We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

+32
Yobanjojoe
mmtunligit
TeamBlast
efrazable
roflmaoqwerty
Rie
Lukking
ACwazHere
Rafael
Fauxfyre
iPi
Chuggers
anton
BenWubbleyou
SethComposerGuy
Conundrumer
theacp127
TheRevTastic
LineMagiX
Snooze
Wolf_Spirit
rabid squirrel
Z_N-Freak
Helios Pavonine
Sheldon
gaoyubao
OTDE
ScrungleBlumpkus
hypothet
Apple
Wizzy
JealousCloud
36 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties - Page 2 Empty Re: Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:51 am

Finally a better version of LR that might get me to play again. I've been waiting so long
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties - Page 2 Empty Re: Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

Post by theacp127 Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:03 pm

LoneVampire wrote:Is a thing. Assuming you mean playback zoom. If you want to see the actual number for editor zoom I could show a tooltip on the slider. I'm not sure if it's necessary though. Thoughts?
I have recorded a number of scenery tracks recently and it's very important that I have numbers for the zoom levels to make sure frames match exactly. Not having those would add a lot of headache.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:42 pm

theacp127 wrote:
LoneVampire wrote:Is a thing. Assuming you mean playback zoom. If you want to see the actual number for editor zoom I could show a tooltip on the slider. I'm not sure if it's necessary though. Thoughts?
I have recorded a number of scenery tracks recently and it's very important that I have numbers for the zoom levels to make sure frames match exactly. Not having those would add a lot of headache.

Alternatively, automate the zooming in Line Rider itself.

LV, it's important to keep in mind that what the users think they want is not always what they actually need Wink
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:32 am

Alpha up.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:05 am

Got it Very Happy
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:10 am

it's an .exe so I can't open it on mac
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:19 am

rabid squirrel wrote:it's an .exe so I can't open it on mac
Well you can, you just have to jump some hoops.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:50 am

"hoops" being run it through mono which I linked in the main post.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 am

Blargh I've installed it but apparently I have to use a command line terminal to use it?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:24 am

It's what I did for Linux Mint, so probably. You could write a shell script to start it. Just make sure you give it permissions to save files by elevating its privileges.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:27 am

I have taken a number of computer science classes but I still feel totally clueless when I have to deal with the Terminal like this.
Building Mono is a very simple process as Mono has very few external dependencies.

On Mavericks and Mountain Lion you will need to install some tools that are no longer part of the developer SDK, but luckily this is a very simple process.

Building Mono Dependencies

Mono use GNU autoconf, automake and libtool. You need to install those in your path, we suggest that you install these on the same directory that you will install Mono on.
This sounds like a completely different language to me. And yet it claims to be simple...
LoneVampire wrote:You could write a shell script to start it. Just make sure you give it permissions to save files by elevating its privileges.
This also sounds like a totally different language. Like, I sort of know what things mean. I know what directory means, I know what permissions means, and I feel like I probably have forgotten what shell script means... but most of this is gobbledygook to me. I just don't speak command line...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:30 am

Well you shouldn't have to build mono. If you installed it using the pkg file on the website, then all you should have to do is open terminal in the folder with linerider.exe and run the command
mono linerider.exe

probably. dunno what would give you elevated permissions though. it's sudo on mint/ubuntu.

I'm probably coming off as an idiot btw I don't know too much about mac osx.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:15 am

I was able to run it because tankfully I remembered the ls and cd commands, heh. but nothing happened, probably because of the permissions thing. I googled "give a file elevated permissions mac" and came up with a lot of stuff I don't understand.

Mac uses a unix base so it may be the same command... I'm afraid to use sudo if I don't know exactly what I'm doing because I know it can break stuff if you're not careful with it
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm getting an error when I try try run it.
Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties - Page 2 Lra%20error
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:51 pm

I don't have a glitch, but having a shortcut to make it play in slomo mid playback would be great.
Edit: Never mind it's shift Y to start in slomo and minus sign to go in slomo.
Edit 2: It would be much easier to make the slomo key m. Minus sign is a bit harder to hit with one hand on the keyboard.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:24 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I was able to run it because tankfully I remembered the ls and cd commands, heh. but nothing happened, probably because of the permissions thing. I googled "give a file elevated permissions mac" and came up with a lot of stuff I don't understand.

Mac uses a unix base so it may be the same command... I'm afraid to use sudo if I don't know exactly what I'm doing because I know it can break stuff if you're not careful with it
I slept on it and it makes no sense for the game to require sudo or administrative privileges. I'm gonna look into that further. But the game should run with just a messagebox complaining it doesnt have privileges right now. Not sure what's going on.
SethComposerGuy wrote:I'm getting an error when I try try run it.
Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties - Page 2 Lra%20error
I'll look into it. Thanks.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Rabid, when a website about compiling code tells you something is simple, it assumes you're armed with the knowledge of the inner workings of coding projects already because most people don't go to the trouble of finding or working with things that aren't already built and ready to use for them. You're not alone, it just takes some getting used to.

Gonna go test this out now. If I can remember everything correctly, I might try writing a shell script to automatically run this through mono on non-windows computers...except I haven't used Linux or had a proper interaction with a shell module in two years.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:49 am

Alpha r1.1 added. Includes an untested shell script for linux/mac osx "linerider.sh". New icon. Playback scrubbing now updates the full bar if any editing is done during playback. This is really good for editing gravity wells.
Bug fixed a font related crash on startup. Many other misc bug fixes.
Also added "recording mode" which disables the UI during playback.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I just tested the new version out and now it works. sweet.
I do have 2 requests.1: Would it be possible to give the option to move the playback forward or reverse frame by frame? That feature in Kevens 3.4.x is what I primarily used to create animation, and from what I see will do wonders in the area of track making in this also.
Also, did you include a way to duplicate lines, specifically acceleration lines, as it's fun to experiment with, and you can make some interesting manuals with that trick.

edit, I just tested funspiration in this version, and interestingly bosh crashed during the high speed barrel roll basically at the same spot that causes pretty much all flash player versions above fp10 to crash. It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens with the track, Viberate.

Anyway, that's all I can think of right now. Also, I should have more time to test it out this weekend, but I'm really liking what I see so far.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:34 am

I just woke up, so this may not be the clearest of posts, but it should be fine. If you have anything to address, I'll get back to you in full detail.

I know we talked about some of this on Skype, but I figured I'd leave some bugs and other thoughts here for you to skim through as briefly as possible (I know the coding feels)
Flag doesn't reset when you delete a track, and may not reset when you load a different one
Bosh doesn't turn head when dead
Music volume is insanely loud (maybe have a setting to change the volume? Because that could get in the way if one were streaming or skyping on low volume and suddenly BWAM MUSIZCKS)
WAS GONNA REQUEST SUB-SECOND OFFSET FOR MUSIC, AlREADY DONE YOU MOTHERFUCKING SAINT
Permanent XYZ snap feature, while perhaps not necessary, would be nice. I get your philosophy, so I'm not gonna push, but at the same time, I'm gonna push for that. Lots of things you deem unnecessary may actually be a necessary feature, but just us telling you that won't get it put in the code. I know that, and I hope everybody else knows that you're not a slave to the masses.
Other than that, my brain is just not used to these keyboard controls. Also, undo and redo can be somewhat unintuitive to use this way, but I don't think there's a way around that
The hardest thing to implement, I think, would be a way to customize keymappings. I might find a program that'll do that for me when I run LRA if you don't budge on that.

Feature request: "Developer mode" console with onscreen clusterfuck of data regarding tons of info such as velocities of contact points and acceleration between frames and even anything as trivial as number of blinks since started game. Just an inkling of a thought.
Also, line angles and length are important to me when drawing and I'm sure they are to countless others.

I thought I'd point out to everyone else how fun it feels for some reason to watch kramwood level shenanigans in this playback environment. Something about it makes it all seem even more wtf
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenWubbleyou Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 pm

I got this error while trying to open it in Wine.
https://imgur.com/U9zRO6u

I tried using the shell script and got this error. I have installed the mono framework so this is confusing.
https://imgur.com/YrC76Lm
BenWubbleyou
BenWubbleyou

Vancity

http://vimeo.com/vwcreativeco

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Alpha r1.2 added:
misc bug fixes including an issue occasionally breaking sol tracks.
bosh indicates when he's dead
45 degree snap can be forced permanent
line snap can be permanently disabled
volume slider
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 pm

tried it again. navigated to the LRA folder and did
Code:
mono linerider.exe
doesn't work at all. Terminal freezes, it opens an app "mono-sgen" that does nothing at all. I have to stop the task.

EDIT: okay, finally decided to get on dual boot and try it on Win7. It works!
- home/end buttons don't work. I use those a lot.
- threw a .sol into tracks folder and it froze the game while it was loading them (took about 2 minutes for an 8MB file)
- lack of lag in scenery is :O
- is there no way to watch playback slowly besides scrubbing? is M supposed to work?
- why can I not edit green lines?
- no undo button?
- when I check recording mode box in preferences, it applies but when I go back it is unchecked?

This is probably worth it just for the music sync & lag reduction. I may start working  on tracks in this app in dual boot.... The vast majority of my stuff & etc is on mac though... so.....

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:31 am

Rabid, there is a help file that has all the keyboard shortcuts
also, still offwhite background and the lines have sharp, rectangular edges
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Dapianokid wrote:Rabid, there is a help file that has all the keyboard shortcuts
whoops, crossed out things that no longer apply

I'm hesitant to switch everything over just because I can't save a LRA track as a .sol, it saves as a .trk? So if I ran into anything frustrating I wouldn't be able to go back to 3.4.x

What is the fps supposed to run at? Does the game play back at 40fps or 60fps?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next