Sorry for the lapse in newsletters. I was going through a difficult time both on the forums and in "real life". I've scaled back on a lot of responsibilities but I've ultimately decided to keep doing the newsletter. So here's one that covers the last 3 months or so.
- We have officially migrated our chat and community livestream from Livestream.com to Twitch.tv! One of the benefits of this is that if you follow us on twitch you can get an email anytime the channel goes live. Check out the WeRideTheLines Twitch Channel and the new Livestream Master Thread.
- Heta 2 came out! The largest compilation of tracks ever, clocking in at over 42 minutes, and recorded and edited fabulously by @OTDE!
- We have five new featured movies!
Clarifaction Scened by The CSP
Funk by @OTDE
Changeling by @SPL4SHZ0N3 and .boo/@LineMagiX
Mt. Olyxmpus by .boo/@LineMagiX
Assault by @Lukking and @Sheldon
- Longtime administrators @Wolf_Spirit and @ACwazHere have retired. See more here.
- Assault by @Lukking and @Sheldon - A massive heavyweight of a quirk, featuring a jaw-dropping animation section in the middle.
- Don't Worry, We'll Keep in Touch by @gaoyubao - Gao experiments with his more methodical side, with an omnitrack with a section for each contact point.
- The Sketchbook Sessions by @shua - A strange and quirk experimental track by shua
- Aria by @OTDE - An experiment with ambience by OTDE
- And/or by @Pawel3, @gaoyubao, and @Chui Ninji - An XY with lots of integration and an impressive lack of green lines.
- Hummingbird by @shua - a manuquirk experiment with an editing idea
- Colorblind by @rabid squirrel - a music synced flatsled made in LRA
- One Day highspeed by @Anton - a highspeed track made in LRA, syncs to the color playback reversal as well as the normal track video.
- I'm New by @Rie - An XY by the newest new guy on the site.
- Voting is underway for the Weirdest Track Contest 2 - go vote for your favorite weird track!
- Congrats to @Z_N-Freak and @Wolf_Spirit for winning the Hidden Track Competition!
- The results video for Upwards Low Linecount Maze Contest is coming soon. It has been delayed due to OTDE starting college...
- Phunky (the current Community Scenery Project) is very nearly finished. Once it is finished, there are plans in place for the launch of another project.
- If you're looking for a low-key WCC collab, check out the Relaxing Collab or the No Flatsledding Collab.
- Conundrumer has released a Preview for LineOnline! It features .sol import, live scrubbing, line manipulation, live updating, and a lot of very exciting-looking greyed-out tools.
- The newest Line Rider: Advanced Alpha (r1.31) is out! The music sync was broken for a time with r1.3 but is now fixed. Backend stuff and little fixes here and there make up the majority of the update, but one of the new features is momentum vectors. Also, some of the most-complained-about keyboard controls have been changed to mimic beta 2 more closely (M, backspace)
- IT'S STILL COMING!!!!!
- shua is making a sequel to Marble Soda (As of August)
- Chuggers is making stuff (As of September)
- Summoning is making stuff
- Anton is making stuff (as of September)
- iPi is still working on his awesome thing (as of August)
- Pawel is making something (As of September)
- HP is making something
- Getthim is getting close to finishing a thing (As of August)
- Benwubbleyou is making quirk with LineOnline (As of September)
- Xanth is making stuff (As of September)
- TheRevTastic is making something (As of September)
Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
- I'm the artsy guy round here
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum