XY. That was fantastically misdirecting. The three hand drops (idk) around 0:31 got me pretty good.
I bet this track will cause quite astir.

EDIT: Wait, I'm in the credits? *single tear rolls down cheek*

Last edited by Orthuss on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Dank Nasty 2: The Hunt for Green October (weed/scenery-line references ahoy!)
This was unquestionably one of the most unique XYs I've ever seen; there was a sort of upbeat, carefree quality that I've only found in the likes of Mudskipper and Dank Nasty. You guys have a truly untouchable style, and it's 100% kickass. Awesome collab!
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Bosh is helpless when faced with your commanding fliplord status control. You guys are hawt <3 This track reminds me that the technical aspect of this game isn't all there is to gawk at. Thank you for giving me something so inspiring that I couldn't burn out even if I tried XD
That created astir in my heart Inverted Onoz
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:00 pm

The most memorable part of this track was the large amount of green line usage (in a good way). I could tell fairly quickly what was green and what wasn't, but that didn't stop from enjoying how well placed everything was, it was interesting the whole time. The track itself had a lot of strong points too, bit they didn't seem like the highlight of the track, which I guess is good because it would just feel like a pain old xy at that point. Great job maynes

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:16 pm

/super late

first of all, I hate it when there is a fade in over the first part of the recording of the track. I WANNA SEE THE START. Just had to get that off my chest.

I went back and watched dank nasty and I think I liked it better because a lot of the stuff that happens is more easily perceptible to someone who hasn't done this stuff himself. (some of the bounces, the recycled pinch, some of the integration, etc) This track also wasn't as unpredictable for me. Not to say this isn't great - I enjoyed it thoroughly! - but it wasn't as fun as the first one. Maybe part of that was just the novelty of it at the time.

On the other hand, I think that watching this track sans green lines on the broadcast was a really eye-opening experience (I was amazed how bland it looked). In a lot of tracks, I think Dank Nasty included, the green lines are intended more as a "gotcha" kind of deal a la Flashkick, but the green in this track kind of takes it a little further, where you actually know that a lot of the lines are green as he interacts with them, sometimes  even before he interacts with them for the first time. The green lines seem to actually be closer to scenery than anything else because they are basically there to increase the track's aesthetic value.

I think there is a gap between simple scenery and green lines in quirk (like in this track) that has enormous potential for further exploration. Imagine the possibilities in adding green lines to quirk for purely aesthetic purposes, without feeling any need to disguise them with track lines. Food for thought.

Opal and I were talking about this track this week and he said something I thought was really cool. Your XY style isn't intense or technical, but it also lacks the nubbish looking spots that are so common with people first trying xy out. It is consistently entertaining and creative without making your head spin with the smash crash boom bam careening everywhere as fast as possible, and maybe that is a big reason why your XY style is loved so much.

Sum - I hope to see more from you, but I also hope you continue to try new stuff. You have a great eye for what looks good before it has already been done and become popular. Tap into that and I think you could make some tracks that are not only great and entertaining, but that really change the way we play the game. What would it look like? I have no clue. But I sure hope I will find out! Very Happy Best of luck.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: