WRTL Newsletter #17 - March 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WRTL Newsletter #17 - March 2016

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Hello Everyone! I was MIA a bit for the last 3 weeks or so due to gigs I picked up for my freelancing day job, but I should be around more in the coming weeks! We had an enormous amount of track releases this month!

March 2016

Site News
  • You may have heard that @Conundrumer's track, Ragdoll, went viral a couple weeks ago, accumulating over 400,000 views in a matter of days. This was the coolest part of the first Line Rider Track Jam, which was a smashing success. Read more about it below in the Engaged Riding section.
  • The Tournament of Legends is getting close to the end. Round 4 got us down to 16 videos, and now we're partway through Round 5, which will narrow us down to just 8 videos. There are only 2 videos to watch per poll now, so it's easy to participate!
  • New Featured Movie: The Gorge by OTDE & Cereal
  • @Lukking has succeeded in creating an infinitely repeating track!
  • Quick Reviews with OTDE & Rabid have now reviewed i squared, Improbability Dance, and Assault!
  • Unfortunately, @Sorvius deleted all of his Line Rider videos off YouTube, shortly followed by Shotoku/@Fauxfyre. Some of Sorvius's videos have been recovered and can be found here. Shotoku filed a copyright takedown notice, so his recovered videos are currently unavailable, but the videos were uploaded for archival purposes and therefore are a valid exemption from copyright law, so a counter-notification has been submitted. Most of his videos have been recovered, and they should be back up soon.

Track Releases
Engaged Riding
  • The first ever Track Jam was a huge success, with 10 entries and tons of buzz! Congratulations to @Conundrumer for winning with Ragdoll. Check out all the entries here.
  • @Sheldon is hosting this month's Contest of the Month, Impasse. Each level is progressively more difficult - get to the highest level you can!
Version Development
  • Line Rider: Advanced has officially launched into Beta! Added features include sub-frame iterations, night mode, and autosave.
  • Line Rider JavaScript has added a number of new features, including a reworked camera, video export, trk import, music sync, and saved duration.
Upcoming Stuff!

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: WRTL Newsletter #17 - March 2016

Post by rich on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Rabid, I want you to know; the reason that I came back to this website was because I loved reading these in my email every month. Thank you for your commitment to this community.
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:23 am

@rich wrote:Rabid, I want you to know; the reason that I came back to this website was because I loved reading these in my email every month. Thank you for your commitment to this community.
thanks man! that means a lot to me Smile

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top