We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!!

+39
Nirobi
linerage
Purtle
LineRiderGjert
MartinJulenissen
Kohuda
EAwazHere
JoaTrades
Kayped
Georgio_jc
Z_N-Freak
Hedgehogs4Me
TeamBlast
ZxGjReP
crash2burn
FlagCapper
doneyear
Binglinerider
Wizzy
GhostY
Orthuss
Painlobster
CamQuartr
IGotGreasyBalls
Commandercoke
TigerXLine
Derpinator
Smitsy
aspi33
Helios Pavonine
Cereal
Votale
Stickheadz32
Inukaza
Wolf_Spirit
Rafael
pure5152
iPi
rabid squirrel
43 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which one is your favorite?

TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap79%TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 44 ]
TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 56

Poll closed

TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!!

Post by Kayped Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:05 pm

I say they both win. It was obvious BS was going to be here from the start, and almost the same for Incito. I commend the track makers for spending so much time on these two tracks and all the rest of the great tracks in ToC3 (there are indeed quite a few)
Kayped
Kayped

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 am

IMO one isn't better than the other. Incito is among the very greatest quirks ever made and Breathtaking Silence is among the very greatest scenery tracks ever made. I find them to be almost incomparable. Great amounts of work were put into both but both are very diverse.

I vote for BS.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by EAwazHere Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:42 am

two norwegians in the final. coincidence? i think not! Very Happy

EAwazHere

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 am

EAwazHere wrote:two norwegians in the final. coincidence? i think not! Very Happy

damn norwegians, germans, canadians and their lr skills xD
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:19 am

I just wish BS would have less monuments, so that they would show of more.
Especially at the last part, where he just throws a bunch of random (but epic) monuments together.

Wizzy wrote:
aspi33 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:even if you work uberfast, usually it takes a couple hours to draw a thousand lines of scenery, unless you're GhostY or Sorvius and draw lines all over the place as fast as you can. Soooo if we assume that BS is 300k, that would be about 500 hours minimum, or 3 hours a day for 5 months. And that's not counting the track.
That actually sounds about right for a modern quirk. >_<
I'm pretty sure that's not true for most people, you're just special that way :P

feel free to prove me wrong, everyone else!
Ya, I wouldn't expect most quirkers/most track makers sceners to understand how much time and effort go into a scenery track quirk xD especially one like transcendental and bs the Blends and the Cold Fusions (just saying). Lrg Hedge gets silly string and streamers :|

Wait, let's think about this for a minute. You're saying 2,000+ lines (on average) Vs. 100,000+ lines (If you were LRG or Techdawg or in Sorvius's situation, 700,000+ lines which is just rediculous Suspicious) is about the same amount of work/effort? And that excludes the actual track work in scenery tracks. I also don't mean to say track making doesn't take much effort, because it does. Lots. But not NEARLY as much as it takes to fully scene a track, and I'm not talking about the short 0:40 scenery tracks.
WUT.

I'd say scening and tracking is equally difficult. So that we don't have to have this whole discussion once again...

Last edited by Kohuded on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:21 am

Cereal wrote:
EAwazHere wrote:two norwegians in the final. coincidence? i think not! Very Happy

damn norwegians, germans, canadians and their lr skills xD
i'm not german :|
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

https://dinnertrader.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:25 am

DANISH 8D
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:35 am

Wizzy wrote:
aspi33 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:even if you work uberfast, usually it takes a couple hours to draw a thousand lines of scenery, unless you're GhostY or Sorvius and draw lines all over the place as fast as you can. Soooo if we assume that BS is 300k, that would be about 500 hours minimum, or 3 hours a day for 5 months. And that's not counting the track.
That actually sounds about right for a modern quirk. >_<
I'm pretty sure that's not true for most people, you're just special that way :P

feel free to prove me wrong, everyone else!
Ya, I wouldn't expect most quirkers/most track makers sceners to understand how much time and effort go into a scenery track quirk xD especially one like transcendental and bs the Blends and the Cold Fusions (just saying). Lrg Hedge gets silly string and streamers :|

Wait, let's think about this for a minute. You're saying 2,000+ lines (on average) Vs. 100,000+ lines (If you were LRG or Techdawg or in Sorvius's situation, 700,000+ lines which is just rediculous Suspicious) is about the same amount of work/effort? And that excludes the actual track work in scenery tracks. I also don't mean to say track making doesn't take much effort, because it does. Lots. But not NEARLY as much as it takes to fully scene a track, and I'm not talking about the short 0:40 scenery tracks.
WUT.

I've almost never been as inspired as I was while I made Incito. This says I was working at the same speed as GhostY scene, because it's unnaturally fast. And it took me around 4 months to complete. So yes, it's actually like that. Quirks are much harder work than people think.

Eg. I can't believe Bjerre actually finished Prime Blend. Another example given: I can't believe how much of Blue Champion IGGB made. It's some gigantic masterpieces.
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:25 am

^ya, everytime I release one of my max 1 min tracks I'm like "how the f#%k do people make such long tracks.." xD

Also, considering BC was unfinished I'm totally confused.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am

Georgio_jc wrote:^ya, everytime I release one of my max 1 min tracks I'm like "how the f#%k do people make such long tracks.." xD

Also, considering BC was unfinished I'm totally confused.

I do it by forcing myself to do only the track I want. If I start another serious one, then I start losing inspiration :P

On Topic: I've decided not to vote for either of them.
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 pm

I think scenery takes more effort but only if your like one of the best sceners ever who spends like a minuit on each line Suspicious If not, scenery and quirk are about the same, because although scenery have like a bajillion times more lines, some lines can be slightly out of place and it would still look good, but if you did that with a quirk there is a 95%+ chance something will go wrong Suspicious
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 am

Smit5y wrote:I think scenery takes more effort but only if your like one of the best sceners ever who spends like a minuit on each line Suspicious If not, scenery and quirk are about the same, because although scenery have like a bajillion times more lines, some lines can be slightly out of place and it would still look good, but if you did that with a quirk there is a 95%+ chance something will go wrong Suspicious
wat is this I don't even
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:18 am

^ Yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you Smitsy. Not belittling quirkers, but mhmmmm...
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Wow, i didnt think id get such a reaction. Its just my opinion guys Suspicious
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:21 pm

My view on quirk vs. scenery tracks is the best because herp derp derp derp derp.
Just vote for the track you like the best. In the words of the great, wise philosopher avril lavigne, "why you gotta go and make things so complicated?"
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Why does this dicussion always come up in those polls? It was exactly the same when it was MA vs. PoL.

I've both scened and made quirks (even tho that's been a while since, and I was never really good at it). But yeah, my view on quirk vs. scenery:
Yes, scenery takes ages, it's hard to get stuff right (especially when you're a perfectionist, which I know alot of us are). And there are a ton more lines in scenery than in quirk. But, when you scene, you often repeat stuff (like shading, or objects). And that goes fast, and is easy as hell when you get into it. With quirking, you have to get every single line 100% right, and I tend to get frustrated way faster with quirk than I do with scenery. So even tho everyone thinks scenery takes more patience, I'd say quick takes ALOT of patience too. If not more. On the other hand, scenery projects usually takes longer to make than quirks. So that makes it harder, right? No. There is one reason why scenery takes so long to make, and that is lag. Cause it slows down everything, and you get sick of it, so you take longer breaks. If I had no lag or error scripts, I could make BS in the time Aspi made Incito. So I'd say they're equal. Your vote should be for the track you enjoyed watching the most. Forget how much time or effort it took.

(Btw, big thanks to everyone who voted for me! I love you!)
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:46 pm

LineRiderGjert wrote:Why does this dicussion always come up in those polls? It was exactly the same when it was MA vs. PoL.

I've both scened and made quirks (even tho that's been a while since, and I was never really good at it). But yeah, my view on quirk vs. scenery:
Yes, scenery takes ages, it's hard to get stuff right (especially when you're a perfectionist, which I know alot of us are). And there are a ton more lines in scenery than in quirk. But, when you scene, you often repeat stuff (like shading, or objects). And that goes fast, and is easy as hell when you get into it. With quirking, you have to get every single line 100% right, and I tend to get frustrated way faster with quirk than I do with scenery. So even tho everyone thinks scenery takes more patience, I'd say quick takes ALOT of patience too. If not more. On the other hand, scenery projects usually takes longer to make than quirks. So that makes it harder, right? No. There is one reason why scenery takes so long to make, and that is lag. Cause it slows down everything, and you get sick of it, so you take longer breaks. If I had no lag or error scripts, I could make BS in the time Aspi made Incito. So I'd say they're equal. Your vote should be for the track you enjoyed watching the most. Forget how much time or effort it took.

(Btw, big thanks to everyone who voted for me! I love you!)
I take it you don't want me to snipe flagcapper in the face? Suspicious
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:20 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Smit5y wrote:I think scenery takes more effort but only if your like one of the best sceners ever who spends like a minuit on each line Suspicious If not, scenery and quirk are about the same, because although scenery have like a bajillion times more lines, some lines can be slightly out of place and it would still look good, but if you did that with a quirk there is a 95%+ chance something will go wrong Suspicious
wat is this I don't even

Smit5y wrote:Wow, i didnt think id get such a reaction. Its just my opinion guys Suspicious
That post was just wrong in two different ways.

1. the best sceners don't spend 1 minute on a line, that would just be stupid. Ghosty spends like 2 seconds per line in some shading sections. The best sceners are often the fastest.

2. you make it sound like you make a quirk the same way you make scenery except you take longer on each line, which is just false. Scenery you might press play every thousand lines, track you basically have to press play after every line to test it, and usually you press play dozens of times per line.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:48 pm

I was bieng kinda sarcastic with the line a minuit thing, it was sybolising an absolute perfectionist Suspicious
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:05 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
wat is this I don't even

Smit5y wrote:Wow, i didnt think id get such a reaction. Its just my opinion guys Suspicious
That post was just wrong in two different ways.

1. the best sceners don't spend 1 minute on a line, that would just be stupid. Ghosty spends like 2 seconds per line in some shading sections. The best sceners are often the fastest.

2. you make it sound like you make a quirk the same way you make scenery except you take longer on each line, which is just false. Scenery you might press play every thousand lines, track you basically have to press play after every line to test it, and usually you press play dozens of times per line.

Well you also have to keep in mind that not everybody makes tracks the same way, so that's a general statement.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Well then, here we go.

Wizzy wrote:
Georgio_jc wrote:..another great example would be Blue Champion.

Actually no, music sync wise, that is definitely not a good example. The structure it had was also meh because it started out slow got fast back to slow back to fast then end. It's more like beginning middle middle end. (I could be wrong, I haven't watched it in a while)
As I believe Wolf Spirit said earlier, I thought the track had nice music sync. Who makes you the one to decide if BC is a good example or not?

Wizzy wrote:
WUT.

Thanking LRG in advanced before the next art, because he saved me the time of typing almost this exact thing. Reading a whole thread ftw!
Here is part of the answer/response to what you say above.
LineRiderGjert wrote:

The other part is that you mentioned effort/work.
Effort/work = /= amount of time put into something. It is a very important factor yes, but that isn't the only component.

Wizzy wrote:
FlagCapper wrote:
Wizzy wrote:I agree with BS not really having any structure or rather 'format' it follow such as beg. mid. end.
as previously stated it is just a montage of short tracks with crazy scenery, but it just goes to show, you don't need structure to win the ToC :| So I don't think it's really necessary to argue why a track with structuring is better than one without, because the results are pretty clear.
I'm not saying it shouldn't win TOC. TOC is, after all, just people's opinion. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else though.
well ya but you said incito was better because it had structuring and bs didn't, then I said structure doesn't make a track better because bs won and incito didn't :| lern2comprehensionrite

Edit: Seriously, LRG. Just give me the word and I'll turn him into a permanent Muslim :|

1. Flagcapper is an intelligent person and if the case was made that he 'comprehended' what you said incorrectly, it is either you 'comprehending' what he said incorrectly or you writing in a manner that makes it difficult to understand what you are trying to actually say.
2.Yes, he did say incito was better because of the structuring and bs didn't yadayada. Him saying "I'm not saying it shouldn't win TOC. TOC is, after all, just people's opinion. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else though." has nothing to do with him comprehending what you said the wrong way. You said that you don't need structure to win TOC, which is correct.
You also said that the results are pretty clear, which is not necessarily correct at all.
"then I said structure doesn't make a track better because bs won and incito didn't" No you didn't. Or rather, it is not a CLEAR result that structuring makes a track better because it is people's opinions. So there is no 'better'.
3. You say BS already won, which isn't actually true yet.
4. Your edit made me sick. A permanent Muslim? Really? Are you THAT ignorant?

Seriously, that last part really disturbed/made me lose a lot of respect for you. I don't care what kind of 'joke' that is, that's just stupid and wrong.

In other news, I am not sure whom I would wish to vote for.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 am

Purtle wrote:Well then, here we go.

Wizzy wrote:
Georgio_jc wrote:..another great example would be Blue Champion.

Actually no, music sync wise, that is definitely not a good example. The structure it had was also meh because it started out slow got fast back to slow back to fast then end. It's more like beginning middle middle end. (I could be wrong, I haven't watched it in a while)
As I believe Wolf Spirit said earlier, I thought the track had nice music sync. Who makes you the one to decide if BC is a good example or not?

Wizzy wrote:
WUT.

Thanking LRG in advanced before the next art, because he saved me the time of typing almost this exact thing. Reading a whole thread ftw!
Here is part of the answer/response to what you say above.
LineRiderGjert wrote:

The other part is that you mentioned effort/work.
Effort/work = /= amount of time put into something. It is a very important factor yes, but that isn't the only component.

Wizzy wrote:
FlagCapper wrote:
Wizzy wrote:I agree with BS not really having any structure or rather 'format' it follow such as beg. mid. end.
as previously stated it is just a montage of short tracks with crazy scenery, but it just goes to show, you don't need structure to win the ToC :| So I don't think it's really necessary to argue why a track with structuring is better than one without, because the results are pretty clear.
I'm not saying it shouldn't win TOC. TOC is, after all, just people's opinion. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else though.
well ya but you said incito was better because it had structuring and bs didn't, then I said structure doesn't make a track better because bs won and incito didn't :| lern2comprehensionrite

Edit: Seriously, LRG. Just give me the word and I'll turn him into a permanent Muslim :|

1. Flagcapper is an intelligent person and if the case was made that he 'comprehended' what you said incorrectly, it is either you 'comprehending' what he said incorrectly or you writing in a manner that makes it difficult to understand what you are trying to actually say.
2.Yes, he did say incito was better because of the structuring and bs didn't yadayada. Him saying "I'm not saying it shouldn't win TOC. TOC is, after all, just people's opinion. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else though." has nothing to do with him comprehending what you said the wrong way. You said that you don't need structure to win TOC, which is correct.
You also said that the results are pretty clear, which is not necessarily correct at all.
"then I said structure doesn't make a track better because bs won and incito didn't" No you didn't. Or rather, it is not a CLEAR result that structuring makes a track better because it is people's opinions. So there is no 'better'.
3. You say BS already won, which isn't actually true yet.
4. Your edit made me sick. A permanent Muslim? Really? Are you THAT ignorant?

Seriously, that last part really disturbed/made me lose a lot of respect for you. I don't care what kind of 'joke' that is, that's just stupid and wrong.

In other news, I am not sure whom I would wish to vote for.

i laughed at wizzy's and your's post. ur 1st point was correct, ur second point is kinda obviously, 3rd is wrong because there's only about a couple of ppl in wrtl and the votes piled up are already about 70% or more ppl. 4th, i laugh. Very Happy i liked his joke
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirobi Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:20 am

linerage wrote:i laughed at wizzy's and your's post. ur 1st point was correct, ur second point is kinda obviously, 3rd is wrong because there's only about a couple of ppl in wrtl and the votes piled up are already about 70% or more ppl. 4th, i laugh. Very Happy i liked his joke

PPTs third point actually isn't wrong because the poll is still open. UH DUH. It's highly unlikely that Incito will make a comeback, but nobody has won until the poll closes. So shut up. Nobody talks to my Purtle like that. :|

As for the Muslim comment, idk, that's just... *shakes head and walks away*
Nirobi
Nirobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:56 am

Nirobi wrote:
linerage wrote:i laughed at wizzy's and your's post. ur 1st point was correct, ur second point is kinda obviously, 3rd is wrong because there's only about a couple of ppl in wrtl and the votes piled up are already about 70% or more ppl. 4th, i laugh. Very Happy i liked his joke

Nobody talks to my Purtle like that. :|

8D
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:36 am

Incito has a too little chance of winning to win. That's all I'm gonna say for now. :| BS deserves to win.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next