We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Confession Thread

+52
JealousCloud
Morgan
rich
austin4evr
FlagCapper
Noname219
Kohuda
shammies
Rie
SPL4SHZ0N3
Lankher
BenWubbleyou
Votale
pure5152
Sheldon
GhostY
iPi
Ph0enix
Conundrumer
Wizzy
Blesshiscottonsocks
weebit
Rafael
Apple
Pawel3
anton
crash2burn
Wolf_Spirit
Z_N-Freak
Mikeee7787
roflmaoqwerty
hypothet
theacp127
Commandercoke
mmtunligit
gaoyubao
WTB
OTDE
Getthim
Chuggers
ScrungleBlumpkus
efrazable
[senpai] kevans
SethComposerGuy
RyderLR
rabid squirrel
Fauxfyre
Yobanjojoe
Opal Rider
Lukking
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
56 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Line Rider Confession Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:54 pm

I must confess.

I tried to pull off bosh's hat, but his scalp came with the hat due to wearing it for ten years.

The reason bosh dies in any situation is because under normal circumstance, his hat would've fallen off. But it won't.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:33 pm

I have put in a stupid number of hours trying to get bosh back onto his sled using singularities and weird kramuals. At this point I'm near positive that it's not just some physics thing in the code, but a boolean value that can't be reset until hitting stop. I haven't really looked into it because I think that's part of the fun. It was fun trying either way. But if it's somehow possible and someone gets it, I will be a bit peeved I didn't.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 pm

I dislike how the collective is more concerned with encouraging trackmaking rather than giving actual feedback on tracks, because I the best encouragment is the motivation you gets when someone pays attention to your craft or artistic vision.
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Anton wrote:I dislike how the collective is more concerned with encouraging trackmaking rather than giving actual feedback on tracks, because I the best encouragment is the motivation you gets when someone pays attention to your craft or artistic vision.
I just don't think we should be coaching new players to be just like old players, they should be able to find their own way to make tracks
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Anton wrote:I dislike how the collective is more concerned with encouraging trackmaking rather than giving actual feedback on tracks, because I the best encouragment is the motivation you gets when someone pays attention to your craft or artistic vision.
I just don't think we should be coaching new players to be just like old players, they should be able to find their own way to make tracks
Fair point thoug. My point is I think feedback is better when it focuses on observations. I would much prefer "i liked that thing at 1:55" or "you did alot of ... throughout the track, which i liked" as opposed to "This is a great track, hope you make more". Praise is good too, but I can't help but feel that when people comment on tracks there tends to be a gap between the feedback and the actual product, a gap I feel is too big.
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Anton wrote:
Chuggers wrote:
Fair point thoug. My point is I think feedback is better when it focuses on observations. I would much prefer "i liked that thing at 1:55" or "you did alot of ... throughout the track, which i liked" as opposed to "This is a great track, hope you make more". Praise is good too, but I can't help but feel that when people comment on tracks there tends to be a gap between the feedback and the actual product, a gap I feel is too big.
I can agree with this, it is pretty annoying to see a comment section mostly full of the "good job, make more" comments, there's more to critiquing than that
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyTheDragon Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:17 pm

(this is an old one) I can sometimes forget that even the slightest obstruction to the original path of the track can lead to unexpected errors and or results that could end up in hilarity or just plain epic failure depending on how hard you work on the track. :|

RoyTheDragon

Local Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Im primal
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:23 am

I wish ownership of this forum would be transferred to someone like chuggers or a discord regular
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:47 am

I feel quite ashamed of the pushy, confrontational and simply obnoxious person I was in this community.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:07 am

Rafael wrote:I feel quite ashamed of the pushy, confrontational and simply obnoxious person I was in this community.
This ^

It would be hard to overstate how much of a dickhead i used to be, my negative actions towards others are something i very much regret and think about almost daily

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:I wish ownership of this forum would be transferred to someone like chuggers or a discord regular

I would not be capable of running this place
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Rafael wrote:I feel quite ashamed of the pushy, confrontational and simply obnoxious person I was in this community.
This ^

It would be hard to overstate how much of a dickhead i used to be, my negative actions towards others are something i very much regret and think about almost daily

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:I wish ownership of this forum would be transferred to someone like chuggers or a discord regular

I would not be capable of running this place
1. I agree this hits me often and the regret pangs.
2. there isnt much running to be done frankly, this is a relic of the past
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 pm

a relic of the past until we use all the data stored here to make a ride liner AI that surpasses the current iteration

also, to stay on topic:

It pains me when I see young people use line rider as a means of escapism the same way I did
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Sun May 30, 2021 2:32 am

Preach, I look back at my old youtube comments and it makes me wanna die lmao. Hope everyone is doing well Smile
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14