We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152

+6
Hedgehogs4Me
rabid squirrel
Commandercoke
Inukaza
Nubcake
pure5152
10 posters

Go down

E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152 Empty E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152

Post by pure5152 Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRt2IB7pIY4

youtube description:

expi
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
yes... my anniversary track is finally here... and it's here early.. sorry for that guys.. my actual anniversary is on august 31.
statistics:
total line count: 1992 (1669 blue, 215 red, 108 green)
approximate track length: 1:30 seconds (90 seconds)
approximate time taken: 1 week (about 6-7 hours in total)
Inspirations: Flagcapper / SCG / the idea of "integration"
songs:
1. Sound of infinity - F-777 by: Jesse Valentine (F-777)
- http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/258437 -
- http://f-777.newgrounds.com/audio/ -

2. Reasoner- Ticking Away by: Reasoner
- http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/171605 -
- http://reasoner.newgrounds.com/audio/ -
like always.. feedback is always appreciated Wink
I'm sorry If I didn't mention you in the shouts... :\
but thanks for helping me have a great year on youtube guys.
-pure
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152 Empty Re: E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152

Post by Nubcake Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:47 pm

wow.....one of the most epic tracks i'v seen in a bit. had some good recycling and the highspeed part was nice. i really can't find anything i didn't like with it so great job!
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152 Empty Re: E X P I - A line rider anniversary track by Pure5152

Post by Inukaza Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 pm

I was really confused while watching this track. Yea it had some cool stuff in there, but it was pulled off nubishly. Flatriding = noplz.

Overall, i thought it was good but at the same time "meh"

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Oh be quiet Inu, the flatsledding was fine.
You did better than I could, so you have some potential IMO.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:10 pm

thanks commandercoke
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am

If you look at the specific tricks and what you did, this is very good. However, it lacked originality, and some parts were slightly sloppy. Nothing to cry over, but could use some work. You should spend more time coming up with tricks and less time copying others IMO Thumbs Up
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:01 am

Keep in mind that the neatest flings are every other frame! Your flings were extremely messy, and I think making the wells every other frame might help, although it doesn't end there. Your wells are also extremely weak. Just because you make a well and he doesn't die, doesn't mean you have to keep it.
As for alt flings, I don't think you should even be trying them until you can make your wells more powerful. =/

Your curves were a little shakey, you should probably even them out if you want to continue with manuals and flatsledding.
And Inu, geez, my next track has HEADRIDING in it, not to mention flatsledding. Things are changing, bud.

Also, just in general, work on your flow. Insert airtime when it works, otherwise don't. You had some really unnecessary airtimes in there that really made it impossible for your track to get into a rhythm, and getting into a rhythm is what you're aiming for. If you can do it really well, music syncing is a snap, because your brain automatically puts stuff in the right place for music syncs :P
So yeah, you'll know when you get into a rhythm.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:19 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Keep in mind that the neatest flings are every other frame! Your flings were extremely messy, and I think making the wells every other frame might help, although it doesn't end there. Your wells are also extremely weak. Just because you make a well and he doesn't die, doesn't mean you have to keep it.
As for alt flings, I don't think you should even be trying them until you can make your wells more powerful. =/

Your curves were a little shakey, you should probably even them out if you want to continue with manuals and flatsledding.
And Inu, geez, my next track has HEADRIDING in it, not to mention flatsledding. Things are changing, bud.

Also, just in general, work on your flow. Insert airtime when it works, otherwise don't. You had some really unnecessary airtimes in there that really made it impossible for your track to get into a rhythm, and getting into a rhythm is what you're aiming for. If you can do it really well, music syncing is a snap, because your brain automatically puts stuff in the right place for music syncs :P
So yeah, you'll know when you get into a rhythm.

I agree with all that, but I might also it that its a neat track and not one of those lame short quirky tracks with techno music :facepalm:
good job
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:54 am

I really like how I'm being attacked for giving my opinion. I'll stick to what I said, oldf** coming through.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEmulation Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:05 am

I thought it was really good for being made in a week. Wish i knew how to do hand flings and such.
MrEmulation
MrEmulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:32 am

Inukaza wrote:oldf** coming through.

newf** xD, i respect your opinion, but as hedge said, things are changing buddy =/

good track, but its sloppy and has weak wells (i make tons of them Hehe so dont be ashamed 8D)
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:01 am

I didn't mean to ATTACK you D:
It just seems kinda silly to say "No matter what the situation is, doing ___ sucks", you know?
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 am

Hedge pretty much said everything 8D

Although I wowed @ the granual @ 1:39, I don't know why xD

You had some really nice stuff in there,
to make your wells stronger, try stacking wells!
(watch aspi's tutorial to find out what stacking is)
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down