We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

+13
Stallie
Hedgehogs4Me
Traxis
Opal Rider
Trinity37185_Rim
Cereal
Orthuss
Z_N-Freak
JoaTrades
Rafael
rabid squirrel
Derpinator
Smitsy
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:27 pm

entered again Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Rabid re-entered, but didnt make up.

That makes 4 entries, 2 entrants.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 pm

oh wow znf. epic props :O
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks Very Happy

How will it be decided who is first if someone gets the same score btw?
Least amount of lines used or something? Not really the best measurement, but there isn't anything better I think, time seems even less important...
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:Thanks Very Happy

How will it be decided who is first if someone gets the same score btw?
Least amount of lines used or something? Not really the best measurement, but there isn't anything better I think, time seems even less important...

How about if there is a tie, there is a poll for who had the coolest tricks and stuff.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Orthuss entered, hes third.

If its a tie then its not gonna down to time/linecount. You could have a vote, but that would end in a popularity contest tbh.

Im not sure.

EDIT: 5 entries, 3 entrants.
Do i need to keep track of this? Because im deleting the entries from people who have other, better entries. Theres also lots of entries on each sol I get, so should we just use them instead? Because im keeping those.

ANother thing is is that somepeople have gotten the same score two different ways. Which one do we include in the video?
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 pm

You don't really need to keep track of how many entries and entrants there are. People can see the entrants for themself in the scoreboard and how many times someone has entered an entry is not really important. The other thing I'd say to, just choose the one you like best. If it's the same score it doesn't really matter. You could choose the one that has the fewest lines used or maybe one of them has a cool trick iunno, shouldn't matter.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Just that on the first cotm results video it mentioned how many entries and entrants.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:18 pm

smitsy, you only need to keep the best score by each person in your .sols for the movie. no point in showing anything else. I just kept them all because I felt like it, so I knew how many entries total there were :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Aha, that's the one rabid organized right? Because he's good at keeping records like that and just keeping everything neat and organized in general <3
If you take a look at Raf's Maze video, which rabid is making atm, I doubt it will have an amount of entries in it. Raf lost about half of the entries :facepalm:

So ya, your choice, it's not that important I think.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 pm

^ actually, he only lost 4 of them, out of about 20... so yeah, bad but not a catastrophe. If I can just get Lukking's latest entry (which was the winner) the video won't suffer too much.

just in defense of raf - it's not very nice to bash him in another thread unprovoked Suspicious
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Lukking will be looking to win this for his hattrick theb Suspicious
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity37185_Rim Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:13 pm

I enter:D
Trinity37185_Rim
Trinity37185_Rim

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm in. I already PM'd you my .sol.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:37 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:^ actually, he only lost 4 of them, out of about 20... so yeah, bad but not a catastrophe. If I can just get Lukking's latest entry (which was the winner) the video won't suffer too much.

just in defense of raf - it's not very nice to bash him in another thread unprovoked Suspicious

It's not nice, but have I ever said I'm a nice person? Suspicious

@Smitsy/lukking
Omg no, Lukking is entering this D:
I've been looking at how I can improve my score and there seems a way, but it looks so freaking impossible Eep And I bet lukking will get it... D:
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Okie, trinity and opal rider have entered. Trinity is lastm and opal rider is third, pushing orthuss down to fourth.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:00 pm

If you end offsled, take the score and divide by 2, makes it more fair. Then someone with max score offsled can be beat by a good score not off sled.
Then again, it may be insanely easy to get maxed offsled and not easy to get that score / 2+1
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:23 pm

It really is easy to get max score offsled. I've already done it, and I'm not even that good. There would be a whole lot of people in a tie.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Yeah, do the rule where if it ends offsled, then the score is cut in half.

btw, I entered
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:31 pm

I entered.. then I realized it was FP8 and raged.
Im remaking it now in FP10 >.>
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Or maybe I'll just get out-voted...
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am

Traxis posted information about his score...

I deleted his post. luckily nobody saw it.

do it again and you'll be disqualified...

and also, please keep the only onsled rule, people can just launch to 500 points.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:03 am

ZNF suggested that if its offsled score gets halved, but it doesnt count if bosh becomes offsled in the draw area (so you cant just launch him). I think its a good idea but I dont think we shoud change the rules anymore.

Downloading new entries now.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 am

Cereal entered, and is placed 2nd, pushing rabid down to third place.
Downloading the other guy who entered's now.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:15 am

Im not sure what to say here, so I'll say it anyway;

Traxis entered, and is joint first with ZNF
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next