Post by Conundrumer on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:07 am

i feel like makign line rider tracks is nto a good use of my time

Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Z_N-Freak on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 am

@Conundrumer wrote:i feel like makign line rider tracks is nto a good use of my time

I've thought this too, but then it quickly seems like such an arbitrary question. The more profound and ominous question:

What is a good use of (your) time, and why?

Yesterday I saw "The Little Prince" and it once again made me think about this question. What is worth living for, what do I went to spend my time on doing, what gives my life meaning?

The answer I typically think of: "I'm not sure, so let's just have some fun while I'm here!" (which means spending time with my girlfri... eh... I mean my fiancee! Very Happy playing (video)games, cooking & eating, as well as doing some other necessary stuff to make it seem like my life is awesome to other people so they won't bother me with annoying questions.)

This just made me think. There is so much potential in the human race as a whole, what if we would all work together on some common goals. I think theoretically (without all the war and frictions in today's world) we could've already been expanding throughout our Solar System and onward, if we really wanted to. It makes me sad and demotivates me to see so much greed and suffering and I use it as an excuse to be lazy and just have fun myself. And at the same time, maybe it's not an excuse, because maybe it's not really a good thing for us to be expanding into the universe...

Life is so complicated...

[/rambles on]

s: 85.516
t: 106 / 235
u: 2015100514
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:11 pm

@Z_N-Freak wrote:
@Conundrumer wrote:i feel like makign line rider tracks is nto a good use of my time

I've thought this too, but then it quickly seems like such an arbitrary question. The more profound and ominous question:

What is a good use of (your) time, and why?

Yesterday I saw "The Little Prince" and it once again made me think about this question. What is worth living for, what do I went to spend my time on doing, what gives my life meaning?

The answer I typically think of: "I'm not sure, so let's just have some fun while I'm here!" (which means spending time with my girlfri... eh... I mean my fiancee! Very Happy playing (video)games, cooking & eating, as well as doing some other necessary stuff to make it seem like my life is awesome to other people so they won't bother me with annoying questions.)

This just made me think. There is so much potential in the human race as a whole, what if we would all work together on some common goals. I think theoretically (without all the war and frictions in today's world) we could've already been expanding throughout our Solar System and onward, if we really wanted to. It makes me sad and demotivates me to see so much greed and suffering and I use it as an excuse to be lazy and just have fun myself. And at the same time, maybe it's not an excuse, because maybe it's not really a good thing for us to be expanding into the universe...

Life is so complicated...

[/rambles on]

I always think about these things, also, and ponder my placement in life; what I like to spend my time doing, versus, what would be the best use of my time. Recently I've had a huge change of life style and have rid my house of the things I really don't need. I got rid of the internet; I can use it at school. I got rid of tv; I like to watch lineriders and starcraft at school, which I often do. I've started making more tracks, because I really enjoy linerider-- like truly enjoy the community and the track making process. I don't play much starcraft because that was a huge waste of time. I mostly sit around and play piano and do math and play linerider and read books, which seems, to many, can be a boring existence, but I love falling into books while playing linerider and studying math for the future. The amount of adventure that resides in a book in often intoxicating. The tedious tendencies required for linerider often make me joyful and distracted. Math is problem solving, which is very engaging.  I think that the best use of my time is what makes me happy, and dedicating myself toward myself is what makes me happy. Not only do I enjoy the days but I feel great about where I'm heading; one day I hope to hold a job with a global world view, of some sort. Till then, I'm going to enjoy the time that I waste on linerider and the time that I spend on my studying.

I have many more thoughts on what is best for the world, but with the amount of people in the world, and if all of the world's people were dedicated towards disciplines that could improve the world, no matter how wonky that idea may be; the world would be drastically different.

I have also been thinking about taking away my linerider alias and just adopting my real name as my alias. I've been really leaning toward the use of no alias when it comes to many things that I do. I'm going to probably think about this more but basically I want to have everything I do tied down to my real name.
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:16 pm

The only thing you can do with your time that nobody could object to is helping people who need help. If you're not doing that, then everything you're doing is a relative waste of time.

I think I can safely say that none of us are doing that. So the next best thing is self-fulfillment. Doing whatever gives your life meaning and makes you feel like you can be proud of how you spend your time.

So then I am guessing what you mean, Conundrumer, is that you don't find making Line Rider tracks fulfilling. Why? Did it use to be that way and then it changed? What caused the change?

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

@rich wrote:I always think about these things, also, and ponder my placement in life; what I like to spend my time doing, versus, what would be the best use of my time. Recently I've had a huge change of life style and have rid my house of the things I really don't need. I got rid of the internet; I can use it at school. I got rid of tv; I like to watch lineriders and starcraft at school, which I often do. I've started making more tracks, because I really enjoy linerider-- like truly enjoy the community and the track making process. I don't play much starcraft because that was a huge waste of time. I mostly sit around and play piano and do math and play linerider and read books, which seems, to many, can be a boring existence, but I love falling into books while playing linerider and studying math for the future. The amount of adventure that resides in a book in often intoxicating. The tedious tendencies required for linerider often make me joyful and distracted. Math is problem solving, which is very engaging.  I think that the best use of my time is what makes me happy, and dedicating myself toward myself is what makes me happy. Not only do I enjoy the days but I feel great about where I'm heading; one day I hope to hold a job with a global world view, of some sort. Till then, I'm going to enjoy the time that I waste on linerider and the time that I spend on my studying.

I have many more thoughts on what is best for the world, but with the amount of people in the world, and if all of the world's people were dedicated towards disciplines that could improve the world, no matter how wonky that idea may be; the world would be drastically different.

I have also been thinking about taking away my linerider alias and just adopting my real name as my alias. I've been really leaning toward the use of no alias when it comes to many things that I do. I'm going to probably think about this more but basically I want to have everything I do tied down to my real name.
I think that's a very healthy lifestyle man Smile Whatever works for you!

I'm reluctant to use LRA/JS because I fear it takes the entertainment part out the game and makes LR more like a program than a game, like Ableton or After Effects.

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:47 pm

The best way to live is so that you're not living at the expense of others and so that others aren't living at the expense of you.

Those are my words on the matter, because really the way we spend our time is going to vary greatly from individual to individual.

Rafael that's a really good reasoning to have.
The reason I use LRA is because of the opportunities it gives me. I am capable of so much more with it and my goal is not to be good at a game, it's to make things I'm proud of.

Interior Crocodile Alligator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:14 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:The only thing you can do with your time that nobody could object to is helping people who need help. If you're not doing that, then everything you're doing is a relative waste of time.

I think I can safely say that none of us are doing that. So the next best thing is self-fulfillment. Doing whatever gives your life meaning and makes you feel like you can be proud of how you spend your time.

So then I am guessing what you mean, Conundrumer, is that you don't find making Line Rider tracks fulfilling. Why? Did it use to be that way and then it changed? What caused the change?
I would also like to know answer about this. What makes linerider fulfilling or unfulfilling. Would it be the lack of exploration, unlike finding a brand new toy? I find the conversations in the community very good, when it comes to any topic, then it's really nice to have a relative topic that a community to relate. I think the community is more of the option the brings me back to line rider; the track making is a toy that I wouldn't be able to share so much time spent, if it wasn't for the community. The things this community is great for, (1)advice, (2)reliability because I joined .org in 2007 which is really important, (3) good friendship-- a lot of the people invested in this forum didn't join yesterday, or yesteryear. These things are hugely important in the influence upon myself when trying to find communities; I've tried, but you guys are the best.
@Rafael wrote:
I think that's a very healthy lifestyle man Smile Whatever works for you!

I'm reluctant to use LRA/JS because I fear it takes the entertainment part out the game and makes LR more like a program than a game, like Ableton or After Effects.
Thank you. It took a while for me to get use to this life style.
I like LRA/JS, and I like the non-frame/b/frame versions. I think both have their place. I really enjoy the technicality that can be committed to a frame/b/frame played game, but I also love the amount of time and skill a non-frame/b/frame track takes. I have played with both extensively, especially because JS works on chromebook and that's all I often carry to school.
Dapianokid wrote:The best way to live is so that you're not living at the expense of others and so that others aren't living at the expense of you.

Those are my words on the matter, because really the way we spend our time is going to vary greatly from individual to individual.

Rafael that's a really good reasoning to have.
The reason I use LRA is because of the opportunities it gives me. I am capable of so much more with it and my goal is not to be good at a game, it's to make things I'm proud of.
Agree'd

Agree'd

Agree'd

This is the other side. Frame/b/frame allows you to do progressively, and sometimes ridiculous, stuff; generally just more control, but more control isn't always a good thing. I often find myself making tracks highly inspired off of who's videos I spent a lot of time watching and the people that I spent a lot of time with, this happens, while I'm not on a frame/b/frame. While on frame/b/frame, I have more options technically but less stylistically. When not in frame/b/frame my stylistic choices are made by, I feel, split second decisions on the limitations the program provides me and how I hope to manipulate those limitations, as apposed to, frame/b/frame unlimitedpossibilitiness (NOT A REAL WORD, but  like it,) which also isn't a bad thing.

edit'd3times

Last edited by rich on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:20 am

Dapianokid wrote:Rafael that's a really good reasoning to have.
I play for the same reason, but LR has a different purpose for me I think. If I want to work on things and make things I'm proud of, I'd rather resort to music instead of LR because it's more useful to me. If I want to relax however, I'd feel spending time on LR is more useful than spending it on FIFA or CoD :P

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:30 pm

^yo you should make a LR music video to your own music.

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:04 pm

@efrazable wrote:^yo you should make a LR music video to your own music.
or make a track, and then make a song off the track.
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 pm

I have never released a track I didn't use the eraser on...I'm a scrub, I know.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:47 am

ive got 2

i pretend my bachelor thesis is a lr track im working on.

i love the memories i have of the early times i played lr

@Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:58 am

ive never used circle maker
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:11 am

i have far more fun making stupid little 10 second concept tracks than making anything else

Creation | Unusuals | Firework | 制限 | Campester 3 | Silk Road Scened | Light Fantastic | Vemödalen | Doll | Superluminal Motion
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:30 am

@Chuggers wrote:i have far more fun making stupid little 10 second concept tracks than making anything else
i have to many of these
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:42 am

@Chuggers wrote:i have far more fun making stupid little 10 second concept tracks than making anything else

Why not release them and share your ideas (I know you release some small stuff, not sure if all?). I think people could get inspired to create something based of of that even though you might think it's little and stupid. Especially if their concept tracks, the concept might be very appealing you know Smile

s: 85.516
t: 106 / 235
u: 2015100514
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:15 pm

When I forget to flag on a big track, I smack my head against my keyboard.
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:16 pm

^LRA will save you and your loved ones from the pain and suffering of brain damage!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 pm

@Z_N-Freak wrote:

Why not release them and share your ideas (I know you release some small stuff, not sure if all?). I think people could get inspired to create something based of of that even though you might think it's little and stupid. Especially if their concept tracks, the concept might be very appealing you know Smile

thats a pretty good idea, i might load like 4-5 into a single video and release them like that

Creation | Unusuals | Firework | 制限 | Campester 3 | Silk Road Scened | Light Fantastic | Vemödalen | Doll | Superluminal Motion
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Dapianokid wrote:The best way to live is so that you're not living at the expense of others
Hate to break it to you but we are pretty much all living at the expense of others. All of us on this site anyway.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:49 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:The best way to live is so that you're not living at the expense of others
Hate to break it to you but we are pretty much all living at the expense of others. All of us on this site anyway.
Why is that?
Edit: not that I'm offended or retorting you, which my statement could be perceived as but I'd like to read the conversation.
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:17 pm

@rich wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
Why is that?
I may be wrong, but here are some examples of how you may be living at the expense of others:
- Are you going to college? Are you paying out all of that tuition out of your own pocket? If not, that's someone else's expense.
- Do you have a cell phone? Do you pay those bills yourself? If not, that's someone else's expense.
- Are you white and male? Do you actively advocate and fight for the rights of those who are not? If not, then you are living at the expense of those who don't automatically get the same privileges in English-speaking societies.
- Were any of the products you have purchased made in foreign countries? Unless you are a very conscientious consumer, most of those were probably made at the expense of people working for far less than minimum wage is in the US.
- Do you buy cheap chocolate that is not fair trade? You are living at the expense of the people who are working for very little to produce that cocoa, and also likely at the expense of the South American rainforest.
- Do you throw things in the trash? If so, you are living at the expense of people who live near the landfills those get put in.
- Do you buy gas? If so, you are living at the expense of those whose water has been polluted by fracking, and also those who are oppressed by governments of countries of oil-driven economies, and also those directly affected by global warming.

Sorry to be a downer, and for getting off topic...

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
@rich wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
Why is that?
I may be wrong, but here are some examples of how you may be living at the expense of others:
- Are you going to college? Are you paying out all of that tuition out of your own pocket? If not, that's someone else's expense.
- Do you have a cell phone? Do you pay those bills yourself? If not, that's someone else's expense.
- Are you white and male? Do you actively advocate and fight for the rights of those who are not? If not, then you are living at the expense of those who don't automatically get the same privileges in English-speaking societies.
- Were any of the products you have purchased made in foreign countries? Unless you are a very conscientious consumer, most of those were probably made at the expense of people working for far less than minimum wage is in the US.
- Do you buy cheap chocolate that is not fair trade? You are living at the expense of the people who are working for very little to produce that cocoa, and also likely at the expense of the South American rainforest.
- Do you throw things in the trash? If so, you are living at the expense of people who live near the landfills those get put in.
- Do you buy gas? If so, you are living at the expense of those whose water has been polluted by fracking, and also those who are oppressed by governments of countries of oil-driven economies, and also those directly affected by global warming.

Sorry to be a downer, and for getting off topic...
You're not a downer. We are just talking about life.
But may I exploit the philosophy of keeping sweat shops open? Towards the cheap chocolate. Never mind, that's way off topic haha.
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 08, 2016 1:29 am

I've lost my faith in this site ever becoming a community of understanding and supportive people

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top