We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Night Club - SCG

+6
rabid squirrel
FlagCapper
Chuggers
Opal Rider
ScrungleBlumpkus
SethComposerGuy
10 posters

Go down

The Night Club - SCG Empty The Night Club - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:00 am

Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXe78kXXnEs

trk file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/asvg3kna2dik065/nightclub.trk
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

The Night Club - SCG Empty Re: The Night Club - SCG

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:25 pm

finally
I wasn't impressed by the contact juggling at first because I felt it had no gimmick but this track more than redeemed itself
also can you stack or not because some parts of the track scream "maybe" and others scream "si senor"
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:34 pm

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on use of line thickness as aesthetic, but this track absolutely sells it to me. The high speed section made the design a little hard to follow, but everything had a funky feel to it that fit the idea behind the track nicely.

That being said, I'm worried about how many tracks we can release before he novelty of the concept wears off.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:16 pm

you are seriously my role model for fling quirk

i dont know how you make bosh float through the air so fluidly, i love it evertim

that star thing at the stall was also cool, we need some more white-space scenery
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Curious, do you have a special technique for drawing the filled in ovals or is it just freehand?

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:21 pm

^ LRA has 2x and 3x line widths (which I am opposed to, for the record). So they are basically dots with higher thickness lines.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Very nice use of nightmode and great flings. The contact juggling for the most part was hard to see and not a good addition IMO. But other than that, really enjoyable.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:43 pm

I guess this is a good first step towards integrating scenery and quirk
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Min3rl3g4nd Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Yes.
Min3rl3g4nd
Min3rl3g4nd

min3r moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:13 pm

I liked how it was subtle at first, and then built the dots up. This is an excellent use of the nightmode. Liked it a lot.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Dapianokid wrote:finally
I wasn't impressed by the contact juggling at first because I felt it had no gimmick but this track more than redeemed itself
also can you stack or not because some parts of the track scream "maybe" and others scream "si senor"

I'm not sure what you mean by the term contact juggling. As for stacking, you could say, I learned a lot on how to stack more effectively making this track. I still have no idea how you pulled off some of your pics in the wtf does lr thread though.

Opal Rider wrote:I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on use of line thickness as aesthetic, but this track absolutely sells it to me. The high speed section made the design a little hard to follow, but everything had a funky feel to it that fit the idea behind the track nicely.

That being said, I'm worried about how many tracks we can release before he novelty of the concept wears off.

Thanks. I can understand the mixed reviews on line thickness aesthetics as it depends on ho far people are willing to stray from the roots of linerider, of which line thickness does do a bit. Aka, that short scenery track (one of the tracks in the track jam competition I believe) that looks odd because we aren't used to seeing lines at .5 thickness in linerider.
Anyway, I'm glad you liked my use of the variable line thickness. However for now. I do feel as though it will be very challenging to make a big scenery track using the different line thickness with it not feeling tacky, though I would love to see someone at least close to as tallented as BHCS try to make something.
Chuggers wrote:you are seriously my role model for fling quirk

i dont know how you make bosh float through the air so fluidly, i love it evertim

that star thing at the stall was also cool, we need some more white-space scenery

Thanks

Sheldon wrote:Very nice use of nightmode and great flings. The contact juggling for the most part was hard to see and not a good addition IMO. But other than that, really enjoyable.

Thanks. Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by contact juggling.

Conundrumer wrote:I guess this is a good first step towards integrating scenery and quirk

Thanks, I suppose one idea that could come from this would be to add some simple repetitive scenery on either side of the quirk lines and leaving the quirk lines alone, separate from the scenery, so as not to hide the tricks that are being done.

shua wrote:I liked how it was subtle at first, and then built the dots up. This is an excellent use of the nightmode. Liked it a lot.

Thanks.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBIeaoubPA

quick review!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel