We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider?

+16
Yobanjojoe
SethComposerGuy
Sheldon
theacp127
ScrungleBlumpkus
GhostY
Conundrumer
Opal Rider
Chuggers
Rafael
Fauxfyre
Helios Pavonine
.Iso
Getthim
mmtunligit
rabid squirrel
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider? Empty Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider?

Post by Conundrumer Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:14 pm

I have my own reasons, but I want to understand what drives everyone else.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider? Empty Re: Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider?

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Unfinished projects/ideas

Attachment to the community

Line Art

Deep roots in history of the game

The feeling of creating a world for Bosh to travel through
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider? Empty Re: Active track makers, why do you still play Line Rider?

Post by mmtunligit Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:49 pm

considering i just started up agian, probably community
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:46 pm

community

Line art

Fun
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by .Iso Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:48 pm

A casual game that I can make as complex as I choose. Not many games bring that to me.
.Iso
.Iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 pm

To realize the track I dream of.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:55 pm

1) HP got to it before me:
Helios Pavonine wrote:To realize the track I dream of.
2) But another big reason is comments like this on my tracks:
pure5152 wrote:
rarely do tracks give me tracks like this.  wow.  I don't really know what to say (no joke, I've literally spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what to type, and I'm still trying).  Track-wise, I couldn't ask for more.  The length was perfect, the track developed with the song, flow was dynamic, smooth.  Loved the beginning micro-manuquirk.  Great stuff.  And then there was that manual that reversed and then morphed into a flanual!! Ahhh, so good!  I replayed that part many times.  haha, just loads of fun watching your tracks.  They're always innovative in ways that are really unique to you.  Don't quite know why, but that's just how I feel.  Sad to see that this will be your last track, but glad to know you're not disappearing completely.  

It's been a good run, hasn't it?  I'm glad you had a lot of fun.  You've produced works to be proud of, and entertained many (including me).  I'll miss you.
Even just one comment like that makes all the time spent trackmaking feel worth it.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Shotoku wrote:1) HP got to it before me:
Helios Pavonine wrote:To realize the track I dream of.
2) But another big reason is comments like this on my tracks:
pure5152 wrote:
rarely do tracks give me tracks like this.  wow.  I don't really know what to say (no joke, I've literally spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what to type, and I'm still trying).  Track-wise, I couldn't ask for more.  The length was perfect, the track developed with the song, flow was dynamic, smooth.  Loved the beginning micro-manuquirk.  Great stuff.  And then there was that manual that reversed and then morphed into a flanual!! Ahhh, so good!  I replayed that part many times.  haha, just loads of fun watching your tracks.  They're always innovative in ways that are really unique to you.  Don't quite know why, but that's just how I feel.  Sad to see that this will be your last track, but glad to know you're not disappearing completely.  

It's been a good run, hasn't it?  I'm glad you had a lot of fun.  You've produced works to be proud of, and entertained many (including me).  I'll miss you.
Even just one comment like that makes all the time spent trackmaking feel worth it.
I feel exactly like that!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:59 pm

its a pretty good boredom killer
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:05 am

I play because of deep emotional roots to the game involving the divorce of my parents.
I play because I love this game.
I play because I have ideas that I as of yet do not have the skill level to pull off.
I play because I need to be obsessed with SOMETHING obscure, lest boredom kills me (killing/spiraling into self-destructive tendencies).
I play because I'm apparently rocketing on up in the skill league and it feels really good.
I play because of the euphoria produced in my brain as I make a track and see something beautiful.
I play for the complexity allowed in the game, building on such a simple concept. I am enamored with the anti-logic of that, such things attract me and fascinate me.
I play for reasons unknown.

Most of all? The community. You guys make me laugh, one time cry, and give me a place to vent. A place to grow as a person. Especially kevans, with whom I have had to LEARN to interact and with whom I now consider myself at least somewhat decent friends. I've always looked up to him.
Also, because Shotoku motivates me. <3
Because HG is like my best friend not in person. Actually, definitely so.
Because Kramwood is fun to experiment with in trackmaking, he is my idol and inspiration in the game, doing the things I only dreamed of before he even heard of this game.
Because Chuggers pisses me the fuck off due to his insane skill level and secretivity on the matters of his tracks.
Because rabid has a legacy.

Because it's one of the last things I can still hold on to since before mom left. I couldn't play until I forgave her. I was a promising young quirker back in the day, Smitsy can attest to that. But she deleted my tracks off of her computer when she wiped her hard drive when she took me with her to Georgia, 560 miles away from where I previously had lived. Two weeks later, I was back with dad, suddenly no longer homeschooled, suddenly no longer a linerider (no family computer), suddenly traumatized, suddenly having lost all music related to her.

It's part of what makes me, me.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:56 am

I think the answer for me is a little bit more simple than most people's elegantly worded pieces in this thread. I just feel like I haven't run out of ideas yet.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:08 am

Opal Rider wrote:I think the answer for me is a little bit more simple than most people's elegantly worded pieces in this thread. I just feel like I haven't run out of ideas yet.
I remember the days when everyone had the mindset of "everything has been done." We've come a long way, but we're only approaching the end of one path (technique). There is so much more to explore.

There is nothing like Line Rider.

It's not a game. It's more than just a toy. It's a highly constrained animation tool. It's a new medium of art. Don't you know? We're all artists, creating something so unique in this vast digital realm. How often do you get that opportunity and experience?

That's what drives me to keep Line Rider and the community moving forward.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 am

i don't actively play it currently but i'm definetly not done with it. in terms of track making my skill level is about 2011 quirk. it's exciting to know that if i just sit down and really spend time on this game i can get to the level people are now. also the evolution of linerider is a big deal for me currently because of the popularity of the first one, i feel like this one has the potential to be just as popular because its more of art and the world can connect with art more than a guy utilizing gravity glitches.

but most of all its definitely the community that keeps me here. when i first started linerider some of my best friends were via internet through linerider. its really cool to come to a place where people appreciate you and are happy to see you. after creating IS its like i know i can make a track even better, i just need to find the right time and be in the right mood. but i do feel like i will make another large project at some point Smile
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:53 am

It really does still have so many paths to take.
Mandlebrot fractal video game confirmed.
Math line-art confirmed.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:33 am

:bump: (I just noticed this topic and really wanted to post in it)

I play because of the artistry of movement and aesthetic design capable while keeping a nice flow going. I will be in school and just doodle line rider tracks all over my notes while imagining what would cause rotation, speed, and what looks nice. Sometimes I'll just sit and replay a 1.5 part of a track like 100 times over and over if looks particularly smooth or has an elegance in movement. 

I also really love the community here since it has been around a long time and even with a decline is not content with falling apart. I've seen other communities like minecraft server communities fall apart even through Minecraft is still way more popular than Line Rider probably ever was just because there wasn't a strong backbone of dedicated players.

The final reason I play is that the game isn't really even a game to me. It's a tool that can be used to express any emotion, feeling, story, movement, etc. in a slow steady way that is so relaxing in the process and so rewarding when completed. The more I play, the better I become at putting together my own experience that I can share here, and here especially since most people wouldn't be able to read deeper than just seeing another track. Most people here can really see the effort and vision in even the most simple of tracks.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:31 am

I have an obsessive personality,
and I love the community.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:45 am

I took a big break from linerider after feeling burned out from making tracks and feeling pressure of trying to constantly top myself even after running out of ideas for new'ish and cool looking tricks. I came back because I missed the community here, and I'm feeling a bit more inspired to start creating again.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:52 am

Wouldn't have a clue
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:18 am

Sheldon wrote:I have an obsessive personality,

QFT
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Dapianokid wrote:

QFT
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:52 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:
QFT
plus I like line rider
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:56 pm

efrazable wrote:
roflmaoqwerty wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:
QFT
plus I like line rider
indeed and drawing
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Getthim wrote:
efrazable wrote:
roflmaoqwerty wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:
QFT
plus I like line rider
indeed and drawing

I doubt this is what conun had in mind in asking.

Let me add that I have found it to be the perfect outlet in the past year and a great place to grow and learn as a person.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Conundrumer wrote:
Opal Rider wrote:I think the answer for me is a little bit more simple than most people's elegantly worded pieces in this thread. I just feel like I haven't run out of ideas yet.
I remember the days when everyone had the mindset of "everything has been done." We've come a long way, but we're only approaching the end of one path (technique). There is so much more to explore.

There is nothing like Line Rider.

It's not a game. It's more than just a toy. It's a highly constrained animation tool. It's a new medium of art. Don't you know? We're all artists, creating something so unique in this vast digital realm. How often do you get that opportunity and experience?

That's what drives me to keep Line Rider and the community moving forward.
Still accurate and relevant.

Fauxfyre wrote:2) But another big reason is comments like this on my tracks:
pure5152 wrote:

Shotoku played Line Rider to feel validated for his efforts. No wonder he left so many times. Sorvius was the same way. Don't be like them.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:13 pm

I play because it's soothing. I can put on a show I like, and just relax by playing it for a while. Mindless playing. Really shows in my tracks, I think. No direction most of the time. Half of my tracks are just my mindless drawing of lines that got to be around a normal released track length. The other half are me falling in love with a song and actually trying to make something I am proud of. 

But yeah. Mostly just relaxing.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next