Line Rider Confession Thread

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by LineMagiX on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:10 am

No, this isn't a remake of the dreaded "IRtL Confession Thread" of 2008  Suspicious . That thing got really bad, if you remember it. So no real life stuff, except when it comes to how you view other tracks or stuff you do in the community.

The purpose of this thread is to confess the LR sins you have made, in hopes of receiving forgiveness from the almighty LR god Bosh.

Still not following? Well I'll get it started.

1.) As seen in the stream the other night, sometimes (Actually almost every time I try to make a start) I will spend an hour or a long period of time trying to start a track and keep erasing it. Eventually I will get frustrated, lose inspiration and quit with no progress. The struggle is real.  Sad

2.) This was a lot worse back when it was newer, but sometimes I will well.. not hate, but like a track a lot less if I see a lot of green line integrations. In all reality it's a very dumb elitist LR complaint, but I am really turned off by it. Angry

3.) "What do I do here?" *resorts to uber-strong nose fling*

REPENT

_________________

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD


My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
avatar
LineMagiX
Member

The ghost of LR


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Helios Pavonine on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:40 am

I rushed the editing of Eden 2 and this really backfired on me. Other than that, deleting and restarting tracks are rather common.

_________________
What's it going to be then, eh?

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Lukking on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:17 am

I hate dont like the fact that i cant do these uber stacks and i hate dont like people who are able to do that.

_________________

@Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
avatar
Lukking
Member

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Opal Rider on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 am

I have a .sol of a 2 minute long nubish tumble that I add to when I'm bored.

There is not a single track anymore that I don't intentionally add at least one manual dick.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Yobanjojoe on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:12 am

sometimes when I can't figure out what to do with a track I just sit there playing it over and over again for several minutes.

_________________
Where am I



avatar
Yobanjojoe
Member

swag


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Fauxfyre on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:55 am

I could have finished my scenery track 6 months ago easily

Fauxfyre
Member

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:29 pm

I spent a couple hours last night watching youtube videos instead of working on scenery even though I know everyone is waiting on me.

I've never released anything actually good without a hard deadline, and I rarely make the deadline.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by RyderLR on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:31 pm

When music syncing my tracks would make much more progress if I didn't play the song and watch the track 10000 times for no reason other than appreciating my own work.

_________________
Earthquake
Slave to the Rhythm
Shellshocked
Intro
"Aids, they killed my slaves. I need to go buy new ones". - ACwazHere
avatar
RyderLR
Member

WHAT RHYMES WITH SHMINTRO?


View user profile http://youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by SethComposerGuy on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:50 pm

@RyderLR wrote:When music syncing my tracks would make much more progress if I didn't play the song and watch the track 10000 times for no reason other than appreciating my own work.

Yep, I do the exact same thing even when I'm not music syncing a track. Even Yesterday, I probably watched the the track a good 7 times or so, proceeded to add 4 lines to it, watched it again, and then left to do something else.

_________________
major solo tracks:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
avatar
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by [senpai] kevans on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:17 pm

I cheated in the hax contest. Made an invicible bosh build and made it look like the hax builds that were listed to be okay to use. I regret nothing.
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by RyderLR on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:24 pm

I am ACwazHere

_________________
Earthquake
Slave to the Rhythm
Shellshocked
Intro
"Aids, they killed my slaves. I need to go buy new ones". - ACwazHere
avatar
RyderLR
Member

WHAT RHYMES WITH SHMINTRO?


View user profile http://youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by efrazable on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm more active on the forum that I am on playing Line Rider BY FAR.

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:49 pm

I keep making bold claims and weighty promises to myself and others in this game and I never come through.
I haven't at all extended Photon and I probably never will unless I can finish what's on my plate in a reasonable amount of time.
I also waste time in self appreciation.
I am actively and consciously trying to become legendarily good at quirk. I have practiced technique systematically almost like I practice piano.
I have also been actively seeking to get featured somehow for something. I want status.
I never even thought about contact point pulls other than shoulder before KW posted Eternity Update.
I haven't made a new XY start which I'm proud enough of to turn into a full track.
I am passed off asf at anybody ahead of me in a contest I was sure I could win by sheer skill and no creativity.
My infinitely repeating track, while the concept theoretically is sound, isn't important enough to me ATM to try to really make happen. I have to recycle the pinch from much lower to get it to work and I struggle with this a lot.

I'm considering quitting after I finish everything on my plate and have purposefully not made any starts since I decided that.
I'm full of myself.

Also I delete really good recycles and didn't try as hard as I could've on Oxygen.
I am purposefully messy and I think stacks are the future to the game. I still gave no individuality of style.
Chuggers is the only person from whom i have ever really received a compliment in my heart.
kev is a role model of sorts.
Rofl is the most impressive trackmaker out there to me because I can't fathom his attitude toward the game.
Clans make me irritated. Dude clan may never make anything unless I can be more active.
I have vented anger on Skype to chuggers in private about how I really wish everybody who isn't familiar with quirk would teach themselves to be much better at it.
I wish I could stack even better.
I hate that I use cp and nobody else does and if they did I would be obsolete because I have no skill otherwise.
stacks have literally made me giggle for several minutes before.
I had to do bad things to stay on as long as I did for the marathon.

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Chuggers on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:10 pm

i dont like that more and more people are making stacks and tracks with non stall stalls


leave some for me goddammit
avatar
Chuggers
Member

mass-producing masterpieces


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Getthim on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:18 pm

I don't do LR as much as i'd like
I spend a lot of time looking at sketches and interesting images for inspiration for my scenery
I have never made a stack
I have never made a synced track
Quirk and asdf are my weakest point, i am unable to do them right

_________________

@Sheldon wrote:one does not simply teach a scener how to quirk

Hello Guest, lovely to see you.
avatar
Getthim
Member

Muggle dragon born


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:45 pm

I put far too much value into what others will think of my track.

I have such a strong fear of failure that I can never work on a project unless I am sure it will get lots of praise upon release. This is a big reason why I plan out my tracks so much.

I wish I could say that I would keep playing Line Rider if there was no community, and believe myself, but I can't.

I am terrified that scenery in Line Rider will never again reach the heights it reached with TD, CC, and LRG and I will be forever living in the past.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm conflicted when it comes to making colabs.

I want to try hard to not disappoint, but my try hard mode turns on my creative processes which makes want to discover/make things that have never been made before and I don't want others seeing it because of certain minor/major insecurities.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Yobanjojoe on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:14 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:I am terrified that scenery in Line Rider will never again reach the heights it reached with TD, CC, and LRG and I will be forever living in the past.

I got you

_________________
Where am I



avatar
Yobanjojoe
Member

swag


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Kramwood wrote:I'm conflicted when it comes to making colabs.

I want to try hard to not disappoint, but my try hard mode turns on my creative processes which makes want to discover/make things that have never been made before and I don't want others seeing it because of certain minor/major insecurities.

This is why I collab so much. I want to get past those insecurities.
You can feel free to work on stuff with me anytime you like because I don't judge people at all. I'm always fueled and amazed by creativity in this game. You need a space to vent to a bro artistically? You got my pm bruh we tight

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by OTDE on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:10 pm

I do slow tracks because I can't do anything else.

_________________
rabid wrote:did I just explain the significance of your own track to you
avatar
OTDE
Administrator

Magic @ Manuals


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by WTB on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:20 pm

The only two scenery tracks I ever worked on, Sharded, and Fields of Life, were never completed because I claimed the .sols became corrupted.

That's not true; I simply couldn't find the will to continue working on a track that got laggier and laggier. Also, each time I started a new section, I simply couldn't find new ideas to draw.
It would have been nice to know about track splitting at the time, lol

The .sol's really don't exist now. I re-installed Windows a while ago, and didn't bother keeping any of my old .sols (there wasn't much trust me)

_________________
Old, Older, Oldest
avatar
WTB
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by gaoyubao on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:07 pm

I use contact points and hit test like it's sinful.

_________________
avatar
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

1st place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Dapianokid wrote:
Kramwood wrote:I'm conflicted when it comes to making colabs.

I want to try hard to not disappoint, but my try hard mode turns on my creative processes which makes want to discover/make things that have never been made before and I don't want others seeing it because of certain minor/major insecurities.

This is why I collab so much. I want to get past those insecurities.
You can feel free to work on stuff with me anytime you like because I don't judge people at all. I'm always fueled and amazed by creativity in this game. You need a space to vent to a bro artistically? You got my pm bruh we tight

Not what I was trying to say. Was just trying to not look like a villain lmao

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by efrazable on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:50 am

@LineMagiX wrote:No, this isn't a remake of the dreaded "IRtL Confession Thread" of 2008  Suspicious . That thing got really bad, if you remember it. [/b]
I'm curious

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by mmtunligit on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:19 am

@rabid squirrel wrote:I put far too much value into what others will think of my track.
agreed

I use LR on ipad

I say i will do a quirk, but I just end up doing flatsled

I cry when very negative comments are posted on my stuff
avatar
mmtunligit
Member

Nerds like me rule


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum