We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

+14
OTDE
LineMagiX
Rafael
Yobanjojoe
Helios Pavonine
SethComposerGuy
rabid squirrel
GhostY
Getthim
[senpai] kevans
RyderLR
efrazable
Chuggers
Wolf_Spirit
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project. Empty Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:57 am

SO, I'm opening this up to the entire community. However, be aware that I will still settle for nothing less than something awesome, so I may do a lot of rejecting. THAT SAID, I want everyone to take a stab at this. Even if we don't use your scenery, screenshots you post might lead someone else to be inspired to make something that we do use.

Here's what we have done so far:

1. Beginning - none
2. Pencil - none
3. Flatsled - Basic mountain/cave (click here) - rabid squirrel DONE
4. Manuals - More detailed cave + tech stuff (click here) - rabid squirrel DONE
5. Speedy Manuals - Tech scenery (click here) - rabid squirrel DONE
6. Old-school quirk - Anomaly-style scenery (click here) - Cereal DONE
7. XY - XY scenery - rabid squirrel & Commandercoke DONE
8. Fling Quirk - LRG stuff - Commandercoke DONE
9. Alt/Prog quirk - Abstract stuff - GhostY DONE
10. Modern Quirk - more "clean" abstract stuff - Open
11. Future Quirk - frame based scenery? - ?????
12. Gigaquirk - crazy animation? - ?????

Secondary To-do List:
1. Make gigaquirk ending (upwards? should it even be gigaquirk?)
2. Make Beta 2 hack that looks like Beta 1 in playback to record #1
3. Expand #8 & #9 above to be 16:9 aspect ratio by reframing and adding scenery
4. Create finalized recording with all versions, aspect ratios and shifts, resolutions, and zooming up through #9
5. Make scenery for #10 - #12 above ^
6. Record and add #10 - #12

Most recent track file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88470717/WCC/EoLRS%20final%20setup%20for%20end.savedLines.sol
(with Anton's new "suspension" before the ending)

Original OP:
Spoiler:

A Note About Patreon:
I will be asking my patrons for money for this project (currently about $30 total) once it is finished. This support helps keep me motivated and make the project happen. I also plan to post the final product on my Patreon a couple days before I post it publicly, as a thank you to those supporting as well as a way to let them give me the first responses. If you want more details, click on the link in my signature.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project. Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:05 am

I'm taking this for the two weeks I go on holiday, I'll have no internet, so I can only put up updates when I find some!
Wish me luck ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project. Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Great!

I encourage others who might want to try out a sketch of an idea to go for it, but since wolf is doing stuff too, no need to spend a huge amount of work.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:24 am

maybe art college will inspire me to do more things, i soooo want to see this thing finished!!

edit: downloaded .sol, my god its been a while since i've gone to my localhost folder but i still remember the exact path like nothing haha currently thinking of ideas Smile
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:23 am

ok heres what i have so far, tell me what ya'll think!

https://imgur.com/jqWnN9N

its kind of like a transitional section if anything, i'm starting to introduce black and white contrasts to possible set up a more clean version of my style. Possibly using basic shapes to create cool 3D visual effects or just a very abstract shape thing lol
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:32 am

the rocks could use a little more work imo, but everything else is fantasic
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 am

That..... actually looks amazing.

You should connect it to your previous part, there's no issue with scening into that part and the space is awkward. And I think we should get the scenery to go off the edge on the top at least in some places. But I love how this is a major change but blends seamlessly. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait until wolf returns or just tell you to keep going. This style should work great for at least a while further into the modern quirk. I love the arrows, the clean pipe things in the background, and the separation between when he rides on and what he is riding in front of.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:12 am

Scaena-esque for modern quirk would be the best thing evaar.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:10 am

Yo, I have a bit of wi-fi and I've been working on it too, haha! If you wanna keep that section, it's all cool, but I have a clear vision of what I want to do for the whole thing.
I don't know what to suggest and I won't get wi-fi for a while now, but I don't mind having ghosty's section there and carrying on after. I could even do a later bit and when I'm back connect the two together.
Okay, I'll start from the bit where to framing starts to overlap, like a few seconds after ghosty's bit.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:Yo, I have a bit of wi-fi and I've been working on it too, haha! If you wanna keep that section, it's all cool, but I have a clear vision of what I want to do for the whole thing.
I don't know what to suggest and I won't get wi-fi for a while now, but I don't mind having ghosty's section there and carrying on after. I could even do a later bit and when I'm back connect the two together.
Okay, I'll start from the bit where to framing starts to overlap, like a few seconds after ghosty's bit.
1) wait wait wait you have to scene this in order from one end to the other or else splitting will be a nightmare. actually the whole modern/future quirk section is going to be tricky because it loops back over itself. But don't skip ahead and leave white space!

2) you can't just say "I have a vision for the whole thing" and not elaborate. You don't want to scene the whole thing and then have me/us not like it.

argh this is frustrating having you finally working on this when you don't have internet.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:33 am

Well I did say I was going to work on it these two weeks, it just got confusing when ghosters did a part. Not saying anything against it though, it looks awesome!
1) I'm not skipping, I started again at that alt fling where the framing starts to merge.
2) Rabid, you're saying that as if you don't trust my artistic skills:p
Just let ghosty work on it until I get back then I'll take it from there.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:Just let ghosty work on it until I get back then I'll take it from there.
sounds good, ghosty you up for this?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:52 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Wolf_Spirit wrote:Just let ghosty work on it until I get back then I'll take it from there.
sounds good, ghosty you up for this?

sure Smile
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 am

Good luck Ghosty! It's looking amazing so far brah:D
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:48 pm

thanks wolf Smile

i know this isn't a major update but i like to just post what i've accomplished just so i don't get ahead of myself and people don't like what i've done haha

https://imgur.com/odVmJfx
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 am

don't make it too detailed. that bit you added looks pretty compact and it will go by so fast it won't look as good as the stuff to the left.

Did you connect the parts with scenery? the alt quirk and the start of the modern? there was a gap in the last screenshot you posted and it's off the screen in that one.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:10 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:don't make it too detailed. that bit you added looks pretty compact and it will go by so fast it won't look as good as the stuff to the left.

Did you connect the parts with scenery? the alt quirk and the start of the modern? there was a gap in the last screenshot you posted and it's off the screen in that one.

yep i connected it! and yes i'll make it much less detailed, i just got back from camping so i'll get going on it tonight or tomorrow Smile
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:43 pm

sweeeeeeeeeet keep me updated
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 am

Oh yeah, when you don't feel like doing any more pass it over to me:p
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:39 am

honestly i don't really feel like doing much more if you'd like to take over now!

https://www.mediafire.com/?noi73n76h7s7hh6
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:10 am

My artistic juices are flownin', I got this

Edit: I don't got this.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:34 am

okay, wolf when are you back around? let me know when you take the .sol
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Gonna do that thing you gave me first, then I'll take this ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Do you guys mind if I do the last bit of it? The one vertical alt-fling finale? This is me being silly, but I think a good nod towards "to the future" could be the code from the original 6.2, or from beta 1, of the pencil function drawn/written out, implying that the future always has room for improvement and will be always improved as long as we keep working towards it.

also I want my name in something for once
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:Gonna do that thing you gave me first, then I'll take this ^^
sweet. post updates on that in the CSP thread though.

[senpai] kevans wrote:Do you guys mind if I do the last bit of it? The one vertical alt-fling finale? This is me being silly, but I think a good nod towards "to the future" could be the code from the original 6.2, or from beta 1, of the pencil function drawn/written out, implying that the future always has room for improvement and will be always improved as long as we keep working towards it.

also I want my name in something for once
I'm not sure I totally understand this, but are you saying write some sort of code on the track? That sounds pretty meta-conceptual to me and pretty far removed from anything involving scenery or environments or trackmaking or line rider history. Plus we are not even close to the end here.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next