We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funspiration Preview - SCG

+15
Chuggers
Sheldon
crash2burn
roflmaoqwerty
Z_N-Freak
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
Summoning
SethComposerGuy
Rafael
rabid squirrel
ScrungleBlumpkus
GhostY
Getthim
RyderLR
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Funspiration Preview - SCG - Page 2 Empty Re: Funspiration Preview - SCG

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:44 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:Ok so the quirk section took a bit longer partly due to it being more technical and also due to being a bit more busy right now. However I can finally say that it's complete. Now it's on to the xy section which I would probably consider is my weakest style skill wise. Also, I finally have a good idea behind the technique of successfully doing uber stacks thanks to Kramwood's uber shoulder stack tutorial so I may have to mess around with that a bit.

His tutorial helped on chain stacks but not on 10 contact point super stacks.

Still, if you're stacking, HIIP
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Update, the xy part is complete (woo for inspiration Smile )  Also @Dap or anyone else who's able, Id be really be happy to hear any tips you may have when it comes to doing super stacks
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 pm

1. Find a good position to start with. You could analyse Sheldon's part in Limitations or CF2.
2. What I do is I start with the 'main g-well'. The most powerful is the nose or spidey/string. Stack it to the max.
3. Most important part of stacking: co-strengthening! You can go for a lot of contact points. I always start with foot, but hand is handy Hehe in some instances too. Stack the foot to the max and you can probably then make the main g-well stronger. Repeat.
4. If you want, you can add more contact points to make it even more powerful. In this case, shoulder and hand are your best options. 1st / 2nd peg will often screw up the stack, so I try to avoid them. Again, the main g-well(s) might have more potential for stacking after this step!

There you have your superstack. It's a lot of trial and error in the beginning. I'm not a pro in superstacking, so Chugs/Dap/Kram/Sheldon can probably help you further. Good luck! Smile
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:40 pm

I vote that your avatar is going to be the ending of the track. HYPE!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:I vote that your avatar is going to be the ending of the track. HYPE!

.... already put one of those in the track. xP

Helios Pavonine wrote:1. Find a good position to start with. You could analyse Sheldon's part in Limitations or CF2.
2. What I do is I start with the 'main g-well'. The most powerful is the nose or spidey/string. Stack it to the max.
3. Most important part of stacking: co-strengthening! You can go for a lot of contact points. I always start with foot, but hand is handy Hehe in some instances too. Stack the foot to the max and you can probably then make the main g-well stronger. Repeat.
4. If you want, you can add more contact points to make it even more powerful. In this case, shoulder and hand are your best options. 1st / 2nd peg will often screw up the stack, so I try to avoid them. Again, the main g-well(s) might have more potential for stacking after this step!

Thanks for the tips. I almost had one already using about 5 contact points and got him to survive the next frame and crashed the frame after. I eventually gave up on that one as I'm limited to 45 degree lines right now. I will however keep messing around with it if I get another opportunity.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:48 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:I vote that your avatar is going to be the ending of the track. HYPE!

.... already put one of those in the track. xP  

Helios Pavonine wrote:1. Find a good position to start with. You could analyse Sheldon's part in Limitations or CF2.

Thanks for the tips. I almost had one already using about 5 contact points and got him to survive the next frame and crashed the frame after. I eventually gave up on that one as I'm limited to 45 degree lines right now. I will however keep messing around with it if I get another opportunity.

There are four things I keep in mind when stacking above all the details:

Prestacks are important,
The "save line" is a thing you need to get,
Make sure you can stack all contact points befor eyou even attempt to super stack, and
The frame after is a story of its own.

I don't honestly put as much emphasis on the position bosh is in for stacking (unless it's a rotation based stack) because bosh tends to gel into a position which is easier to work with as you stack. You may find that lines which were crucial to the stack in the beginning don't even end up used in the final product.

There is essentially no limit to how far one can stack if you can get what I call the "save line:" Stack all 10 contact points to the fullest in whatever order you feel like (although I recommend getting the most obvious ones first depending on the situation, followed by whatever ones will even out his rotation. This is a very situation based thing, but you will often find it is best to stack the string/nose first and then the tail so that the two strongest wells in the foundation for the stack are wells which make his rotation easy to work with.) and once you have gotten it decently stacked, no matter how even you were, you should notice there is a contact point you have left out. That point will be absurdly difficult to stack but is the key to being able to basically start over again. You get that point stacked so he is close to a survive position, and then you can stack the rest of the poitns freely again until you have to save again. My biggest super stack, with a ppf accel of over 50, involved this process 6 times in succession. It took an hour and one of the save lines took about 20 minutes of that time.

The foot and the butt must be considered very carefully.

The shoudler is the most influential speedwise; The nose is usually the most influential well rotation-wise, but other wells can compete for this, with the hand sometimes not making a difference and other times being absurdly influential.

The hand is an easy point, don't go crazy with it at first or the other points will become stuck, requiring the hand to be pulled in the same way no matter what and very hard to stack stronger. So pull the hand and let it lead the body, but don't overdo it.

I tend to try to keep all of my lines in the same direction if I'm trying to change his speed or his direction of velocity. If it's rotation, you might see lines that appear to pull him apart in a way similar to the way one flips a coin to spin on a table.

XY is the easiest style to stack in.

Above all, keep evenness paramount in your stacking process. It very often will take quite some effort and time before you start seeing a subtantial result being produced, but my method allows for a proportional returun on investment: The only limit on how powerful your stack can be is how much work you're willing to put into it and what you're wanting it to do.

The two tail contact points aren't any more trouble to me than the rest, in contrast to HP's post.

This is a little bit of my insight on super stacks, hope it helps!

I find that super stacks are good for a certain style, but I actually find xy flings more helpful. This is nothing like super stacking.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks. That somewhat goes along the lines of what I was envisioning, so that will help. I'm thinking of messing around with it more, possibly in the alt quirk section, and also in a way to hopefully quickly launch bosh into the start of the high speed section.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Kramual cannons are your friend if it's a sudden drop. :3
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:58 pm

woah. guys. guys.  guys.    ummmm  gals.   woah. I just did a successful uber shoulder stack using only 45 degree lines and got him out of it without him crashing using only 45 degree lines. dude woah. um ya. I'm not excited much. no maybe I am a bit cause it looks really cool. so ya I'm really liking the 45 degree section in this track so far.
oh ya. I almost forgot the pic. here it is.

Spoiler:
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:24 pm

45 degree section is now complete.
Spoiler:

Now I'm going to do some xyz.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:00 pm

scg i love you

keep being based
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:59 am

The works of a linerider master
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:01 am

I love love love all 45 for shoulder or other point stacks. no need to worry about line angle issues getting in the way!`
Such excite
very hype
how close to done are you?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:07 am

is that 7000 lines?
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 am

Dapianokid wrote:I love love love all 45 for shoulder or other point stacks. no need to worry about line angle issues getting in the way!`
Such excite
very hype
how close to done are you?

I still have a good minute of track to go. However, the last 2 sections, I plan to make them high speed and will likely be very time consuming. I will also be taking a week and a half vacation from my job next week and won't be around to make any progress on the track during that time.

@ Sheldon, I'm at 3234 lines right now.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 am

ok since o rolling loops are a thing these days, this was my attempt at it.
Funspiration Preview - SCG - Page 2 0roll%20loop
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:16 am

vacay = no lr on what planet

Good luck. nice zerotation loop!
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Ok, I've completed the xyz section. Originally I was originally planning to do an alt quirk section, but I'm thinking it might be more fun to do a recycling manu quirk in order to better build intensity for the last 2 sections in high speed. Right now I'm at 2:38 of the planned 3:58 in track length. yes I'm daring to recycle flings 3 minutes in to a track.

sry I'm not planning to post any more track screenshots. possibly a short video preview when I have 30 seconds to go.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Holy moly recycle flings is the most ridic thing you could think of to do this late into a track. If you pull it off even decently, you gmv for legend.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm going to be taking a week or so break from this as I'm going on a road trip with a friend and won't be back until the 22'nd or 23rd.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:17 pm

oh road trip, have fun you lucky ... :P
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:04 pm

back and made some more progress. I'm not yet finished with the next section though I already succeeded in some really cool looking recycled flings. Smile
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 pm

I finally decided to create a video preview as I only have about 30 seconds to go now.

Last edited by SethComposerGuy on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:26 pm

I can actually fully appreciate that track from that video. Now look what you've done.

lel noice
I've been waiting for a long time for another update!!
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:28 pm

I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends