This one's a bit late sorry!
- Shotoku has found a way to stream on the WRTL livestream channel using Open Broadcasting Software! And what's more, rabid has figured out how to do it on a Mac! It's crazy fast compared to procaster, and has many, many more capabilities. Check out the tutorial thread here!
- The Featured Movies Discussion Section is working out quite nicely as a public forum, except that I am nominating 90% of the tracks. Remember that anyone can nominate, and this means you! Also note that it was moved to a subforum in WRTL Center so that the most recent post in the featured movies section is actually on a featured movie instead of a discussion topic.
- Featured Movies Catchup is all but complete, with seven movies that were released over the nine month period being featured, out of fourteen nominees. The featured movies are (in order of feature):
Turning Me Off by shammies
BLANK IS BORING by Sssschiller
Valence 2 by Sheldon
Finalize 2.0 by Kramwood
Centrifugal Force 2 by Sheldon
Ahead of the Curve by boo
Joy of Motion by Kramwood
Also featured from a vote in the old section:
Limitations by the LCC
Phantasmagoric Heart by Kramwood
If you haven't seen any of these, GO WATCH THEM! And comment if you like them to show your appreciation!
- Site Cleanup is still ongoing. The savedLines/.sol tutorial sticky has been extensively updated, the livestream threads have been consolidated into one master livestream thread in Engaged Riding, and there is a new "Download and Play Line Rider" sticky - among other things. Much more to come!
- The Lost Valley by LineBenji - A scenery track! Holy poop! LineBenji returns with his first scenery track since Colossus!
- NOPQ + AZYX by gaoyubao - Two offbeat short tracks with gaoyubao written all over them. Which is to say, unlike anything else you've seen.
- Phoenix by shotoku - A delightful mini-omni by shotoku. Solid track. Worth a watch.
- Two more WRTL Community Collaboration tracks - Ripple, a an all-manual track, and Attention Deficit, a ridiculous track that resulted from 200 line parts of totally different styles.
- Free Verse by Dapianokid - Dapianokid has been playing Line Rider for years but this is his first actual track release. And it's really good for his first release. Watch it and see a new quirk artist beginning to emerge!
- Dance, Xtinct, and Feel Good by Getthim - Three tracks that constitute Getthim's Line Rider debut and show development in a variety of styles. An all-blue quirk, an all-X track, and a manual track with lots of barrel rolls.
- Also, Valence 2 by Sheldon has been reposted with original editing, watch that if you haven't seen it!
- The WeRideTheLines Community Collaboration is the busiest section on the forum these days! We have a large number of projects going on (many of which were started this month) and we need your help to keep them all moving!
- In the WCC world of scenery, we have two community scenery projects (Clarifaction and Silent Flame) that are close to completion but still need work on the ending monuments, we have one Community Scenery Project (Phunky) that is moving along but needs more people to participate, we have an incredibly easy-to-participate scenery collab started by efrazable (Repeating Track, Different Scenery), we have some great forest scenery going on for what was previously the staff's Epic Battle 3 track, and we have the enormous project Evolution of Line Rider Scened which is currently in need of someone to work on it!
- In the WCC world of trackmaking, we have Tales of Twenty (the 20 lines per part collab) which is nearing completion, Oxygen - the former elite Epic Battle 3 music-synced omnitrack that is currently in need of some simple flings and/or manuals for the next section, Blackheart - the former LCC Epic Battle 3 music-synced omnitrack that is also coincidentally in need of some simple flings at the moment, the Filthy Manuquirk Collab which is moving along nicely but in need of more participants, and .iso's new Experiment Collab, which is very open ended project for you to feel free to experiment with different styles.
- Shotoku's Battle Royale is underway, with starts and progress from several people. It's shaping up to be quite the showdown!
- Efrazable's Hype Contest was a massive success, with 10 entries and a landslide victory by Conundrumer, who reappeared out of nowhere and blew all of our minds. Go check it out!
- Kramwood has found a way to open .sols that were made on Windows in Flash Player 8/9 on a Mac, using software called Wine! This was previously impossible. Check it out here.
- The staff together will add a monument to your track (Wolf_Spirit's Monument Service) record your track and frame and split your scenery (Rabid's Reliable Recording Reservoir) and edit your video for you (Shotoku's Incredible Editing Service). Up next: AC will actually make your track for you so you don't actually need to do anything
- Kevans’s V3.4.3 continues to improve, with recent major updates including a jump to zoom tool, slow zooming in play mode, a frame by frame function, and a number of helpful interface tweaks.
- The alpha for Kevans's Line Rider Loom was released! It has a working pencil, hand, play, stop, scroll zoom, and trash.
- The alpha for shotoku's LRMM was also released (I haven't tried it out yet because it's Windows only)
- mhenr released the source code for Unleashed which should hopefully help us develop better versions even if he wasn't able to finish it himself.
- So the two Community Scenery Projects I keep saying are close to completion (Silent Flame and Clarifaction). They're still close. Closer, in fact. I promise they will be released one of these days.
- The new section to honor Line Rider Legends is expected to launch soon. It's been delayed because i have been busy keeping the WCC moving.
- More site cleanup: I plan to overhaul the IRTLTube/WCC thread (and making MOTW/ToC recap videos), the Exceptional Videos List, and the Portal. I also hope to flesh out the retired staff tribute thread with more info about or retired staff.
- Thorn Clan is releasing a track soon! If you haven't been around long enough to be excited about this, just know that you should be.
- Kramwood is making a massive thing
- Conundrumer is making something awesome
- Rafael is making a large thing
- Wizzy is making some scenery
- gaoyubao is making a thing
- Chuggers is making probably too many things haha
- Sssschiller is drawing some lines
- ImJOSHH is drawin some lines
- ryderofthelines is making a track
- Getthim is making a track
- If you have something you want to add to this list in next month’s newsletter, PM me!
- I'm the artsy guy round here
I still really like these. Awesome work rabid. And I'm really looking forward to the CSPs.
@rabid squirrel wrote:
[*]Thorn Clan is releasing a track soon! If you haven't been around long enough to be excited about this, just know that you should be.
- Line Rider Legend
wolf is taking his own sweet time working on your monument.@Commandercoke wrote:looking forward to the CSPs.
- I'm the artsy guy round here
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum