We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linerider: Surrender

+14
Darkness
Wizzy
Fauxfyre
Sssschiller
Wolf_Spirit
Opal Rider
[senpai] kevans
Votale
Chuggers
roflmaoqwerty
theacp127
Rafael
efrazable
Stallie
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Linerider: Surrender Empty Linerider: Surrender

Post by Stallie Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Click here to comment, rate, and subscribe!

Read the description
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Linerider: Surrender Empty Re: Linerider: Surrender

Post by efrazable Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm

I liked it, but there really weren't any "wow" moments that interested me.

Please don't respond to this in a month.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:48 pm

I hate to be harsh, but even though this track showed some skill, it felt like it was made without any inspiration... I'm sorry man. Not a fan of it.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm

It was a bit repetitive. It seemed to have the same thing for the whole track. It was good, but had no variety.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm

The tail integration thing at 0:38 or so was nice, but other than that, I really was underwhelmed by the whole thing. Some of the flatsledding seemed almost lazy at times, and the integration and barrel rolls got extremely repetitive. The manuals themselves were alright, I just wasn't a fan of the way in which they were synthesised.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:18 pm

I actually like it a lot

Too many manual switches near the beginning though, kinda got a little repetative

Make more like this!
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm

The dubstep made me flaccid.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm

The skill was there, but nothing spectacular.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Probably the biggest thing that got me was the expectation. Stone me for saying it, but I feel like choosing a different song may have helped out in this regard. I honestly feel like it built up to something more than what was given, when it should've been all flowy and stuff, just like the track.

Last edited by Opal Rider on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:45 am

efrazable wrote:I liked it, but there really weren't any "wow" moments that interested me.

Please don't respond to this in a month.

Rafael wrote:I hate to be harsh, but even though this track showed some skill, it felt like it was made without any inspiration... I'm sorry man. Not a fan of it.

kevansevans wrote:The skill was there, but nothing spectacular.

Okay, now how would any of these comments help ANYONE become a better track maker?

You didn't like the track? Okay, people can have their opinions about tracks. But please, at least give constructive criticism. Or even go as far as finding something you liked about the track.

I mean, if you released a track, how would you like it if people were only finding things they didn't like about it? It's the compliments that motivate people to make more tracks.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:58 am

Some people like your and some don't. That's how it goes with every track. Your goal shouldn't be making a track everybody likes anyway.
What kind of criticism is there to give? I explained my opinion, and I can't do more.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 am

Rafael wrote:Some people like your and some don't. That's how it goes with every track. Your goal shouldn't be making a track everybody likes anyway.
What kind of criticism is there to give? I explained my opinion, and I can't do more.
Of course you shouldn't try make a track everyone likes. The point is that your comments shoul be more than "Don't like it, 'nuff said.", even if you don't like it, you should try explain why and what they can do to improve and not make the whole comment negitive.
Also: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4486-how-to-give-criticism
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 am

That was not the Stallie style I expected! You tried something new with that integration and highspeed stuff and I like that Wink
I think you should work a little bit on the strenght and pressure in your curves Smile
What I didn't like was the song Very Happy kinda boring
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:
Rafael wrote:Some people like your and some don't. That's how it goes with every track. Your goal shouldn't be making a track everybody likes anyway.
Of course you shouldn't try make a track everyone likes. The point is that your comments shoul be more than "Don't like it, 'nuff said.", even if you don't like it, you should try explain why and what they can do to improve and not make the whole comment negitive.
Also: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4486-how-to-give-criticism
You don't get it Wolf. How am I supposed to teach someone how to be inspired when making a track? I can't elaborate it any more than I did.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I actually avoided watching this yesterday because you were annoying me a bit.

However, now that I've watched it I'm glad I have Smile I don't know why people aren't the least bit entertained by this. I can agree that there weren't many moments that particularly stood out, but the thing as a whole was very cohesive and never got boring. You did a great job with keeping up the speed and the flow throughout, altogether a nice track Stallie!

Also Rafael, I don't see where you're getting "not inspired" from when there was clearly a lot of inspiration from your tracks. :|

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Shotoku wrote:Also Rafael, I don't see where you're getting "not inspired" from when there was clearly a lot of inspiration from your tracks. :|

I'm with Rafael on this, the track seems bland. To me, it was made just because. Sure, there was 'effort' put into it, yet it seems there was no soul. I imagine the conversations going like this:

Stallie: Make a manual.

Crash: Okay.

C: Done, your turn. A barrel roll would be nice.

S: Okay.

S: Done, your turn.

And on and on through the entire collaboration.

This image here sums it up this track the best, I guess.

Linerider: Surrender Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbFnL2ove4kBtploJDVR_OXeGqwJ-ETFpwBXVFH7_y94cg8Jwfag

Spoiler:
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I don't get it. How can you guys even see that somebody was inspired or not? Have you a third eye that can see inspiration? When I'm inspired by Closeddoor and do manuals, can you see that I was inspired? Or do you say "uh, manuals, no inspiration, boring"?
Maybe you are talking about creativity, but how can you be creative in a game, where every trick has be done 1000 times before?

I won't say something about that Kevanpost because it's total bullshit imo (yeah, my opinion, uuh)
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Sssschiller wrote:I won't say something about that Kevanpost because it's total bullshit imo (yeah, my opinion, uuh)
^

I feel obliged to give a little cnc. So hopefully this helps:
Anyway. It reminded me a lot of preclusion, that was my first thought I had while watching this. There were a few interesting twists and turns here and there but overall the integration work wasn't very.. smooth I guess. You should (as everyone said already) also try to have more variety, although there was a couple flings and cool fakie work you definitely want to try switching it up here and there to make it more unpredictable and fun. I think the reason tracks like Tapeworm and Preclusion worked because of their integration was because they were a new concept and even though they were a very one sided style of track making their integration was more.. gosh how do I even word this. Flowy I want to say. Try being more unpredictable with how Bosh twists and turns and don't forget pressure, balance, etc. It's okay to throw in a long manual every once in a while as a 'break' or try some granuals or upside down work OR try even throwing in more airtime. Those are just some simple ideas. Or you could do more flings.

I watched it again and I noticed one more thing (this stuck out to me first and I forgot to mention it), the integration at the beginning is really awkward. They seem way too close together like in one string of integration you have too many switching going on between nose and tail and it doesn't look like manuals, but more like flatsledding or noobriding. Definitely don't make such small integrations when going at a faster pace, it looks awkward.

Honestly it wasn't a bad track, it just lacked a few things as mentioned above. I hope this helps and I think you deserve it since nobody was really giving any and this track is inspired by one of my own so I figured... Why not Hehe Good luck guys
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Going to analyse my initial review here before anyone starts flaming me
roflmaoqwerty wrote:The tail integration thing at 0:38 or so was nice,
Honest, sincere compliment. Some parts were actually pretty darn good in my opinion, at least technically.
roflmaoqwerty wrote:but other than that, I really was underwhelmed by the whole thing.
Offering my honest opinion. I admit, I wasn't a big fan, and I'd rather tell it straight up than sugarcoat it, since that doesn't help anyone. Before you get angry, listen, I back it up.
roflmaoqwerty wrote:Some of the flatsledding seemed almost lazy at times, and the integration and barrel rolls got extremely repetitive.
Again, telling it like it is. I'm certainly not saying that I don't do this myself; I admit that I make the same mistakes. It's my legitimate interest that you improve this stuff, I really do want everyone to be the best trackmaker they can be, and sometimes it's necessary to learn the hard way. I'll willingly take flak on my tracks if people dislike them; it's how I know what to do, or rather what not to do, next time around.
roflmaoqwerty wrote:The manuals themselves were alright, I just wasn't a fan of the way in which they were synthesised.
...and here's a conclusion. The track was not half bad technically, it was just a certain je ne sais quoi about the track that made it less impressive than it could have been. It's like taking chocolate cake, pizza, and hamburgers and blending them together: the individual components (tricks) are nice, but the way they were put together just wasn't really all that astonishing to me.

Take all this as you will. If you'd like me to expand on any criticisms or comments, I'd gladly do so for your benefit. Just PLEASE don't misconstrue this as blatant flaming; besides, it most certainly wasn't all that bad. I've seen and made a lot worse. A commendable effort, just unfortunately not quite what I was anticipating, if that makes sense.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Sssschiller wrote:I don't get it. How can you guys even see that somebody was inspired or not? Have you a third eye that can see inspiration? When I'm inspired by Closeddoor and do manuals, can you see that I was inspired? Or do you say "uh, manuals, no inspiration, boring"?
Maybe you are talking about creativity, but how can you be creative in a game, where every trick has be done 1000 times before?

I won't say something about that Kevanpost because it's total bullshit imo (yeah, my opinion, uuh)
It's the feeling I get when watching the track. It's up to Stallie to decide whether that feeling is based on truth or not. Kevan's opinion isn't based on nothing. He wouldn't agree with me if he didn't have the same feeling as me.
Then again, it's not a bad thing that people don't like a track. It's way better than people being indifferent about your track. My criticism was directed at this particular track and not at Stallie's style or whatever.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:52 pm

So when you talk about inspiration you mean the feeling you get watching a track? Sounds strange to me but ok...

Also I never said that not liking a track or criticism is a bad thing.
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:54 pm

I saw the track and it felt to me that Stallie didn't have any "yeah, this is the kind of track I want to create" feel or something like that.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:22 am

Lol you guys are all so silly. Caught up in your own opinions. Anyway, I thought it was a nice track. I enjoyed watching it, but I think the music choice was a little off.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by TCR Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 am

I'm actually dissapointed that nothing happened when the drop kicked in on the song. But the track was somewhat enjoyable, I like a manual track once in a while Smile
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 pm

I was mildly surprised by the skill stallie has. :|

It was fairly repetitive, and really, it wasn't that bad otherwise, fairly enjoyed it.
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next