We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE]

+23
Chuggers
.Iso
Z_N-Freak
iPi
OTDE
[senpai] kevans
theacp127
WTB
Orthuss
ScrungleBlumpkus
GhostY
SPL4SHZ0N3
Summoning
mhenr18
rabid squirrel
Rafael
crash2burn
Getthim
Traxis
Fauxfyre
efrazable
gaoyubao
Darkness
27 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE] - Page 9 Empty Re: LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE]

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:09 am

we were having a discussion today about how sometimes when you draw a line, delete it, and then undelete it, it kills him the second time.  I think this has been a thing for a long time, but any thoughts on why it happens?

And another thing. When you use spacebar to move around while the pencil tool is selected it draws dots.

Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE] - Page 9 Empty Re: LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE]

Post by OTDE Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:28 am

Rabid, it's because of which line is connected to which. If you undelete in the order drawn, it works.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 am

OTDE wrote:Rabid, it's because of which line is connected to which. If you undelete in the order drawn, it works.

Something like this. Line count only matters if multiple lines are touching bosh in one frame.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:50 am

Dapianokid wrote:can't go to flag on newly loaded saves via g button. pita when doing a track with airtime at insanely high speeds.
I second this 8D It was the f button btw
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:39 pm

[senpai] kevans wrote:
OTDE wrote:Rabid, it's because of which line is connected to which. If you undelete in the order drawn, it works.

Something like this. Line count only matters if multiple lines are touching bosh in one frame.
1) pretty sure the un-delete snapping glitch is fixed in the new versions. I accidentally deleted a track line a few times while making the scenery for driftwood and the track didn't stop working when I undeleted it.

2) kevans, do you mean line order? and wouldn't that be preserved with un-delete since it goes in the same order?

3) it's hard to replicate but it's happened to me when the line is not snapped to anything else and bosh is not affected by any other lines on that frame a number of times.
Rafael wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:can't go to flag on newly loaded saves via g button. pita when doing a track with airtime at insanely high speeds.
I second this 8D It was the f button btw
It's not F, it was changed to G because the command to making the window full screen involves the F key which would make it jump to flag. (I am very happy with this change btw)
Dap is saying if you load up a track with the flag saved, for some weird reason G doesn't jump to the flag. Just tested it and he's right and that is annoying.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:11 pm

I'd like to request a version with a really huge font the frame counter so I can record the booty back contest
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:24 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
[senpai] kevans wrote:

1) pretty sure the un-delete snapping glitch is fixed in the new versions. I accidentally deleted a track line a few times while making the scenery for driftwood and the track didn't stop working when I undeleted it.

2) kevans, do you mean line order? and wouldn't that be preserved with un-delete since it goes in the same order?

3) it's hard to replicate but it's happened to me when the line is not snapped to anything else and bosh is not affected by any other lines on that frame a number of times.

Yes, I meant line order, and no it's not preserved. This bug has never been successfully addressed yet. Bug only occurs when multiple lines are affecting bosh in one frame. Every time you redo a line, it gets a new numerical name. The higher it's name, the later it gets called for collision check during the frame.

efrazable wrote:I'd like to request a version with a really huge font the frame counter so I can record the booty back contest

You could just use video editing magic and crop the status text and enlarge it with the same or a separate video. Go into the settings, set the text to minimal then under watermark use "var:time" without quotes if you want the single line to display nothing but the time.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Sounds good thanks!
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Update has been pushed, download link in OP.

Additions:

-"var:frames" added to watermark settings, will display total frames in simulation.
-Line snapping saved as per user.

Changes/fixes

-Fixed green lines snapping
-Fixed dots being drawn while using pan shortcut (space).
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 pm

would it be possible to see the line placer (before actual line is drawn fully) over green lines
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:15 pm

^ I suggested that a while back so I'll just add my 2nd to that notion
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 pm

I was messing around with tail fakies when this happened:

Observations:
-The sled can be in nose fakie, tail fakie, and both fakies simultaneously.
-This doesn't require the dual fakies toggle to be checked.
-When the sled is in both fakies, the 2 bottom contact points are moved to the top and cause the sled graphic to appear to be in the wrong place, when it's really just that the contact points are shifted.
-The sled cannot be broken.

Already chatted about this with you, but I'm just posting it anyway.

Edit: The 2/26 update fixed it. Thank you!

Last edited by iPi on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 pm

Update pushed, download link in OP

Added:

-Fixed camera point setting

Changed/fixed

-Compass not updating correctly
-Cleaned up a lot of code.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:04 am

This new version is amazing. And I'm comparing it to just beta 2 basically. The fact you can see frame by frame and see contact points, just wow. No wonder everybody be getting so good at quirking. The kramual cannons that recently came out, I wonder if we would have been able to do that without frame by frame and so much zoom. It kind of feels like science where you are providing us with better tools and we can discover new stuff! Amazing work man Smile
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Kramwood wrote:Those were all discovered in 6.7 and earlier actually. Dap just exploited all of it using this version.

Except for cannons and I guarantee you some of the kramual pulls in caf were so strong we wouldn't even have dreamed of making them. Also other pixel perfect shire I'm experimenting with are entirely impossible to work with without keg. in fact, I'm gonna request a substantially farther zoom level buffer option.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:14 pm

I knew about that, the cannon is half as strong as it could be (have the .sol) and there are no kramual pulls. not talking about cannons, talking about pulls.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Huh, it seems the sled broke and unbroke and, for some reason, it randomly disappears when zoomed in close. Not sure if this is just on my end.
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:21 pm

specifically the new nose pulls and contact point shif I was doing in caf. maybe I'm wrong but hell. It's all possible without kev I suppose.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Maybe that was what made it such a standout section of track; all those tricks in one go made it more complete as a component. So nothing new except fully stacked maximum cannons. kay. ot soz
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 pm

dap/kram, you are both massively off topic. make a new thread.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Kram, no one here is making you use contact points, and no one is making you use my builds. The idea that you won't use them because of a god damn toggle is really dumb, but again, not making you use it. Your tracks are not any less valid than anyone else's tracks that may or may not of used that setting. There are a lot of people here that sincerely appreciate what I have done for the community. This conversation you had with Dap tells me that you're the last person here who thinks it matters what tools someone uses, and I already knew this as fact when I asked the community about a certain feature. That solitary "no" was the douchiest thing anyone could of said. You couldn't even muster a damn to rationalize it because you're fucking Mark Callawood.

This thread is here to discuss implementing tools to help improve the process of making tracks and for me to provide these tools, not for people to complain about how much these tools violate the "spirit of line rider". If you want to talk about how "game breaking" these tools are, do what Rabid said and make a topic, but you better give me a damn good reason to make a significant change in anything I've already added or will be adding in future releases.

Ty Rabid for the crowd control, but I needed to get that rant out there.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 pm

I apologize!
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:47 pm

kevans, you're also pretty off topic. and I'm pretty sure that post was borderline flaming. Kram has never asked you to do anything for him, so it's not really respectful of you to bash him for saying that he personally hasn't used a tool you built.

kramwood: "actually the trick isn't impossible without contact points. BTW I don't use them myself."

kevans: "gtfo of my thread kram and stop saying contact points break the game and violate the spirit of line rider. You better have a damn good reason if you want me to get rid of them. Also you're a douchebag for not explaining why you won't use a version with tail fakies."

doesn't really follow...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 am

I personally haven't used or been following 3.4.x since it branched of from 3.4.3, but I took a look at it and think the option menu as a whole now is a hot mess of choices, and most of it that has been added since 3.4.3 seems non-beginner friendly (Dual fakie? Alternative start? Camera point?) I think if we want to be able to sell this to any people interested in picking it up, some tabs should probably be added, with one labeled ADVANCED or something to distinguish it from others.

I won't go into how I think some of the options mentioned are heinous additions to the game engine, because I most likely won't be moving forward onto this, but I'm just trying to get a point across of how I think this would appear to a newbie, or someone who hasn't touched it in a couple years.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 am

Shotoku wrote:I personally haven't used or been following 3.4.x since it branched of from 3.4.3, but I took a look at it and think the option menu as a whole now is a hot mess of choices, and most of it that has been added since 3.4.3 seems non-beginner friendly (Dual fakie? Alternative start? Camera point?) I think if we want to be able to sell this to any people interested in picking it up, some tabs should probably be added, with one labeled ADVANCED or something to distinguish it from others.

I won't go into how I think some of the options mentioned are heinous additions to the game engine, because I most likely won't be moving forward onto this, but I'm just trying to get a point across of how I think this would appear to a newbie, or someone who hasn't touched it in a couple years.
I actually do like ALL of the additions, but I definitely agree that maybe some of them should be hidden somehow (for "advanced" users) because they will make no sense to a newbie.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next