We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

+23
Chui Ninji
iPi
efrazable
Derpinator
ACwazHere
Votale
Inukaza
Blesshiscottonsocks
Wolf_Spirit
SPL4SHZ0N3
Rafael
KillinTime2792
rabid squirrel
Jam
TheRevTastic
[senpai] kevans
Kohuda
IGLima
mhenr18
Sssschiller
Z_N-Freak
CamQuartr
Wizzy
27 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 4 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Okay... This is what I think should happen.

1) No copy and paste
2) The option to click and drag lines.
3) Development sub forum that me and Mhenr control

Anything else? no? END OF DISCUSSION.

EDIT: I would like to congratulate Mhenr on his progress with LR C. I just hope I can finish v3 before you :p

Next, on the essence of cheating.
Before I ever heard of a LR forum, I thought that quirk and g-wells were pure cheating. Not skill. I think what killed LR was this so called "skill" scaring everyone away. Any new guy who see's this will think it's cheating, so before you guys [censored] about a feature that is considered cheating, think about what we look like to the rest of the world.

Last edited by kevansevans on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 4 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 pm

kevansevans wrote:Okay... This is what I think should happen.

1) No copy and paste

To bad copy and paste will probably be added by mhenr.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:38 pm

And so... Line Rider became the unbound condensed version.

Grey scenery lines?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

efrazable wrote:And so... Line Rider became the unbound condensed version.

Grey scenery lines?

You know, I actually want to play unbound lol, never beat the story line :'(.

BRB WHILE I POOP ON IT.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:42 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:

1) No copy and paste

The only version that has copy and paste is 8.0. If you read back, Mhenr aint doing it.

However, I might be speaking for Mhenr too, but we do appreciate that you guys are coming up with ideas to improve LR. so technically, IMO, no ideas are completely dumb.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:11 pm

kevansevans wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:

1) No copy and paste

The only version that has copy and paste is 8.0. If you read back, Mhenr aint doing it.

However, I might be speaking for Mhenr too, but we do appreciate that you guys are coming up with ideas to improve LR. so technically, IMO, no ideas are completely dumb.

There's not one post by mhenr in here where he said he isn't doing it.

Also I guess wizzy will just find somebody else to code it for him.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:09 pm

mheners reason for not doing copypaste was that it was far too glitchy or difficult (i think), not necaserilly about cheating.

I'm sure if he found a way to do it that wasn't filled with holes he'd do it.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:
Votale wrote:

The ability to auto-stack flings. You know what stacking is, correct? Great. Well instead of tediously stacking each line of each fling, why don't we make an auto-stacker so that we "don't have to focus on those repetitive tedious stacks and focus on bigger things," as you would say. In following, those nubs with weak flings could make extremely strong flings in no time. That way, rather than having to be good at angling lines to make the more powerful, it just did it for us. Can you get that one? That'd make creating shweet flings as easy as taking a dump.

The thing is, you can't really do that. There's too much human touch. A change in a pixel of entry point into a "pasted fling" would have drastically different results based on a change of rotation caused by pulling the contact point in a certain angle. eg: Doing a spidey fling, but bosh is tilted too far in one direction. Due to the differences of entry, down to the pixel, it would be near impossible to "paste" a series of stacks. Too much trial and error for that..

The point was is that it's the same concept. lol what I mean is that it'd be LIKE saying that.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Personally, I believe in freedom to use whatever tools you need to draw what you have pictured in your mind. There is so many additional things you can do with a copy/paste tool. You can use it to create cool patterns, shade areas more quickly, and even do frame by frame animation much more easily! I think it just opens up the door for new creative things to blossom, and if the name is changed from beta 2 to whatever and has a noticeable difference, that way even if you don't like it, you can continue playing beta 2 and people will know you didn't use the copy/paste tool on your tracks :P
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:25 am

Color should be added.

/read the thread but doesn't want to join the rage
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:04 am

Yeah, colour would be awesome.
Would you provide a limited pallet of colours, or would you allow any 32-bit RGBA value? (yes transparency can be done easily)

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:20 am

I don't see the need for colour actually. It will give more variety maybe, but is it necessary to make art? Lots of stuff look great in black and white and the simplicity that comes along with it, is something I really like in Line Rider. I would not be against some kind of "filler tool" as wizzy suggested. Draw a couple of lines and let the inside be black, sounds simple enough. The copying of stuff sounds a bit fishy to me, because I agree with rabid that it's naive to think people won't abuse this in a bad way if at all possible.

[/2cents]
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:30 am

Well, what's a "bad way"?
It's not like you can use someone else's stuff unless you have the .sol, and if your stuff all looks the same and boring, then no-one's going to like it anyway.

As for colour, I personally think a limited palette of 16 really nice slightly textured colours would work out better than a full range - it's quicker to choose a colour and there's far less hassle about making colours match. I'll have to try a build with colour before I make up my mind on it though.

edit: also, I now have multi-threading going. this is effin awesome.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 am

^if you're gonna do color you either go full or go home, 16 colors will just leave people going "ugh i wish i had this color" or "why the hell is this color here? it looks ugly who'd ever use this color"

personally I'm against color either way. shades of grey maybe but not color.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:39 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Well, what's a "bad way"?
It's not like you can use someone else's stuff unless you have the .sol, and if your stuff all looks the same and boring, then no-one's going to like it anyway.

As for colour, I personally think a limited palette of 16 really nice slightly textured colours would work out better than a full range - it's quicker to choose a colour and there's far less hassle about making colours match. I'll have to try a build with colour before I make up my mind on it though.

Don't act all ignorant man =p You know exactly what I mean with a "bad way" and you saying that you can't steal anything or use anything from anyone else before you have the .sol is exactly what is bad about the whole copying idea. This would mean people will have to be careful with there .sols and instead of just sharing without worrying that someone will steal from you, people might keep their .sols to themselves. This is not a change I welcome.

I get why you and other people think it's nice to be able to copy stuff, but it's really something I'll never be able support.
Same for the colour really, it's too big of a change. The whole simple clean thing that is Line Rider, will just get too complicated in my opinion.

KillinTime2792 wrote:^if you're gonna do color you either go full or go home, 16 colors will just leave people going "ugh i wish i had this color" or "why the hell is this color here? it looks ugly who'd ever use this color"

personally I'm against color either way. shades of grey maybe but not color.

I do like the idea of shades of gray though. This leaves room for a bit more artistic expression without ruining the clean and simple Look of Line Rider. I also want to stress again that the filler tool sounds like a good thing to me. That would save sceners a lot of time and it should be cheat-proof I think (I'm not good with coding, so no idea how hard this is to implement).
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:I don't see the need for colour actually. It will give more variety maybe, but is it necessary to make art? Lots of stuff look great in black and white and the simplicity that comes along with it, is something I really like in Line Rider. I would not be against some kind of "filler tool" as wizzy suggested. Draw a couple of lines and let the inside be black, sounds simple enough. The copying of stuff sounds a bit fishy to me, because I agree with rabid that it's naive to think people won't abuse this in a bad way if at all possible.

[/2cents]

Nope. It's not necessary in the least bit, I always think black and white is more impressive when done well. But I mean.... while we're at it...why not? There's really no reason to not have color if you want it. It's not like it can be abused in any way.

Also, would it be possible to have a limited palette with transparency? That way you can just create your own colors with a combination of layered colors and transparency.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:I don't see the need for colour actually. It will give more variety maybe, but is it necessary to make art? Lots of stuff look great in black and white and the simplicity that comes along with it, is something I really like in Line Rider. I would not be against some kind of "filler tool" as wizzy suggested. Draw a couple of lines and let the inside be black, sounds simple enough. The copying of stuff sounds a bit fishy to me, because I agree with rabid that it's naive to think people won't abuse this in a bad way if at all possible.

[/2cents]

mhenr18 wrote:Well, what's a "bad way"?

COLOR IS AN AMAZING IDEA! However, I don't want to do that for v3. Doing so would make it un-compatible with previous versions, I would have to create a extra variable for which color it appears, and a whole ton more coding, and delaying v3 even more. But you Mhenr can do this since you have more time than I do.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:46 pm

.... Unbound? >__>
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by captain_cornflakes Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Exactly my thoughts @Raf
captain_cornflakes
captain_cornflakes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captain_cornflakes/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Rafael wrote:.... Unbound? >__>

a1c4s8 wrote:Exactly my thoughts @Raf

Unbound can suck balls.

I for one have tried to take unbound seriously, and it's terrible (Like everyone else has said). The color mode is terrible. Instead of clicking the line THEN selecting color, you have to pre-determine color THEN draw.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:00 pm

holy crap how did I miss this thread
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Conundrumer wrote:holy crap how did I miss this thread

Luck. Wink

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:53 pm

[/2cents]

I don't know who had the idea to bring color in, but I don't think that's something that's really necessary. While it makes artistic tracks way more enjoyable, even with all the color that came with unbound, you still had people making black and white tracks for the classic effect.

My idea wasn't about the filler tool either, though that would definitely be another great tool and save an incredible amount of time.

The copy/paste concept... Ya it would create new ways to cheat and steal from other players, but that's something that already exists. Besides, even if someone stole some of your work, wouldn't you take it as a compliment? I think the benefits far outweigh that as far as cheaters go. Save time, new creativity, mass reduction of lag, and an increase in the amount of scenery tracks being made (possibly).
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Couldn't they code in an a permission thingy that checks to see if you made the sol and if so you are allowed to copy/paste but if not you cant?
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:16 am

I have a better idea. How about a button that removes all the current green lines, and if you push it again it'll all come back.
Don't know if that causes a lot of lag when getting your scenery back tho but it should be like loading.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next