We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Confession Thread

+52
JealousCloud
Morgan
rich
austin4evr
FlagCapper
Noname219
Kohuda
shammies
Rie
SPL4SHZ0N3
Lankher
BenWubbleyou
Votale
pure5152
Sheldon
GhostY
iPi
Ph0enix
Conundrumer
Wizzy
Blesshiscottonsocks
weebit
Rafael
Apple
Pawel3
anton
crash2burn
Wolf_Spirit
Z_N-Freak
Mikeee7787
roflmaoqwerty
hypothet
theacp127
Commandercoke
mmtunligit
gaoyubao
WTB
OTDE
Getthim
Chuggers
ScrungleBlumpkus
efrazable
[senpai] kevans
SethComposerGuy
RyderLR
rabid squirrel
Fauxfyre
Yobanjojoe
Opal Rider
Lukking
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
56 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Line Rider Confession Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Apple wrote:When I got back into Line Rider, I wanted to change my avatar. Just changed it to Pachirisu for no reason. Thought it was cute. But I want a cool one and I have no idea what image I'd want defining my online personality. I've been thinking about it for like a year, and I can't find anything that I feel really describes me.

Also, it took me so long to realize that a lot of you guys have your name in your avatar. Like Conun and Opals newer one. No idea until like last month. Same with sheldons old one, and I think there's s few more than that. I suspect OTDE has one now somehow... Not sure.
Had exactly the same with Mudkip, lol.
I liek mudkipz
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 am

I find it worrying that I am afraid to make tracks, after all these years of doing so.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 am

I feel like that fear is healthy and normal for any player
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:18 pm

It's not. Anxiety about critical reception is normal. Fear isn't.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Fear is a healthy manifestation of our misgivings and inhibitions related to a specific behavior, critical reception was never something that I feel held you back.

Where do you think the fear stems from?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Fear, I really haven't felt so much.. I've just been too preoccupied/lazy.. Neutral              I do have something planned for the near future however.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:30 pm

I feel like the standard for a "good" track has gone significantly downhill. And what people used to make compared to a couple years ago were far more creative and imaginitive.

This is just my opinion of course, i just want to get my thoughts out there in case anyone may be thinking the same thing (which i doubt, and i suspect it could just be me).

If you dont agree, thats fine, i hate to be negative but its important im being honest. Also, im not saying any persons work in particular.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Wizzy wrote:
i just want to get my thoughts out there in case anyone may be thinking the same thing
I'm starting to realize this as well, it may be because there is already so much out there.

There's hardly any -new- things we see in tracks these days. I was surprised to see the singularity wormholes in HAM, because they are something that hasn't been seen before, but even those had been postulated before. We are nearing a time where we have executed most concepts possible in LR, and it'll be interesting to see what happens next.

maybe lr has been a metaphor for life this whole time
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:09 pm

I think we're hitting the limit of conceptual stuff that can be done -using quirk-. There's so much we haven't touched conceptually because we're treating it like a game and not a tool for art. Everyone's been predominantly doing manuquirk for -years-, so of course everything is gonna start feeling similar—we've been making the same stuff constantly.

Instead of moping and saying "aw, we've all run out of ideas," be the change. Show everyone you're willing to take risks. Break conventions. No one else is going to do it for us.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:19 pm

OTDE wrote:I think we're hitting the limit of conceptual stuff that can be done -using quirk-. There's so much we haven't touched conceptually because we're treating it like a game and not a tool for art. Everyone's been predominantly doing manuquirk for -years-, so of course everything is gonna start feeling similar—we've been making the same stuff constantly.

Instead of moping and saying "aw, we've all run out of ideas," be the change. Show everyone you're willing to take risks. Break conventions. No one else is going to do it for us.

The thing is is that's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just find different things creative than anyone else here.

It's subjective more than anything.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 pm

We agree! I'm not arguing against you here—we need to branch out, and you and I are in agreement on definitions of creativity. I'm responding to "we have executed most concepts in Line Rider"
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm afraid to post on this site
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Conundrumer wrote:i feel like we're collectively living under a rock
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t10887-the-values-of-the-track-maker-or-artists-in-general
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11785-line-rider-confession-the-kid-on-the-sled
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11636-are-you-involved-with-art-outside-of-line-rider

A big reason I'm pushing so hard to rebuild a user base is to foster a diversity of approaches to Line Rider. There is so much more.

When I share Line Rider tracks with friends, I don't recommend most of the community picks.

I already have some completely new ideas, but it has no meaning without execution (see: "make line rider dance" -> ragdoll).
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Agree. Currently in the execution stage.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 pm

I want to get back into making tracks but it seems the standards for what makes a track "good" surpassed anything I could do long ago. Too much perfection involved, too much time consumed.

I also feel like I started off with LR too young. Not knowing how to be properly respectful and social at the same time kept me feeling isolated from the community. Neutral
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

https://www.youtube.com/user/StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:32 am

StingDaFling wrote:I also feel like I started off with LR too young. Not knowing how to be properly respectful and social at the same time kept me feeling isolated from the community. Neutral

I feel you there. I felt isolated for a very long time. I think part of it is I don't think I've actually told anyone here about myself so I know for a fact that nobody here really knows me. But I would always be up for getting to know other members of the community. If you ever want a new internet pal, hit me up PM or skype. Or anything really.

Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:37 am

I havent uploaded a track in 7 years and dont think I ever will again.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:47 pm

- offsled has 2x the possibilities off onsled, and more (seriously, offsled is half if the game and theres been like 5 offsled tracks ever)

- the only way to get "better" is to not care what people think about your tracks

- tracks need to be more bosh-centric

- tracks would have a lot more variety if we expanded our musical horizon

all imo of course
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:59 pm

I stuck with the line rider community for a long time less because I enjoyed making things and more because I felt a self-imposed debt of sorts hung on me that I felt was necessary to pay back to the community, after getting me through my roughest years in middle school. It wasn't until a friend reminded me that most of the people who I was really good friends with back then have left anyway, and that the people I would "paying" the debt to wouldn't know or care, that I began to focus on what I remembered loving about those times back then.

For me, it was that I was surrounded with people who wanted to help me get better, and wanted to interact with me not just as a trackmaker, but as a friend.

Now I'm in a place where I enjoy trackmaking more than I ever have, and I think that's a better reason to be here than any obligation I might have previously felt.

<3
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:41 am

StingDaFling wrote:I want to get back into making tracks but it seems the standards for what makes a track "good" surpassed anything I could do long ago. Too much perfection involved, too much time consumed.

I also feel like I started off with LR too young. Not knowing how to be properly respectful and social at the same time kept me feeling isolated from the community. Neutral
I am sad I missed this post.. Miss you buddy, you were one of my first friends online from line rider. If you ever come back, hit me up dude. I also felt like I started too young, and made some dumb youthful decisions in the process. But then again, I have made some horrid decisions recently... :/
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by shiny Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 pm

I think I like linerider because I'm no good at dancing
shiny
shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:57 pm

It has always bothered me whenever someone decides to delete their track videos in an act of anger and resentment, that the first thing they are met is the community just putting their works back up. I'm not talking for the sake of archival purposes (that's entirely different), but re-uploading their videos to a location they no longer have control over, and without explicit permissions. To me this is a major slap in the face to whomever the creator was, as it's disrespecting them as an artist. It completely objectifies the person, boiling down who they were as a person, into a chunk of data. This shows that the people who have gone and done this act of "preservation" doesn't actually care about the artist, and that feels terrible knowing that all you're worth to someone else is the tracks you made, and these serve nothing more as painful reminders of something you now hate, feel ashamed of, embarrassed, and or enraged that you used to be a part of. To emphasize more that it's a lack of care for the artist, a number of people from this community could destroy all of their works, and not everyone would see the community clambering to preserve their "art". I'm pretty confident if I put all my tracks on private no one would notice. In fact I already have a few tracks on private that I released, and no one has ever brought them up to me before. Restoring these videos against someone's will is not an okay thing to do.

This has nothing to do with recent events, but it reminded me.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 am

shiny wrote:I think I like linerider because I'm no good at dancing
I feel this
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:25 pm

shiny wrote:I think I like linerider because I'm no good at dancing
shiny you are damn good at lr too I just saw the interrobang collab well done.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:00 pm

I'd like to point out that learning to use a version with more features is not a commitment to making more technical tracks. It just makes it easier to make track in general.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next