We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OTDE]: Give me a track and I'll classify it!

+11
Helios Pavonine
Rafael
Sheldon
ScrungleBlumpkus
Lukking
Apple
efrazable
Chuggers
hypothet
Opal Rider
OTDE
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[OTDE]: Give me a track and I'll classify it! - Page 2 Empty Re: [OTDE]: Give me a track and I'll classify it!

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Are you sure silhouette is classicist? I would probably disagree with you there. I'd say it's more formalist.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

[OTDE]: Give me a track and I'll classify it! - Page 2 Empty Re: [OTDE]: Give me a track and I'll classify it!

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Doesn't it kinda depend on intention?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Not always! Sheldon typically makes things with the intention of doing something relatively classicist (i.e. be the BEST at THIS THING) and will sometimes accidentally make something formalist (Retrograde, WTK)

Also, for its time, Silhouette was definitely formalist.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 pm

OTDE wrote:
Conundrumer wrote:ragdoll

Iconoclast as heck, dude.

objection

ragdoll was a manual track. I went through all possible crawl positions (I could have done a better job making this clear but I only had 48 hours), and the brief mid/hi speed crawl section with the loops and flings was basically tail manuals.

music sync + dancing -> iconoclast
offsled experimentation + restriction to offsled manuals -> formalist

It's possible to be experimental and accessible at the same time. I'm trying to figure out how to do this for other mediums, in addition to Line Rider.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Conundrumer wrote:
OTDE wrote:

objection

ragdoll was a manual track. I went through all possible crawl positions (I could have done a better job making this clear but I only had 48 hours), and the brief mid/hi speed crawl section with the loops and flings was basically tail manuals.

It's possible to be experimental and accessible at the same time. I'm trying to figure out how to do this for other mediums, in addition to Line Rider.

experimental and accessible is literally textbook iconoclast
the fact that the track was accessible while experimenting is what makes it iconoclast. if it wasn't experimental and still accessible, it would be animist. if it's experimental without being accessible, it's formalist, and if it's neither, it's classicist
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:16 pm

OTDE wrote:
Conundrumer wrote:
OTDE wrote:

objection

experimental and accessible is literally textbook iconoclast
the fact that the track was accessible while experimenting is what makes it iconoclast. if it wasn't experimental and still accessible, it would be animist. if it's experimental without being accessible, it's formalist, and if it's neither, it's classicist

I was taking a shower and then I had shower thoughts and came to your conclusion. I agree.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by gavinroo538 Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Does/Can this still exist?

Trees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqM7L9YYArc
Taxi Cab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmbUQvuMkI
build me up buttercup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3duRIgq2kc
GAS GAS GAS!!! (Probably the hardest one of mine to classify): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY4jfPWPwzY
gavinroo538
gavinroo538

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:22 am

heck, why not lol, here's my take

Trees: HELLA animist
Taxi Cab: also pretty animist but less traditionalist
build me up buttercup: hard one, I'm gonna say uhhhhhh weak animist/iconoclast mix
Gas Gas Gas: this one's easy, hard classicist
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gavinroo538 Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:13 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:heck, why not lol, here's my take

build me up buttercup: hard one, I'm gonna say uhhhhhh weak animist/iconoclast mix
Whoa I guess this is alive! Well, kinda. Here's a challenge: Classify all of my published tracks! And I mean ALL of them! LET'S GO!!!
(Note: I'm also adding the ENHANCED version of Coloris and Gas Gas Gas just because of those appearing lines and stuff)

My Tracks:

ABC=Already Been Classified
gavinroo538
gavinroo538

Back to top Go down

Post by gavinroo538 Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 pm

gavinroo538 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:heck, why not lol, here's my take

Whoa I guess this is alive! Well, kinda. Here's a challenge: Classify all of my published tracks! And I mean ALL of them! LET'S GO!!!
(Note: I'm also adding the ENHANCED version of Coloris and Gas Gas Gas just because of those appearing lines and stuff)

My Tracks:

ABC=Already Been Classified
Dunno why, but I feel like classifying my own tracks.

If you wanna classify all of my tracks, then don't read this until you do:
gavinroo538
gavinroo538

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2