Line Rider Confession Thread

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:54 pm

I must confess.

I tried to pull off bosh's hat, but his scalp came with the hat due to wearing it for ten years.

The reason bosh dies in any situation is because under normal circumstance, his hat would've fallen off. But it won't.

Interior Crocodile Alligator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:33 pm

I have put in a stupid number of hours trying to get bosh back onto his sled using singularities and weird kramuals. At this point I'm near positive that it's not just some physics thing in the code, but a boolean value that can't be reset until hitting stop. I haven't really looked into it because I think that's part of the fun. It was fun trying either way. But if it's somehow possible and someone gets it, I will be a bit peeved I didn't.

2016 Tracks
Here - Hello How Are You - 12 Juin 3049 - The Mountain Will Fall - LYI - RINGS - Rigamortis

2017 Tracks
Calamari!! - Hasta la Raiź
Apple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 pm

I dislike how the collective is more concerned with encouraging trackmaking rather than giving actual feedback on tracks, because I the best encouragment is the motivation you gets when someone pays attention to your craft or artistic vision.

Free Buffeet | Catena Lit | Jitterbug | Offbeat/Onbeat | «Static» | Well-Tempered Kramual | Booty Swing

Anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Anton wrote:I dislike how the collective is more concerned with encouraging trackmaking rather than giving actual feedback on tracks, because I the best encouragment is the motivation you gets when someone pays attention to your craft or artistic vision.
I just don't think we should be coaching new players to be just like old players, they should be able to find their own way to make tracks

Creation | Unusuals | Firework | 制限 | Campester 3 | Silk Road Scened | Light Fantastic | Vemödalen | Doll | Superluminal Motion
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Anton wrote:I dislike how the collective is more concerned with encouraging trackmaking rather than giving actual feedback on tracks, because I the best encouragment is the motivation you gets when someone pays attention to your craft or artistic vision.
I just don't think we should be coaching new players to be just like old players, they should be able to find their own way to make tracks
Fair point thoug. My point is I think feedback is better when it focuses on observations. I would much prefer "i liked that thing at 1:55" or "you did alot of ... throughout the track, which i liked" as opposed to "This is a great track, hope you make more". Praise is good too, but I can't help but feel that when people comment on tracks there tends to be a gap between the feedback and the actual product, a gap I feel is too big.

Free Buffeet | Catena Lit | Jitterbug | Offbeat/Onbeat | «Static» | Well-Tempered Kramual | Booty Swing

Anton

cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Anton wrote:
Chuggers wrote:
Fair point thoug. My point is I think feedback is better when it focuses on observations. I would much prefer "i liked that thing at 1:55" or "you did alot of ... throughout the track, which i liked" as opposed to "This is a great track, hope you make more". Praise is good too, but I can't help but feel that when people comment on tracks there tends to be a gap between the feedback and the actual product, a gap I feel is too big.
I can agree with this, it is pretty annoying to see a comment section mostly full of the "good job, make more" comments, there's more to critiquing than that

Creation | Unusuals | Firework | 制限 | Campester 3 | Silk Road Scened | Light Fantastic | Vemödalen | Doll | Superluminal Motion
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top