We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Confession Thread

+52
JealousCloud
Morgan
rich
austin4evr
FlagCapper
Noname219
Kohuda
shammies
Rie
SPL4SHZ0N3
Lankher
BenWubbleyou
Votale
pure5152
Sheldon
GhostY
iPi
Ph0enix
Conundrumer
Wizzy
Blesshiscottonsocks
weebit
Rafael
Apple
Pawel3
anton
crash2burn
Wolf_Spirit
Z_N-Freak
Mikeee7787
roflmaoqwerty
hypothet
theacp127
Commandercoke
mmtunligit
gaoyubao
WTB
OTDE
Getthim
Chuggers
ScrungleBlumpkus
efrazable
[senpai] kevans
SethComposerGuy
RyderLR
rabid squirrel
Fauxfyre
Yobanjojoe
Opal Rider
Lukking
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
56 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Line Rider Confession Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by iPi Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:27 am

roflmaoqwerty wrote:you know your standards are too high when you're making 20 frames of track per hour of work

enjoy my comeback track coming late 2022
Same here. I feel like I'm doing cool new stuff in my latest project right now, but I fear it will take so long to complete that by the time it comes out, everyone will have already done the stuff I've done and my track will no longer be new and original.
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:37 pm

^this is a problem I have had more times than you know
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:31 am

i've been wanting to continue a project i started in the spring, but i'm too lazy to go to the localhost folder to rename to savedLines
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 am

LRA is wizardry
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:17 am

I think I will always like the UI design of 6.2 better than anything else, just because it feels familiar and I used it for so long. And I feel guilty for that.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:49 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I feel guilty for that.

Me too. I felt uncomfortable about switching to 3.4. I don't know how well I'll transition into Advanced.

It makes everything so easy and it scares me that "...when everyone is super, no one will be" (Syndrome - The Incredibles). Remember the 10 years of crazy work to get to where we are today? I'm afraid that it was almost worthless. I worry that all the last 7 years of me playing this game have been a waste and now with LRA, I can do anything that anyone else can do. The time and effort that Dap put into one stack, I can do instantly and without even really putting any effort into it. All of the work that we have put into getting better was worthless. I want to be working towards something. I don't want to be the best so I can learn and get better from others. I am afraid that LRA will take all of that away and make everybody the same. I don't see any fun in that. But apparently I am the only one that doesn't really like the sound of it.

Also, there is a good chance that the reason I resent it like this is just because I can't get it yet. I may take it all back soon. But that's the only way I can think of it right now.

Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:32 pm

shua wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:I feel guilty for that.

Me too. I felt uncomfortable about switching to 3.4. I don't know how well I'll transition into Advanced.

It makes everything so easy and it scares me that "...when everyone is super, no one will be" (Syndrome - The Incredibles). Remember the 10 years of crazy work to get to where we are today? I'm afraid that it was almost worthless. I worry that all the last 7 years of me playing this game have been a waste and now with LRA, I can do anything that anyone else can do. The time and effort that Dap put into one stack, I can do instantly and without even really putting any effort into it. All of the work that we have put into getting better was worthless. I want to be working towards something. I don't want to be the best so I can learn and get better from others. I am afraid that LRA will take all of that away and make everybody the same. I don't see any fun in that. But apparently I am the only one that doesn't really like the sound of it.

Also, there is a good chance that the reason I resent it like this is just because I can't get it yet. I may take it all back soon. But that's the only way I can think of it right now.

The question is-- where do we draw the line on what makes the game too easy? People said hit test was too easy, setting the slomo was too easy, people right now say contact points make the game too easy. Do we have to use 6.1 to escape any idea of Line Rider being too easy?

If you play Line Rider like it's a game to be beaten, then these things make the "game" easier for sure. But really, more than anything, it's a canvas for art-- communicating ideas and concepts. So if we're likening Line Rider to any other medium in which art is made, we have to consider these additions to simply be additional instruments, tools we can use to convey our ideas more fluidly. Funspiration wouldn't exist without the pause trick, and I feel like that one would have been heavily debated back in the day. The more tools we add to our arsenal, the more cool stuff we can make, and I think that's something to be excited for! Very Happy

<3
OTDE
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Making the game easier only widens the possibilities. I just watched this video about DJing, but it applies for LRA as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHZVC1BvqI
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:46 pm

shua wrote:The time and effort that Dap put into one stack, I can do instantly and without even really putting any effort into it.
Dap wouldn't have been able to get so good without the tools in 3.4.x, have you seen how he abuses the hell out of them?

Change like this is tricky and almost always feels scary and weird, but usually for the better because it widens the possibilities of what we can create. This has been happening ever since mhenr released 6.3 in, what was that, 2009? We still had quirkers who didn't want to upgrade from 6.1 because they were used to the old (and way the hell slower and more complex) way of doing superzoom, lol.

It's important to keep in mind that this does not invalidate the work of the past. Someone being the first to do something with more primitive tools usually hold far more influence than someone doing that same thing with advanced tools years later. Dap still looks up to quirkers of the past even if he can do some stuff better than they could, with the newer, more advanced tools.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:57 pm

I have a few finished tracks that I don't want to publish because, by today's standards, they are pretty "meh," and I don't feel as proud of them as before.

Switching to a Mac has also made it more difficult to record and edit finished tracks, which is another barrier to publishing more tracks.

I also feel uninspired because of the poor reception my recent tracks are getting (don't worry, this is really my problem).

(On a side note, I still use Line Rider rev 6.7, and I don't plan on switching haha).
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 pm

I am afraid my comming work will be frowned upon as I owe alot of my progression to LRA. I don't want people to look at my work and be unimpressed because I used LRA. I also worry the community will be split into two, the ones against LRA and the ones for it.

I am afraid my recent obsession with this game will cause difficulty making new friends when I start high school in two days, and I am afraid Line Rider will distract me and ruin my priorities.

I am afraid I'll never be able to make something that can be described with anything other than "dude, you're improving"

I sitll don't know what the community wants to see and what they like, and I absolutly hate that. Every time I release a track I feel like I am holding my breath untill I recieve positive feedback.

But I also worry that people get too hung up with the fact that I am new and as a result don't give my tracks the critisism and negative feedback they need and deserve. I don't want people to say nice things just because I am new. It doesn't help in the long run. This doesn't just apply to my tracks. I hate the thought of people giving feedback based on the player and not the track.

Last one; I am afraid I will continue the super fast progression and as a result become cocky or ignorant. But let's face it, I am pretty awesome already and I will overthrow the LRLs and win all the holy shoes and make the dankest shit in the whole fucking world.
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:45 pm

I don't like using LRA because I'm so used to 3.4 :/
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:23 pm

WRTL is by a large stretch my most visited website, nothing else comes close

https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11254-your-browsing-history-sorted-by-top-sites#179283

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:53 am

I only use 6.6

#fuckthesystem
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:07 am

pure5152 wrote:Switching to a Mac has also made it more difficult to record and edit finished tracks, which is another barrier to publishing more tracks.
me and otde got ya covered if you send stuff our way
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:52 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
pure5152 wrote:Switching to a Mac has also made it more difficult to record and edit finished tracks, which is another barrier to publishing more tracks.
me and otde got ya covered if you send stuff our way
And don't forget me over here. D:
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 am

Bosh has smaller eyes in LRA and it creeps me out.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Dap wouldn't have been able to get so good without the tools in 3.4.x, have you seen how he abuses the hell out of them?
This is completely true. I play VERY fast, as well, because of kevan's ease of use aspects to his builds. It sounds like the tapping of Osu! when I get into it.
Rupert Squishle wrote:
We still had quirkers who didn't want to upgrade from 6.1 because they were used to the old (and way the hell slower and more complex) way of doing superzoom, lol.
*cough* Lankher *cough*
Rothstein Slumpheart wrote:
Dap still looks up to quirkers of the past even if he can do some stuff better than they could, with the newer, more advanced tools.
QFTQFTQFTQFTQFTQFTQFTQFTQFTQFQFTQFT
This is so true! AH yes. I would like to point out the simple truth that I see this game as a developing art tool, believe it or not. We have barely scratched the surface of what can be possible with just lines. We're not changing much of anything in the way of playback that matters. These new tools just make it easier to explore the art medium!!! I am getting such a kick out of this ease of use.

however, Shua, these stacks are still a bit too complicated to make in an instant and I (confession everybody already knows about time) pride myself in that to a great extent. I want to be the guy who had "primitive tools" of the now so that people down the road looking at this game see me as the IGGB of my generation. That's why I try to push the limits
And I hate that everybody is switching to LRA because without my familiar keyboard controls, I cannot work fast Angry

Last edited by Dapianokid on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:21 pm

If Boo didn't die i probably wouldn't have checked back here for another few months, if ever.

I already lost my reignited passion for LR that LRA brought, but I'm glad I'm here again regardless of how much I play (I just wish what I said in the first sentence wasnt necessary for that)

Last edited by Fauxfyre on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BenWubbleyou Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:19 pm

I am really narcissistic and will watch my tracks over and over. I have probably watched Get Off My Lawn more than everyone else combined.

I also feel like I have to prove myself in this community because I have never been good at anything.
BenWubbleyou
BenWubbleyou

Vancity

http://vimeo.com/vwcreativeco

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:53 pm

I am more proud of Colorblind than I was of Driftwood or Archaeology
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:53 pm

BenWubbleyou wrote:I am really narcissistic and will watch my tracks over and over. I have probably watched Get Off My Lawn more than everyone else combined.

I also feel like I have to prove myself in this community because I have never been good at anything.

I relate to that. I watch my tracks over and over as well, but not quite for the same reason. I try to look and see what needs to be worked on and make sure I make the best track I can. I believe that I have proven myself so far and shown that I have improved much since I first came to the site, but I do want to increase my skills to the point that others can hardly find anything to critique skill wise.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:53 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:enjoy my comeback track coming late 2022
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:45 pm

HG42 wrote:
roflmaoqwerty wrote:enjoy my comeback track coming late 2022
you already made a comeback track you silly goose
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:03 pm

I invented XY fling quirk as a style solely based on insane technique so that nobody else could attain it and I would be crowned king of XY
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next