We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

+48
Summoning
Sssschiller
Commandercoke
StingReay
shammies
Wolf_Spirit
gaoyubao
OTDE
theacp127
roflmaoqwerty
Ph0enix
crash2burn
Fauxfyre
LineMagiX
Stallie
GhostY
Binglinerider
WishLine
Chuggers
Yobanjojoe
NachoGrande96
KillinTime2792
CamQuartr
automatizer
Hedgehogs4Me
Rafael
RyderLR
Vermillion
Kohuda
TeamBlast
I_Vermillion
Votale
Blesshiscottonsocks
14mRh4X0r
darklight
Conundrumer
[senpai] kevans
Opal Rider
efrazable
Cereal
Sheldon
Wizzy
rabid squirrel
Helios Pavonine
TheRevTastic
hypothet
Derpinator
mhenr18
52 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 7 Empty Re: Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

Post by CamQuartr Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Um mhenr...

On my iMac (i5-750 2.66Ghz Quadcore, 4 gigs of Ram, 2560x1440, 10.7.2, and I only have about 500 gigs of my 1TB harddrive left!) I get 40FPS using the fullscreen function on 6.7 with over 2,000 lines

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 7 Empty Re: Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

Post by mhenr18 Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:23 pm

CamQuartr wrote:Um mhenr...

On my iMac (i5-750 2.66Ghz Quadcore, 4 gigs of Ram, 2560x1440, 10.7.2, and I only have about 500 gigs of my 1TB harddrive left!) I get 40FPS using the fullscreen function on 6.7 with over 2,000 lines

it might have something to do with me being used to unleashed, which is so much smoother and nicer.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 pm

my non-mac (4GB ram, nothing else is particuarly relevent) played kramwoods universe track (2500 or so lines i think) at 40fps, but that was on a 1920*1080 display.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:23 am

ITT - Fools being fools.

Christ some of you people are stuck up, to reiterate my point - if you dont like:

Less lag
New features (optional, nobody is forcing you to use line types)
Less crashing
Less corrupted files
Quicker load times
Smoother playback
Cross platform support
Easy and accessible track files
Major opportunity to revive the game from its current slump
Video export
Masses of other improvements and such

Then seriously, you can go to hell with your head so stuck up your own arse. If you dont like it stop complaining and get off your fat arse and learn to do it yourself.
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NachoGrande96 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:34 am

Just out of curiosity, where is the latest release of this? I tried searching through the thread with no results, although I'm not sure if I just missed it while trying to skim past all the debating over new features... :/
NachoGrande96
NachoGrande96

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:51 am

Blesshiscottonsocks wrote:Then seriously, you can go to hell with your head so stuck up your own arse.
This is flaming.

Also, I can tell from your post that you didn't actually read what I said.
NachoGrande96 wrote:Just out of curiosity, where is the latest release of this? I tried searching through the thread with no results, although I'm not sure if I just missed it while trying to skim past all the debating over new features... :/
Unreleased as of now. there will be a new thread when it is, promise.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 am

Why is there so much hate in these threads? Just let the people do their jobs.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 am

FXAA is working! Very Happy
Next step is rewriting my render method so that I draw Bosh in realtime and don't just use textures that I exported from Flash. That way I get far nicer antialiasing - this FXAA stuff is awesome.

After that, I'm working on playback functions (rewind, ff, scrubbing, etc).

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 am

Hurrrrrrrrrrrry Im anxious :P
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Yobanjojoe wrote:Why is there so much hate in these threads? Just let the people do their jobs.

Because people really want it specifically to their exact needs instead of the communities.

Here something that should clear things up for those who seem to hate what they don't want.

If you don't like it, don't use it. And I'm not leaving it at that. Lets use 6.7 as an example, and the styles people commonly use. Lets say that XY become mainstream, and for some paradoxical reason, we just discovered the XY snap. So most of the community does XY. But you don't, why? Because you don't like it. Now, is anyone forcing you to make an XY? No. Do a lot of people want to do it? Yes. Is the XY snap usefull to some? Yes. Does that mean you HAVE to use it because it's there? No. Same thing goes with these new features for C/V3. Some people thing Frame scrubbing is a fabulous idea, and some don't. No one is making you use it, it's there for those who want it.

Spoiler:

So why do you people (who are hating) say that they won't use these new versions because one itty bitty little feature is going to rape and [censored] all over the spirit of line rider and make it it's biatch? :|
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:47 pm

kevansevans wrote:So why do you people (who are hating) say that they won't use these new versions because one itty bitty little feature is going to rape and [censored] all over the spirit of line rider and make it it's biatch? :|
quote one person in this thread who said that.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:15 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:So why do you people (who are hating) say that they won't use these new versions because one itty bitty little feature is going to rape and [censored] all over the spirit of line rider and make it it's biatch? :|

Rafael wrote: The reason I don't like the idea of double sided lines is BECAUSE they have so much potential and will completely change the game (and for me, ruin it). >___>
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

kevansevans wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:So why do you people (who are hating) say that they won't use these new versions because one itty bitty little feature is going to rape and [censored] all over the spirit of line rider and make it it's biatch? Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 7 581354
Rafael wrote:they won't use these new versions because one itty bitty little feature
is going to rape and [censored] all over the spirit of line rider and
make it it's biatch? Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 7 581354
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Guys, chill. We have scrubbing in LR now.

(obviously there will be a proper UI for it, this is just me getting it working)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49905412/Screen%20Recording%207.mov

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:15 am

mhenr18 wrote:Guys, chill. We have scrubbing in LR now.

(obviously there will be a proper UI for it, this is just me getting it working)

hot damn.
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:28 am

mhenr18 wrote:Guys, chill. We have scrubbing in LR now.

I already pretty much know the workings and plans of this project, but even then, god damn that's really jaw dropping
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 am

That's amazingly cool. If you let him fall for a while (or sit in a stall for a while) after the track is done, will the scrubbing mechanism treat the falling like it's part of a track?

I'm also surprised there aren't any complaints about the line style in edit mode (personally, I like it, since it makes the design for the 2-sided lines actually make sense, but some people seem to think that changing stuff in Line Rider is like changing stuff in a running nuclear powerplant :P).

Also, parentheses make up like 50% of this post (I do that a lot nowadays, it seems).

EDIT: Also, you might want to change the design of the 1-sided-line square thingy to reflect on what they actually look like, if you're keeping 'em like that.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 am

Hedge and I just had a massive discussion about the behaviour of the scrubber on MSN - it's all sorted. I won't delve into it now, and I'll let the beta testers enjoy it when this hits beta.

As for the line style, I haven't updated the graphics because I'm still toying with the colours - once I finalise that then I'll update the graphics. No point in wasting time.

edit: also for those of you wondering why the FPS fluctuates so much in the editor, immediately after a line is added I create a second thread and have it calculate all of the frames for the track in advance so that I don't have to waste time during playback doing it. the thread creation takes time so in the future I'll be keeping the thread around at all times and signalling it when I need it to do work, which will remove the fluctuations)

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am

8D
KEVEDIT: I just though of this, can there be a toggle feature for controlling how much is scrubbed?

Last edited by kevansevans on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Random person visiting the site wrote:
Everyone on the forum wrote:
mhenr18 wrote:"hey guys, we have scrubbing in LR now.

*insert video of scrubbing*"

ZOMG NERDGASM!

dafaque?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 7 Screen%20Shot%202012-02-04%20at%2011.51.58%20PM

There's my finalised line types.

From left to right, there's double sided standard lines, single sided standard lines, double sided acceleration lines, single sided acceleration lines, scenery lines, guide lines (visible in editor, not in simulation, useful for planning - they also have a special snap behaviour and when you mouse over them they also display their length) and control lines. Control lines are used to control playback, so if you want to automate zooming in and out, going into slow motion, anything like that during playback, you can use them.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Gotta say, that looks pretty beast. Looking out to play with this version apart from the original Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm

The only big problem I can foresee is the color. It's incredibly distracting for me, and I love the black lines over whatever color in beta 2, because it's easier to focus.

However, I understand that black would not be ideal.

Therefore, would it be too much to ask if you could dim the colors down slightly?

Would it even look good with my suggestion?

Thanks for this either way. :P

--HG
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by NachoGrande96 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Personally I like the colored lines, it makes it a bit easier to tell the lines apart in edit mode when the entire line is blue, and not just the bit beneath the line. Maybe that's just me though.
NachoGrande96
NachoGrande96

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:08 pm

"Control lines" eh? Weird how it's the same color as trap door in B3. :P

I'm looking forward to this.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next