We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRTL Newsletter #9 - May 2015

5 posters

Go down

WRTL Newsletter #9 - May 2015 Empty WRTL Newsletter #9 - May 2015

Post by rabid squirrel Fri May 01, 2015 10:27 am

Some really cool stuff happened this month, amid a bunch of drama. Check out the cool stuff here Smile

May 2015

Site News
Track Releases
  • Inhibitions by @Dapianokid - A massive, highspeed, high-intensity, synced XY by dap
  • Come to Daddy by @OTDE - A very enigmatic and disturbing video that involves a weird Line Rider track.
  • Eden 3: The End of an Era by @Helios Pavonine - Unfinished, this is still a very impressive track by HP. Technical wizardry and mastery of movement combined with excellent music syncing and a wide variety of styles makes this a seriously impressive track even at less than a minute long.
  • Live and Let Die by @Chuggers - Chuggers's self-proclaimed masterpiece that spawned a huge debate over whether it was a track or not, with dozens of cuts between old tracks and unreleased material, set to sync to music.
  • Marmalade Scened by @Pawel3 - Pawel's enjoyable and fun "first attempt" at scenery. Very cool.
  • Firework by @Chuggers - A short omnitrack by Chuggers featuring some really great highspeed quirk towards the end.
  • Secrets and Lies by The WCC - The anonymous collab - find out who did what in this video!
  • The Touch by @Wizzy - A pencil-only flatsled track made by Wizzy with a tablet. Strangely enjoyable.
Engaged Riding
  • The Booty Breach Contest Results Video is up - congrats again to @gaoyubao, the contest-pulverizing machine, for the win, and thanks to @efrazable, the video editing machine, for editing! Stand by for a video for this month's contest's video, Bosh Olympics. No word on whether there will be a May Contest of the Month or not.
  • Introducing the Decade Collab - help us figure out a project to do for the 10-year anniversary of Line Rider, in September 2016!
  • The 200 Line Collab is in need of a video editor! It is done, and rabid will record it if someone else will agree to edit it. (The Experiment Collab is also nearing completion and will likely need a video editor soon)
  • Congrats to @Chuggers for winning the Manuquirk Battle against @RyderLR and @theacp127!
  • The 2nd Weird Track Contest is still going on, since there is no deadline and people are still working on entries.
  • If you're looking for a low-key WCC collab, check out the Offsled Collab or the Old School Quirk Collab.
  • If you're looking to do scenery, Phunky (the current Community Scenery Project) and the Forest Scenery Project, are sitting open much of the time these days - help us out!
  • Blackheart continues to progress, with the alt/prog quirk done, modern quirk underway, and highspeed quirk coming up!
Version Development
  • New features for 3.4.X this month - rewind, frame scrubbing, and optimized fast-forward! Woo!
  • Possible news on a new build. Stay tuned.
Upcoming Stuff!Awards this month (these will continue to be updated throughout the month)

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

WRTL Newsletter #9 - May 2015 Empty Re: WRTL Newsletter #9 - May 2015

Post by Chuggers Sat May 02, 2015 12:16 am

I didn't even notice the variety of tracks featured during the month, it's pretty cool to see how everybody is doing their own thing

Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat May 02, 2015 12:32 am

Chuggers wrote:I didn't even notice the variety of tracks featured during the month, it's pretty cool to see how everybody is doing their own thing

IF IT'S GOOD TO YA

IT'S GOOD FO YA
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat May 02, 2015 10:44 am

rabid squirrel wrote: No word on whether there will be a May Contest of the Month or not.
i'm not a huge fan of hosting back-to-back contests, but I have a pretty good (scenery related) concept for a contest in June.

But if anyone wants to host May, it's not too late! Here's a thread of booty ideas:
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t10880-cotm-26-march-2015-which-booty-do-you-prefer

Also it's so cool to look back at the month to see all that was going on, so I'm glad rabid does these. May I suggest a link in each month to the previous month, cause every time I look at the latest recap, I'm prompted to look at the previous month or so.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 am

efrazable wrote:May I suggest a link in each month to the previous month, cause every time I look at the latest recap, I'm prompted to look at the previous month or so.
good idea, I'll start doing this next month
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat May 02, 2015 7:09 pm

OTDE wrote:
Chuggers wrote:I didn't even notice the variety of tracks featured during the month, it's pretty cool to see how everybody is doing their own thing

IF IT'S GOOD TO YA

IT'S GOOD FO YA

STICKS
AND
STONES MAY
BREAK
YO
BO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O_______
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat May 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Chuggers wrote:
OTDE wrote:

IF IT'S GOOD TO YA

IT'S GOOD FO YA

STICKS
AND
STONES MAY
BREAK
YO
BO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O_______

Find a funnier post
try it
go ahead
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down