We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

+13
Stallie
Hedgehogs4Me
Traxis
Opal Rider
Trinity37185_Rim
Cereal
Orthuss
Z_N-Freak
JoaTrades
Rafael
rabid squirrel
Derpinator
Smitsy
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest Empty Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

Post by Smitsy Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 pm

February 2011 Contest of the Month: Smitsy's Propel Contest

Draw lines in the draw box to propel bosh through the course to get points!

Sceenshot Preview: https://i.imgur.com/jumXx.png

Objective: Get as many points as possible

Rules:
  • Don't erase any lines you didn't draw (If you accidentally delete one, if you're in 6.7, press Shift+Backspace)
  • You can only draw lines inside the draw box (the green box on the far left)
  • You can move the start point, but don't move it outside of the green box
  • The score you get is the number where Bosh stops
  • You can use any line type
  • If he stops on two scores (e.g. stuck on a separator) you get both scores added together
  • If there is a tie between two scores, the one that gets furthur into the section gets placed higher on the leaderboard. Will not apply for entries without a trophy pending.
  • Off sled is not allowed (rule change)
  • You may not publish any .sols or movies before the contest ends
  • You may not mention your score or talk about your technique before the contest ends
  • The entry must be made in Flash Player 10 if you're using a PC.

How to Enter:
  • When you finish, PM ME the .sol
  • You may re-send entries as many times as you wish
  • I will keep an updated "leaderboard" with the entrants in order of placement, but not showing their actual score.
Time Open: Entries close on Friday, February 18th, 2011

Prizes: A contest trophy for the winner! Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest Contest_gold_small-1
A runner up trophy may also be included if there are lots of entries

THE .SOL: http://www.mediafire.com/?z65hbo7a9o38jfa

Leaderboard:
  1. Stallie
  2. Traxis
  3. Z_N-Freak
  4. linerage
  5. Cereal
  6. rabid_squirrel
  7. Orthuss
  8. Trinity37185_Rim
  9. Opal rider
  10. Ssssschiller

Good Luck to all entrants! Very Happy

Last edited by Smitsy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:51 am; edited 17 times in total
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest Empty Re: Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

Post by Smitsy Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 pm

So happy I got this one :P
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest Empty Re: Contest of the Month #3: February 2011, Smitsy's propel contest

Post by Smitsy Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Added a 'you an use any line type' rule, because it could be misleading without it.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:42 pm

sounds interesting, i might enter 8D
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm

make sure you keep all the .sol entries somewhere so you don't end up with a fail like rafael :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:43 pm

^ This xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Sweet! I'll probably enter.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:02 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:make sure you keep all the .sol entries somewhere so you don't end up with a fail like rafael :P

Will do. Added a folder for this in the local host and cleared my PM box :P
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:50 pm

No entries yet Sad
Remind you, hardly anyones been on today.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Imo, offsled should not be allowed. You can just catapult bosh anywhere with enough patience. And it's looking freaking impossible to get more than 500 points, so I'd say there will be a big tie between people that have enough patience to catapult bosh to 1000 points.

Anyway, Ima PM you my .sol Smitsy
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:14 am

Thanks for telling my idea Zeno ;_;
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:39 am

I know it's against the rules, but it would become a really lame contest, as anyone can think of just catapulting bosh. I already got 500 too when I posted about it (to make a point: that it's too damn easy). So imo bosh should stay onsled, much harder that way and more fun to see the entries.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:21 am

Dude, read the rules :| Your not supposed to say your score. For that, im taking the other score you gave me.

Anyway, I also know this is kindbad saying this, but it will clear things up a bit;

Ive got a LOT more than 500, a few times Suspicious

So work on your technique a bit more, and stop complaining.

EDIT: actually, I can see your point People who try hard onsled could just get beaten.
NEW RULE: Offsled is still allowed, but your entry gets halfed. Twice.
EDIT: damn, decimals.
You know what, your right. No offsled.
NEW RULE: Offsled isnt allowed :|
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:30 am

How about you make 2 leaderboards, one without offsled and one with offsled? /idea

Making an entry now.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:39 am

No, because just about anyone can get the maximum offsled score.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Smitsy wrote:Dude, read the rules :| Your not supposed to say your score. For that, im taking the other score you gave me.

Anyway, I also know this is kindbad saying this, but it will clear things up a bit;

Ive got a LOT more than 500, a few times Suspicious

So work on your technique a bit more, and stop complaining.

EDIT: actually, I can see your point People who try hard onsled could just get beaten.
NEW RULE: Offsled is still allowed, but your entry gets halfed. Twice.
EDIT: damn, decimals.
You know what, your right. No offsled.
NEW RULE: Offsled isnt allowed :|

Your post is a bit confusing, but if I read it right you got more than 500 points a couple of times?! That's amazing... D:
Sorry about saying my score, but I really thought it would be kinda impossible to get more than 500 points and it seemed too easy to get 500 points so that's why I said something (and yeah, no matter how you change the rules about offsled, about anyone can get the max score for it). I gotta thank you for changing the rules, since now it will be a much more interesting competition (in my opinion anyway).

And also, I apologize for saying my score, I shouldn't have blurted it out in the thread. Instead I should just have send a PM about it.

Ima try to get more points onsled than I had before now =) (You did see that on my .sol right? Because you haven't updated the scoreboard yet)

edit:
I saw your PM just now, I guess I messed up when saving my entry at some point :facepalm:
Doesn't matter too much anyway, Ima try and get better now =)
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm

No problem.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Zeno entered, hes last. But also first...
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:02 pm

entered.

it's all luck based, and so highly frustrating and involving no skill lol

but somehow addicting O.o I just spend an hour and a half working on my entry
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I wouldnt say its ALL luck based, if you do something and it goes wrong, you can change it to make it go right on purpose, knowing why you changed what etc.

BTW, you forgot to give me the .sol, i think
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 pm

I gotta disagree with you Smitsy, but I won't say why, because that would be giving away my technique I guess. Anyway, I submitted another entry, much improvement rawr Eep
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

sorry lol, sent you my .sol xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 pm

ZNF re-entered, hes also in first. and last.
DOwnloading rabids now.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:23 pm

I'll give this a shot, but it looks really hard o_o
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Rabid entered, but didnt score higher than zeno. He is in last 2nd place
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum