We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRTL Newsletter #4 - October 2014

+2
Opal Rider
Getthim
6 posters

Go down

WRTL Newsletter #4 - October 2014 Empty WRTL Newsletter #4 - October 2014

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 am

Hey everyone! Things have been a little quiet since the end of summer as we all get busier with school and work and such. This newsletter will cover since the last newsletter, which was "August" but was actually halfway through September. So it all works out.

October 2014

Site News
  • Featured Movies: A new video was featured in late September, This is Love by gaoyubao. It was actually voted on before the featured movies catchup but we waited until they were all voted on before it was featured. It was released in July.
  • We would like to bid a fond farewell to Purtle, our longtime member, elite, and staff member. Not that he's never coming back or anything, but he has retired from his moderator position.
  • We are continuing to work on finding good alternative streaming programs to Procaster for people who struggle with lag (which is probably most of us) - We are working on refining tutorials for streaming using OBS, and good streaming options for Windows XP (which OBS does not work on). Stay tuned for a comprehensive tutorial on streaming options and alternatives integrated into the Livestream Master Thread.
Track Releases
  • Comet Storm (Unfinished) by shotoku - At 1:30 in length, this could almost be a full track. A fantastic manuquirk by shotoku with incredible style versatility and trick variation to keep your attention. If you remember Angel, you won't be surprised that when these 90 seconds are over you will feel hungry for more and be bummed that it is unfinished.
  • Untitled by Kramwood - A "boredom track" by Kramwood, which is of course a better quirk than most of us could dream of ever making. (Kramwood also released a garbage collection)
  • Slave to the Rhythm by ryderofthelines - Easily ryder's best track to date. An impressively versatile and lengthy omnitrack featuring excellent XY, great smooth manuals and integration, a dash of various quirk styles, and even some highspeed action. Worth a watch.
  • The Devil's Work by The WCC - An LCC project revived as a WCC project with some intense "filthy" quirking. Full of messy stacks, sloppy but powerful flings, weird stuff from all over the map, and lots of fun. Plus a song that will probably make you cringe and die a little inside.
  • Do What You Love by Opal Rider - Not only is this the smoothest manual track you have seen in months, Opal has filled it with enough great little nugget moments that I guarantee you will not catch them all the first time through. Watch this one twice.
  • Walk in the Park by shotoku - A fun-filled funky flowy stop'n'go quirk by shotoku that I guarantee you will enjoy. Made for the Synchronized Battle Royale.
  • The High Ropes by Synthega - A 20k+ line scenery track, released by a relatively new guy, featuring some great line art of planes and castles and more. Check it out!
  • Crossed the Line by DaPianoKid - DaPianoKid continues to improve his quirking with a noteworthy sophomore quirk release!
  • OTDE released a garbage collection of tracks that he may or may not continue
Engaged Riding
  • The Repeating Track, Different Scenery Project needs your scenery! We have four parts by two people so far and efraz has extended the deadline an undetermined amount. I totally encourage you all to enter. I totally encourage entries for the the lulz. efrazable came up with an awesome idea, let's not let it go to waste. Let's make this something cool and fun that can represent WRTL and make us proud of our community!
  • The Beta Decline Contest, run by ryderofthelines, is open and in need of entries, which tentatively close at the end of the month. Create a track without adding or moving any lines - only deletion and changing line type are allowed. I tried my hand at an entry and found it was surprisingly fun (a lot more than I thought it would be) - so I encourage you to enter. I made mine in 2-3 days so it shouldn't take you long to enter. (this version of the contest is made possible by kevansevans's line swap tool in his version 3.4.X of Line Rider)
  • The Community Scenery Projects are struggling to find enough sceners! If you have any interest in scening, even if you don't think you're very good, we want you to come and try your hand! Silent Flame is teetering on the brink of completion and Opal is the man on that task (he has one more solitary firework to draw...), but Phunky is around about the halfway mark and moving very slowly, mostly due to lack of interested sceners. If you want to try scening there has never been a better opportunity! (And even if you have already made a part ...or five... we want you to make more! Very Happy)
  • Our third community scenery project, Clarifaction, presents another exciting opportunity - the legendary scener Commandercoke has sketched out a monument, but I am in need of someone else to smooth it out, add detail, and overall make it look finished. This could be an amazing opportunity for you to literally trace in the footsteps of a master scener and I am sure you will learn more than a few things!
  • We have two naked-track WCC music syncing projects in need of some help. Oxygen needs some smooth mid-speed manual-heavy manuquirk for the next 8 seconds, and Blackheart needs about 17 seconds of broad/somewhat-fast simple-fling-based manuquirk. You don't have to make all 8 or all 17 seconds - you're free to just make a couple seconds and then hand it off to the next person. But we need trackmakers to make stuff! Oxygen is a big project that is fairly close to completion, and Blackheart is an even bigger project that isn't anywhere near completion but will be totally epic once finished - a project you will be proud to have been a part of.
  • We have another project that needs some forest-y scening. The first half has been scened beautifully by Wolf_Spirit and Getthim, and we have an awesome ending monument by Commandercoke, but we still need help scening the remaining 50% of the track. This is going to be an awesome release and I encourage you to try your hand at contributing!
  • Shotoku's Editing Service continues to boom with business - a huge chunk of the tracks released these days have been recorded and/or edited by shotoku. Rock on buddy!
  • The Synchronized Battle Royale is underway and the tracks are cooking, stay tuned for voting, tentatively next month. It's probably not too late to enter if you like cramming your trackmaking into a short period of time :P (shotoku already finished his and broke his own rules by releasing it right away. bad shotoku! bad!)
  • The Experiment Collab and the Tales of Twenty are still going, so feel free to toss in your line rider experimentation and your 20 lines, respectively.
  • Evolution of Line Rider Scened is on the back burner for now, but it is still there if anyone wants to take a crack at continuing GhostY's scenery. Don't be intimidated!
Version Development
  • Yet more awesome features have been added to Kevansevans's 3.4.X, which you really should check out if you don't have it by now. I think I can safely say that it has become the definitive version of Line Rider. (I have also stickied the thread) The (almost) latest and greatest addition to this build is a full feature list in the OP! Check it out and you’ll probably find a feature you didn’t know was there - I sure did.
  • Kevansevans has released Line Rider Loom Alpha 1.2, featuring scenery lines and... other stuff... (I still need to actually try it out, heh)
  • Shotoku has been given permission to work on the source code for Line Rider Unleashed, so he has stopped work on LRMM in favor of work on that version. Read more here.
Upcoming Stuff!

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

WRTL Newsletter #4 - October 2014 Empty Re: WRTL Newsletter #4 - October 2014

Post by Getthim Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:11 am

there is a 'tit' in the beta decline bit, but cool man. (please don't kill a puppy)
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks, and fixed. And I'm just threatening opal.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:29 am

rabid squirrel wrote:If you remember Angel, you won't be surprised that when these 90 seconds are over you will feel hungry for more and be bummed that it is unfinished.
Sorry Sad

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 am

I believe xsplit works for Windows XP.

Also OBS multiplatform works for windows 7+, mac osx, and linux.

There is also FFSplit
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:11 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Thanks, and fixed. And I'm just threatening opal.
it shouldn't take that long. All the puppies are safe.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:52 am

TheRevTastic wrote:I believe xsplit works for Windows XP.

There is also FFSplit
go read the thread, this has all already been discovered
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:57 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:I believe xsplit works for Windows XP.

There is also FFSplit
go read the thread, this has all already been discovered

Even though I went there that was one too many clicks for my poor fingers.

Edit: Btw, have you guys ever thought about switching over to Twitch? Linerider is considered gaming and the only thing you wouldn't be able to have is the playlist that plays when someone isn't streaming. Plus you can have higher quality streams because Twitch's max bitrate is capped at 3500.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:13 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe possible big news soon concerning WRTL and Line Rider that only I know about Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe Hehe

I demand to know >.>

TheRevTastic wrote:have you guys ever thought about switching over to Twitch?

The issue with twitch is that it isn't easy to actually keep track of those with permissions to stream. Every time a member would lose their privileges, that means the admin would have to resend new streaming keys to everyone, which is a lot more work than simply removing a name from a list.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:52 am

[senpai] kevans wrote:

The issue with twitch is that it isn't easy to actually keep track of those with permissions to stream. Every time a member would lose their privileges, that means the admin would have to resend new streaming keys to everyone, which is a lot more work than simply removing a name from a list.

Ah true true true
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 am

TheRevTastic wrote:
[senpai] kevans wrote:

Ah true true true
Plus we would have absolutely no control of who gave out stream keys to whoever else

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:18 pm

I am wondering how many times we will have to explain that xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:36 am

Shotoku wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
[senpai] kevans wrote:

Ah true true true
Plus we would have absolutely no control of who gave out stream keys to whoever else

Hmm maybe they'll make it easier in the future like just typing their username into the dashboard area or something.

rabid squirrel wrote:I am wondering how many times we will have to explain that xD

Seeing as I last visited this site almost 2 months ago due to moving and not really reading the live stream threads (as I don't watch it and rarely ever use the chat) I didn't know. Plus am lazy, rekt.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:05 pm

^ no worries. It seems like the #1 thing people say about the livestream is "have you tried [insert other service with stream key here]"
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down