We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Confession Thread

+52
JealousCloud
Morgan
rich
austin4evr
FlagCapper
Noname219
Kohuda
shammies
Rie
SPL4SHZ0N3
Lankher
BenWubbleyou
Votale
pure5152
Sheldon
GhostY
iPi
Ph0enix
Conundrumer
Wizzy
Blesshiscottonsocks
weebit
Rafael
Apple
Pawel3
anton
crash2burn
Wolf_Spirit
Z_N-Freak
Mikeee7787
roflmaoqwerty
hypothet
theacp127
Commandercoke
mmtunligit
gaoyubao
WTB
OTDE
Getthim
Chuggers
ScrungleBlumpkus
efrazable
[senpai] kevans
SethComposerGuy
RyderLR
rabid squirrel
Fauxfyre
Yobanjojoe
Opal Rider
Lukking
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
56 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Line Rider Confession Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by rich Sun May 08, 2016 1:59 am

rabid squirrel wrote:I've lost my faith in this site ever becoming a community of understanding and supportive people
I think that a community is build on non-supportive, and supportive people, but understanding people can fall on both ends of the spectrum. When you start an open community, which this is, you invite everyone to participate. Popular view may not always support you and you may not always support popular view, or the other way around. I think that this community is fine, well, more than fine. A community falls because of lack of communication; a community does not fail due to miscommunication. Sometimes it just takes a little (to do either). I'm sorry you feel this way. If you want to talk about it please send me a pm or an email. I appreciate you rabid.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mmtunligit Sun May 08, 2016 8:27 am

rich wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:I've lost my faith in this site ever becoming a community of understanding and supportive people
I think that a community is build on non-supportive, and supportive people, but understanding people can fall on both ends of the spectrum. When you start an open community, which this is, you invite everyone to participate. Popular view may not always support you and you may not always support popular view, or the other way around. I think that this community is fine, well, more than fine. A community falls because of lack of communication; a community does not fail due to miscommunication. Sometimes it just takes a little (to do either). I'm sorry you feel this way. If you want to talk about it please send me a pm or an email. I appreciate you rabid.

I also feel this way, I really don't want this community to fail
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sat May 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Creating very tight superstacks is extremely satisfying to me.
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue May 17, 2016 11:12 am

I get off on making gigaquirk
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue May 24, 2016 3:03 am

I'm not impressed by insane quirk because I unconciously consider the use of iterations cheating
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Tue May 31, 2016 6:33 pm

I am terrible at this. But Ive always came back and half made tracks because of the relations and conversations that have been made here.

Another confession: I was always pissed I was never a part of the novice clan I believe HP ran? But I am so freaking bad at everything that I totally know why, even then I did, but I was a teenager and was always angry about it for no reason. Sorry HP (or whoever actually tried to make that clan).
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm

There's only one way to get better. Wink I released something around 30 tracks on an old channel before I really started improving at the game. Don't worry about all of these two track wonders popping up out of nowhere, they're less common than you would expect.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Tue May 31, 2016 9:07 pm

True. I'm just now getting good at the game and I started back in 2012. It takes time and dedication. It's a like combining art and speed running video games. It takes technical skill and an understanding of the artistic side of presenting the track. Neither one of these things are easy to learn.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 am

I'm learning a few things on my own. I am happy with how I progressed since my last upload.... Over five years ago.... My goal right now is to finish my really rough return track, if thats what you would call it..., and then maybe, maybe, maybe do a four or five minute track that I put maximum effort in to.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:34 pm

MORGANg wrote: Maybe do a four or five minute track that I put maximum effort in to.
I don't want to distract from what this thread is supposed to be about, but I do want to mention that at the beginning it's not good to do a really long track. You'll progress pretty quickly at first so you'll improve faster than you can release tracks. If you stick with a really big project at the beginning you'll slow your improvement down by not trying a lot of different things. Plus you'll run out of cool ideas for the track and it'll get less exciting as it goes on. It's best to stick to tracks around 1 to 2 minutes long max for a while.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:26 pm

MORGANg wrote:Another confession: I was always pissed I was never a part of the novice clan I believe HP ran? But I am so freaking bad at everything that I totally know why, even then I did, but I was a teenager and was always angry about it for no reason. Sorry HP (or whoever actually tried to make that clan).
Oh yeah, Novicity. I indeed ran it. I don't remember much about it sadly.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:
MORGANg wrote:Another confession: I was always pissed I was never a part of the novice clan I believe HP ran? But I am so freaking bad at everything that I totally know why, even then I did, but I was a teenager and was always angry about it for no reason. Sorry HP (or whoever actually tried to make that clan).
Oh yeah, Novicity. I indeed ran it. I don't remember much about it sadly.

I dont think anything really happened to it, because I think your track making got so much better at you proposed the idea that it would have be holding you back.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:20 am

lrjs came out shortly after lra.
I now regret lra because of lrjs. It runs in a browser so it's more accessible, especially to newer people, and now has implemented most of the features mine has or had planned. It's definitely slowed my work.

I know I'd be missed if I left, or stopped LRA. Conun just promotes lrjs harder. He posts about it a lot, and I just don't. There are a couple people who really prefer LRA. But if I never came back lrjs would have sufficed.

Nowadays it feels like I "have to beat" conundrumer and I hate that, and I mean that in regards to his tracks too. But he's just too smart for me.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:51 pm

JealousCloud wrote:\There are a couple people who really prefer LRA.
Very true. I personally only use LRA. The whole thing is a lot more customize-able and allows for more in depth play. If you recall you named it Line Rider Advanced, meaning it caters to a more advanced audience. LRJS is much easier for casual players, but LRA is more useful to advanced players. Don't feel like your creation is inferior, but know that it caters to a different audience because of what it can do.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

theacp127 wrote:
JealousCloud wrote:\There are a couple people who really prefer LRA.
Very true. I personally only use LRA. The whole thing is a lot more customize-able and allows for more in depth play. If you recall you named it Line Rider Advanced, meaning it caters to a more advanced audience. LRJS is much easier for casual players, but LRA is more useful to advanced players. Don't feel like your creation is inferior, but know that it caters to a different audience because of what it can do.
I highly agree, and I would actually use LRA if my life allowed me the time for it, but right now the casual form of gaming is all I have time for. I would love for lrjs to have more features that LRA has, such as the measure for well effect. Your program is incredibly nice.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:36 am

Line Rider Confession Thread - Page 12 15a44v
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:36 am

^ winning!
I want that playlist :|
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:38 am

Rafael wrote:^ winning!
I doanloaded all of them and made a playlist in my mediaplayer. i can send you the songs though if you wish ^^
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Lukking wrote:
I doanloaded all of them and made a playlist in my mediaplayer. i can send you the songs though if you wish ^^

This interests me.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm still waiting for the return of Team Perfect Curve.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 pm

rich wrote:I'm still waiting for the return of Team Perfect Curve.
I only know what you're talking about because of the archive I'm working on. I'd love to know more about TPC's history, I don't really know anything that isn't contained in their youtube channel.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:25 am

Lukking wrote:
Perfeft! Can you zip it and put in on Wetransfer?
rich wrote:I'm still waiting for the return of Team Perfect Curve.
What is this and why have I never heard of it
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamPerfectCurve/videos
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:23 pm

When I got back into Line Rider, I wanted to change my avatar. Just changed it to Pachirisu for no reason. Thought it was cute. But I want a cool one and I have no idea what image I'd want defining my online personality. I've been thinking about it for like a year, and I can't find anything that I feel really describes me.

Also, it took me so long to realize that a lot of you guys have your name in your avatar. Like Conun and Opals newer one. No idea until like last month. Same with sheldons old one, and I think there's s few more than that. I suspect OTDE has one now somehow... Not sure.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Apple wrote:When I got back into Line Rider, I wanted to change my avatar. Just changed it to Pachirisu for no reason. Thought it was cute. But I want a cool one and I have no idea what image I'd want defining my online personality. I've been thinking about it for like a year, and I can't find anything that I feel really describes me.

Also, it took me so long to realize that a lot of you guys have your name in your avatar. Like Conun and Opals newer one. No idea until like last month. Same with sheldons old one, and I think there's s few more than that. I suspect OTDE has one now somehow... Not sure.

honestly pachirisu is a great avatar and pokemon and i'd be a little sad if you changed it
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next