We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima

+10
rabid squirrel
Georgio_jc
Bubbles
MartinJulenissen
Lukking
Inukaza
Catz
Se7eN
Rafael
IGLima
14 posters

Go down

Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima Empty Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima

Post by IGLima Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX0qEQDL8jg

Here it is, my TOC 3 Entry. 8D
This is an all blue XY track 1:20 in length, scened with 15,308 lines.
SOL: http://www.mediafire.com/?znlex2zjmqn40nt (watch out, 30MB)

Big thanks to Rabid for advice and recording. (and letting me enter late. Hehe)
Inspired by LRG, Smit5y, Flagcapper and Aqua.

Comments and critism are greatly appreciated. Smile
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima Empty Re: Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima

Post by Rafael Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 am

I jawdropped. I never do that.
Brilliant.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima Empty Re: Welcome to Metropolis Scened - IGLima

Post by Se7eN Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I did not expect that!

Wow, I loved that track! I absolutley love how well you executed the city theme. Very, Very neat. Good thing you sticked with that to the end. Im sorry i kicked you out of my clan. I should had put you in as a scener xD well I was impressed and loved this. Keep doing scenery!

+ rep!

Se7eN

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm

sexy
fast
nice scenery
asum 8D
Catz
Catz

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:41 pm

It was a tad bit too repetitive. Tracks was good, though scenery was iffy. It got a little too boring too fast

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:43 pm

wow
the music fitted PERFECTLY imo and the track was awesome.
well +rep and sub and fav
ur ossum!
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:29 pm

thsi track makes me miss all Xy scenery, like srsly why cant there be any all XY scened XYs nowadays?

anyways, it was pretty smooth, but it felt repetive as inu said, but i guess scening a recycling XY means that it will be repetive, anyway, gd job
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:12 pm

pretty sweet but why not fully xy scenery?
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:34 pm

@Inu: Yeah, I kinda saw that coming. xD I was originally going to add other stuff like more construction zones and background objects but I ran out of time and wanted to get it done.
@Lukking: Thanks! I heard that music and I was literally like "Wow, I should make a track for that song..." xD
@MJ and Bubbles:
1. I wanted this to be unique and different from other XY tracks.
2. It would be pretty hard to make it 3D with only XY lines...
3. Since when was there a rule that said XY tracks had to be scened with XY scenery. :|
Thanks anyways. Smile (I'll scene my next XY track with XY scenery just for you two. Wink)

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! 8D Glad to see you like it.
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 pm

[quote="IGLima"@MJ and Bubbles:
3. Since when was there a rule that said XY tracks had to be scened with XY scenery. :|
Thanks anyways. Smile (I'll scene my next XY track with XY scenery just for you two. Wink)

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! 8D Glad to see you like it.[/quote]

1. making it all XY is unique, cus its hard as shiz
2. its possible, u just need to make small lines
3. well, whats the point of scening an XY then? why cant you just scene a quirk? thats all im saying
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I just love how you gave this track a feeling as if bosh was a realy character in a game. Especially with that music, it's awesome dude! Very Happy

Great job I'd say, and good luck in ToC!

edit: @MJ, it's up to him how he plays around with line rider, not to you. Let him create whatever seems fun to him.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:45 pm

IGLima wrote:
@MJ and Bubbles:

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! 8D Glad to see you like it.
xy scenery cuz it's an xy track and it's badas$
it deserves way more coverage than what it's getting atm(wich is close to none)
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Georgio_jc wrote:I just love how you gave this track a feeling as if bosh was a realy character in a game. Especially with that music, it's awesome dude! Very Happy

Great job I'd say, and good luck in ToC!

edit: @MJ, it's up to him how he plays around with line rider, not to you. Let him create whatever seems fun to him.

i never commanded him to do anything...
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 am

It's too bad some of the scenery got cut off, I couldn't record much larger or the split wouldn't have worked, and it would have been hard to get the 2 recordings the exact same size. Particularly the crane was well done but the recording didn't pick most of it up Sad It was already pretty zoomed out.

I think removing the clouds worked fine. I didn't notice the loss :P

Also, the name makes a lot more sense with scenery 8D

Anyway, on to scenery critique:

Pros:
- The initial "holy crap a city" is a great moment, and really makes the track.
- Consistency/Cohesiveness/unity was great. Good job!
- You really drew the city well. great use of extrusion to create a 3-D effect, you really don't see that much in line rider. I also loved the shine on the windows!
- Detail verges on too much, but as it is it's just simple enough to still be cool :P
- Good job with the crane and the upwards part, and good idea with the whole "Level 2" thing.

Cons:
- theme got a little repetitive by the end - there wasn't really a lot of new and interesting/exciting stuff after the crane and the upwards bit.
- lots of "covering up" the track with the scenery - a lot of the time his movement didn't make a lot of sense in the context of the scenery. That's hard to do with an XY though :P
- ending was rather ho-hum, something epic would have been cooler :P

To sum it up, that was really awesome 8D
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:42 am

That was really good!
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Bubbles wrote:
xy scenery cuz it's an xy track and it's badas$
it deserves way more coverage than what it's getting atm(wich is close to none)

Classic bubbles ;D. I'm right with you bro.

Anyways, this was sweet. I've had an idea similar to this one. In regards of "XY but like a city scenerey" The way I envisioned it is a bit different though. Maybe it was just me, but yours seemed to have a lot of crates and such stacked up, and a good portion of it didn't look like skyscrapers/buildings but things just stacked up.

Nice scenery nonetheless.

Good luck in TOC3
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Tbh, I don't think XY scenery is necessary for an XY track.
It was a nice touch, what with the cubical buildings and stuff, but meh, one of the limitations of line rider is you can only do stuff from a 1-point perspective, most of the time isometric.

I'm not a huge expert on XY, so I can't give that much feedback on the track.
Absox
Absox

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:22 pm

that was really neat I've never seen an entire XY track scened like that.
Was a bit repetitive with all the buildings, would of been nice to see some more cranes or even a main ground part of the "city." Track was good IMO. Nothin bad nothin good. The up-jump part I thought was alright, I think you could of added something really cool for that bit to spice it up. The second level was pretty much the same as the first. This is where you could of definitely changed things up a bit like different style buildings or even just one giant building with all these floors and balconies and what not.

Overall I'd say it was really good I'll give it another watch or two

Edit: I just noticed at the VERY beginning you can slightly see some grass xD lol bad eye sight on me. Still think you could of showed a bit more of the ground though, ya know just to give it that sense of a "city" instead of just buildings.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down