We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna see a tail fakie?

+3
ScrungleBlumpkus
Chuggers
Orthuss
7 posters

Go down

Wanna see a tail fakie? Empty Wanna see a tail fakie?

Post by Orthuss Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:53 pm

This goes under "tidbits" and "oddballs", so I guess I'll post this here. Go ahead and move it elsewhere if it don't fit.

I downloaded Kevans' new 3.4.X and started an XY solo track when I accidentally got a tail fakie. I'm pretty sure it's one, at least. I thought you might wanna see since we've heard all this talk about tail fakies but I'm pretty sure not a lot of people have actually seen one. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything, please.

This video contains bosh going into tail fakie, bosh exiting a tail fakie, and two stalls that take advantage of the weird sled position. I've added hit test/contact point playback for clarity's sake.
Clip 1: My XY bit. I tried to get a Y line at the first peg (bottom peg) to make bosh tumble a bit, but this line pushed the first peg contact point above the second peg (top peg). You can see this a bit more clearly in the contact point playback. The weird part here is that while the first peg contact point goes up, the image of the sled stays the same since it seems to be based on the line between the second peg and the top of the nose. So we've just got a disfigured first peg tail contact point and bosh's butt being weirdly in the middle of the sled. I dunno about that one.
Clip 2: Since the first peg contact point's moved above the second peg but the visual hasn't changed, you can use the well in weird places. It looks like bosh is just going to slide down to the right, but he's suspended by this one line affecting his disfigured first peg.
Clip 3: I got bosh out of tail fakie on this one, probably by a pretty lucky line. The one line first holds his second peg in place, then the disfigured first peg is pulled by gravity from the other side of the line back to its original position. So it's possible to get bosh out.
Clip 4: First of all, see that (unbalanced) tail manual? Bosh is riding on the second peg while the first peg looks like it's on the other side of the line. Because the first peg is actually above the second peg, the first peg visual doesn't actually mean anything. The stall works with the same concept as in clip 2, but the use of the displacement is more noticeable, I guess.

Will edit a .sol in here soon so you can see and experiment for yourself.
EDIT: Link to .sol file. Open in Kevans' newest 3.4.X. Toggle dual fakies on. (dual fakies not always on anymore)

Last edited by Orthuss on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Kevans fixed dual fakie toggle.)
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Wanna see a tail fakie? Empty Re: Wanna see a tail fakie?

Post by Chuggers Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:20 pm

reminds me of the 10x gravity versions in position

so weird to experience a new game mechanic
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Man, that is so messed up.
I love you Orthuss for being the one who experimented first ^^
This made me go and try it and realize that the version keavns is now pushing always has the ability to do tail fakies, and thus is untoggleable. It also has been performing some strange crashes. Tell 'em, Orth?

Basically this position has been possible for since the start of the game. But, for only one frame. Now that the game doesn't kill him just for being in that position, it is perfectly possible to do new interestng things. There are other cases of this which would not require endurance variable tampering, are there not, kevans?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:52 pm

^just pointing out that I really dislike being mentioned like that.

Also it's supposed to be a toggle. Not sure why it isn't. Other than every other crash check, there isn't much to change without it actually becoming "too easy"
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:21 am

it's not a toggle?

EDIT: oh it was a bug that was fixed. nvm ignore me

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:24 am

rabid squirrel wrote:it's not a toggle?

He fixed it, but it wasn't for a tiny bit by accident I'm assuming.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:41 am

crazy shit
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down