Line Rider Confession Thread

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Line Rider Confession Thread

Post by efrazable on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm

A fill tool would pretty much have me set for life in terms of LR.

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:41 pm

I already have a track plan that I would literally drop everything to work on if a fill tool was added xD

hell, this is a confession thread right? Here's a confession. I have literally 3 hours of planned line rider track material. And I kinda know I'm almost certainly never going to complete it all but I just can't get myself to acknowledge that.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Now that the eden series is done, I have absolutely no idea where to go from here

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:19 pm

@Helios Pavonine wrote:Now that the eden series is done, I have absolutely no idea where to go from here

make a track with only a few boing bongs and a bunch of loopy-doopies

By which I mean, I would die if you made another manual track Smile

Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 pm

I've been thinking I should be LRL since the release of Jam
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:45 pm

I really want to get a feature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 pm

I can't do flings

Spoiler:
weebit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Almost every track I ever worked on was cut short due to to impatience. Usually regretted it a few days after posting to youtube. Not really a confession, you can blatantly see it in most of the videos.
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

@Rafael wrote:I've been thinking I should be LRL since the release of Jam

I don't  think I should be LRL, but I do know believe I am a legend. 8D There's a difference to me

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Since the release of Funspiration I've been totally demotivated to work on my animation project. It frustrates me that I set my mind to it first, but because I wanted to introduce it in a spectacular way someone else introduced it before me in one section and gets all the praise in the world. Every time someone praises Funspiration, or even tries animation, I get more demotivated because the praise I may get when I finish my project is a fraction of the praise I would've gotten if Funspiration hadn't been released. Ironically (and as a cherry on top), the animation section in Funspiration was inspired by myself.

I thought I had learnt to make tracks with intrinsic motivation but apparantly I am still more motivated by praise than by a drive to express creativity. It makes me question whether playing LR is still worth it.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:20 pm

@Rafael wrote:Since the release of Funspiration I've been totally demotivated to work on my animation project. It frustrates me that I set my mind to it first, but because I wanted to introduce it in a spectacular way someone else introduced it before me in one section and gets all the praise in the world. Every time someone praises Funspiration, or even tries animation, I get more demotivated because the praise I may get when I finish my project is a fraction of the praise I would've gotten if Funspiration hadn't been released. Ironically (and as a cherry on top), the animation section in Funspiration was inspired by myself.

I thought I had learnt to make tracks with intrinsic motivation but apparently I am still more motivated by praise than by a drive to express creativity. It makes me question whether playing LR is still worth it.

Part of why I became inactive for awhile is I felt like I didn't quite get the praise I thought I deserved on my previous tracks. As for animation scenery, I'm sorry you feel demotivated to work on your track, however I feel like I've only scraped the surface of animation scenery, and you still have the potential to raise that bar to a whole new level. I really do want to see what you come up with, but seriously, have fun with it.

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:52 pm

@SethComposerGuy wrote:
@Rafael wrote:Since the release of Funspiration I've been totally demotivated to work on my animation project. It frustrates me that I set my mind to it first, but because I wanted to introduce it in a spectacular way someone else introduced it before me in one section and gets all the praise in the world. Every time someone praises Funspiration, or even tries animation, I get more demotivated because the praise I may get when I finish my project is a fraction of the praise I would've gotten if Funspiration hadn't been released. Ironically (and as a cherry on top), the animation section in Funspiration was inspired by myself.

I thought I had learnt to make tracks with intrinsic motivation but apparently I am still more motivated by praise than by a drive to express creativity. It makes me question whether playing LR is still worth it.

Part of why I became inactive for awhile is I felt like I didn't quite get the praise I thought I deserved on my previous tracks. As for animation scenery, I'm sorry you feel demotivated to work on your track, however I feel like I've only scraped the surface of animation scenery, and you still have the potential to raise that bar to a whole new level. I really do want to see what you come up with, but seriously, have fun with it.
I agree with Seth, he only scratched the surface and that there are lots of way to go about doing it and he only did a basic animation but since it was the first (that i know of) it have had a wide spread hype, but as more people do it and better quality animations come about, seth's funspiration would only be a meh (no offence Seth). so keep up with it, i'm rooting for you and you never know, you may get the biggest praise yet.

@Sheldon wrote:one does not simply teach a scener how to quirk

Hello Guest, lovely to see you.
Getthim

Muggle dragon born

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:04 pm

I thought I had learnt to make tracks with intrinsic motivation but apparantly I am still more motivated by praise than by a drive to express creativity. It makes me question whether playing LR is still worth it.

You're not alone there. I was making something very similar to Funspiration when it came out. Still am. Almost done now. But if I release it, it will not be looked at as something I made. It will just be looked at as something that is a ripoff of Funspiration. I don't think I lost motivation when I realized it wouldn't be getting the praise it would have gotten if Funspiration were to be released after instead of before, but rather when I realized that nobody will see it for what it really is. I thought it was great and I still do, but when I release it, nobody will see it as mine. They will see it as me trying to be cool and trying to follow in SCG's shoes.

Funspiration is probably my favorite track to date. It inspired me to play more, and at the same time, halted almost all progress on what I think is my best track ever. So I've been trying to do little other tracks until I can get back into the groove of things and realize that people will still appreciate it. Because I'm sure they will, but I just don't believe that yet. If that makes sense.

Apple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:56 pm

My opinion: The animation in funspiration is the eqiuvalent of what I see myself doing in XY and with Kramuals and glitchquirk; we've barely scratched the surface. His way of doing it is what makes it so accessible.

I miss the times when people would copy another person's new trick solely on the basis of being able to say "I can do it too!" because I have made so many new things I wish other people would try out just as a tip of the hat to me

Interior Crocodile Alligator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:29 pm

shua wrote:

You're not alone there. I was making something very similar to Funspiration when it came out. Still am. Almost done now. But if I release it, it will not be looked at as something I made. It will just be looked at as something that is a ripoff of Funspiration. I don't think I lost motivation when I realized it wouldn't be getting the praise it would have gotten if Funspiration were to be released after instead of before, but rather when I realized that nobody will see it for what it really is. I thought it was great and I still do, but when I release it, nobody will see it as mine. They will see it as me trying to be cool and trying to follow in SCG's shoes.

Funspiration is probably my favorite track to date. It inspired me to play more, and at the same time, halted almost all progress on what I think is my best track ever. So I've been trying to do little other tracks until I can get back into the groove of things and realize that people will still appreciate it. Because I'm sure they will, but I just don't believe that yet. If that makes sense.

I completely understand all of what is said here. I would feel the same way. I believe that what shua is saying about how he is afraid people will not see it for what it is, hits the nail on the head. It's not necessarily just about the praise I imagine, rather about the piece of art being misunderstood. It's difficult to make art just for yourself, if that were the case we wouldn't be sharing our tracks with other people in the first place. We like to see what other people think and it's of course nice to get some compliments and I think you would still get plenty of compliments if you'd release your track Raf, it's just that people might misunderstand and think that you took the idea from SCG. To be honest, if you had released it soon after, I don't think that would've happened, as it should be obvious this stuff takes time and dedication, but I digress.

To put things in perspective, everybody knows Edison from the light bulb, but he actually didn't invent it. A bunch of other light bulbs already existed and he created the ones that people started using. And who actually invented the light bulb? I don't know (not that we would ever forget SCG ofcourse Wink )

I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to state something along the lines of "animation created prior to release of Funspiration" in the credits. Just get motivated again and release that track, I can't wait to see it!

s: 85.516
t: 106 / 235
u: 2015100514
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:34 pm

I have been Line Rider-free for 3 days now.

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Raf and shua, I skimmed over your comments and I have some input. First of all, I want to say that I'm really glad that this thread that I started off as kind of a joke is being used as a way to get things off your chest. Smile It's kind of touching actually.

Now on the issue, (@Raf) I understand your struggle. I have kind of a metaphor that might help with your lack confidence of working on your track. You know how most artists, like van gogh were never considered genius while they were living? And how their art didn't sell for millions of dollars until hundreds of years after it was created? Well this is kind of the same scenario. Lately, people tend to go crazy about an idea that is BRAND NEW and they instantly flip out when they see flashy stuff (bad wording, not hating on anyone) and give them the first recognition.

But.. Think of your all time favorite tracks and how old they are. Personally, to me, my favorites are stuff like Fluid Karma, Anchor,  and Neon/Krypton (Deleted Recap tracks). None of these tracks had mindblowingly new ideas and are very underrated (nobody went crazy when they were first released either). But to me, they have all stood the test of time and are among the greatest.

So what I'm saying is that even if nobody comments in all caps about how your idea is so original right when it comes out, your track can still be amazing enough to really hit home with somebody and be their favorite if you put your all into your idea! Thumbs Up

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:36 am

HG42 wrote:I have been Line Rider-free for 3 days now.
been 4 for me

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:56 pm

I play Line Rider because Bosh is my only friend Sad
And he never talks... Most of the conversations we have are.. very one-sided.
On the bright side we never have any arguments.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:13 am

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:I play Line Rider because Bosh is my only friend Sad
And he never talks... Most of the conversations we have are.. very one-sided.
On the bright side we never have any arguments.

Heh, I have one sided arguments with him all the time.

"You freaking survive this kramual or I'm going to throw you into a black hole of pencil lines."
Apple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks for the thoughts.
There's some truth in the statement that fear of being misunderstood is greater than fear of not getting the praise we expect, although those fears are related. I feel more motivated already! Although it doesn't matter right now since I'll be spending my holidays on becoming a better DJ/producer :P

This is one of those reasons I love this community and internet as a medium in general Smile Sometimes you just have to write things down for people to understand you and to get some understanding of your problems yourself.
<3
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:28 am

you know your standards are too high when you're making 20 frames of track per hour of work

enjoy my comeback track coming late 2022

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 am

shua wrote:I think Line Rider Advanced makes the game to easy.
It's about to get even easier

EDIT: I wrote a long paragraph but I put an emoji at the end of that sentence up there ^^^ and then this forum nuked my comment

Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:00 am

I have lost my taste for the insane gravity tricks and stuck to manuals and keeping the track moving rather...(I've still been making tracks, just never finishing and posting them...)

Ph0enix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top