We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream)

4 posters

Go down

Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream) Empty Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream)

Post by hypothet Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Everyone has a strong point when it comes to making tracks. If I listed off certain features of a track, you might notice those elements you’re really good at, whether it be manuals, flings, high-speed quirk, alt quirk, scening, or even more abstract elements such as “flow” or “control” or “organization”. You may have also noticed that there were more than a few that you want to improve on.

That’s where the LR Community Workshop comes in. You get to have the chance to see other people display their strong points and explain them, or you can be on the stream yourself and show other people how you work.

While I’d like to make this idea actually work, it can’t happen yet.

Here are some things that I’ll have to work out:
• Streaming/Thread Organizer (I may not be available all the time to do this)
• Guests/Substitutes
• Streaming schedules (as well as the time and day of the week, also figuring out a reasonable time interval)
• Length of stream (30 minutes, 1 hour, etc.)
• Suggestions from you. Feedback. Post things below and insert your opinion. Typing. On the keyboard. In this thread. Thanks.

And additional guest requirements:
• Communication via chat/mic (interchangeable, but you need at least one method)
o Implies that you will be explaining what you are doing; it is a workshop, after all
• Stable or semi-stable connection to stream
• A strong point (i.e. you have to tell us what you’re good at)
• A strong point (i.e. it is agreed upon that you actually have that strong point)
o Probably not going to be a problem, but this was necessary to add due to how controversial the abstract subjects tend to be
• Arrange in advance for the decided-upon schedule/notify us if any problems come up

Other thoughts:
• Because it’s a workshop, people watching should feel open to ask questions
• Guests are open to work on whatever portion of a track they feel would be beneficial to the workshop
• What track elements do you want to get better at?

TL;DR: Read the above.

Last edited by HG42 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:33 am; edited 6 times in total
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream) Empty Re: Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream)

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Dibs on all Y

My streaming is usually 15s off-live, I hope that's not too much of an issue. I got a headset with a mic and tested it yesterday and it seemed fine.

My schedule is usually free anytime except 9AM-12PM weekday mornings.

EDIT IN RESPONSE TO HG'S EDIT: I would personally like a workshop from Sheldon or Chuggers on uberstacks

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream) Empty Re: Line Rider Community Workshop (Livestream)

Post by hypothet Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Um. Bump?
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 am

Bump. ;-;
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:46 am

Don't think it would work as a stream, it would be pretty hard to get people to watch. Videos would be good in the long run, and if there are questions, response videos would be a thing

Shotoku wrote:I would personally like a workshop from Sheldon or Chuggers on uberstacks

Just wait for my master class giga mega tutorial series
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:55 am

I like this idea if we adopt a sledcast format - everything the same except instead of asking questions about the person it's like, a person teaches everyone stuff. I'd be willing to run it if I have time.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down