We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

+23
Chui Ninji
iPi
efrazable
Derpinator
ACwazHere
Votale
Inukaza
Blesshiscottonsocks
Wolf_Spirit
SPL4SHZ0N3
Rafael
KillinTime2792
rabid squirrel
Jam
TheRevTastic
[senpai] kevans
Kohuda
IGLima
mhenr18
Sssschiller
Z_N-Freak
CamQuartr
Wizzy
27 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by mhenr18 Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:09 am

<3 raf

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:09 am

Rafael wrote:Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 2 Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180

LOL is that Neil DeGrasse Tyson?
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:14 am

Spoiler:
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:26 am

If people can't handle the time it takes to make a good scenery track and the patience required for it, they shouldn't really be looking for ways to make everything easier...
I mean come on, LRG managed to make Breathtaking Silence, and that's without all these copy and paste scenery, CC, GhostY and Sssschiller have made some amazing things without this, I don't understand why everything would need to be changed when we have coped so amazingly well in the past and currently...
However, if someone was going to make a new version with these scenery hax, there should be a way of differentiating between the new version and the old one so we know which have been made with hax and which haven't as probably most current sceners will keep to the old one. I mean it wouldn't be the end of scenery as we know it if a new version was created, we'd just need a way to tell that it hasn't been made as honestly as the old version :b
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:31 am

Wolf_Spirit wrote:If people can't handle the time it takes to make a good scenery track and the patience required for it, they shouldn't really be looking for ways to make everything easier...
I mean come on, LRG managed to make Breathtaking Silence, and that's without all these copy and paste scenery, CC, GhostY and Sssschiller have made some amazing things without this, I don't understand why everything would need to be changed when we have coped so amazingly well in the past and currently...
However, if someone was going to make a new version with these scenery hax, there should be a way of differentiating between the new version and the old one so we know which have been made with hax and which haven't as probably most current sceners will keep to the old one. I mean it wouldn't be the end of scenery as we know it if a new version was created, we'd just need a way to tell that it hasn't been made as honestly as the old version :b

Well ya I agree it's not a huge deal and yes in the past it's never been a problem, I just think that it could be exponentially easier and would save sooo much time. Think of how many scenery tracks are being made today vs. the past. Now imagine how many we would be making if we had these hacks. Do you see what I'm saying?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:43 am

I do understand about the amount of scenery tracks being made, but that's mainly due to standards of a scenery track these days, everything usually has to be perfect. I'm not protesting the making of a new one completley, but I would not use it as I personally love the simple idea of making a beautiful monument by just drawing lines without any additional input.
I'd just like to say again that if a new version was made, I'd just want a way to tell that it was made using the new version so that we know how much effort was put into it compared to the current version. That does sound harsh yes, but I think a scenery track made with the required effort of today's tracks is much more impressive as one with the proposed version.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:46 am

Wizzy wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:50 am

Well you would still be drawing everything yourself, just moving it. That's all. I'm not saying copy/paste and make duplicates of lines, I mean just moving things around from canvas to canvas. The benefits far outweigh that of any cons (which there are none I might add, because cheating already exists.)
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:56 am

Ell if all that's happening is that lines are being moved from .sol to .sol or save file to save file, why couldn't they just be drawn on the track in the first place?
Unless you mean that if a monument was placed a little bit to the left of where you wanted it and you had to remove it because it didn't look right...that's happened to me >9000 times .-.
I think copy and paste would result in too much abuse, but moving lines in ONE save file and not from others or other .sols would be okay if there isn't a way to abuse it...
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 am

:facepalm:

xD Nononono. Read my first post again. I still don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. The idea is just moving things around. I guess if you could give it a term "cross-tracking" as mhenr said would be a good way to put it.

Edit: Think of Photoshop and how you can take multiple images and mesh them together into one canvas.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:03 am

what wizzy wants basically is a way to work on monuments without LR lagging to crap every time he hits play to see what it looks like

or something
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:04 am

^ That also
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:06 am

Personally, I think that if the toolset of LR gets extended, you won't see "current level" tracks get made faster. You'll see a whole new level of creativity.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:08 am

All the more reason to have more hacks xD and I think there would be somewhat of a difference in the time it takes to make things, given the right tools.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:23 am

Wolf_Spirit wrote:If people can't handle the time it takes to make a good scenery track and the patience required for it, they shouldn't really be looking for ways to make everything easier...

You strike me as the kind of person who would have complained when Cadez introduced the eraser with Beta 2.
Clearly our current sceners are slackers and cheaters because they can't handle the time it takes to make a track without it.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 am

mhenr18 wrote:

You strike me as the kind of person who would have complained when Cadez introduced the eraser with Beta 2.
Clearly our current sceners are slackers and cheaters because they can't handle the time it takes to make a track without it.

Agreed.

People are capable of making good scenery as it stands, but how often do you see them? Where are all of those people currently? It gets tedious.
Its your god damn art, you should be able to duplicate it all you want. Not as "cheating" but simply optimising the artist workflow to reduce the horrible pain that is repetitive BS. Maybe if Wolf did some large scenery tracks he would understand.
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:43 am

blesshiscottonsocks wrote:
mhenr18 wrote:

Agreed.

People are capable of making good scenery as it stands, but how often do you see them? Where are all of those people currently? It gets tedious.
Its your god damn art, you should be able to duplicate it all you want. Not as "cheating" but simply optimising the artist workflow to reduce the horrible pain that is repetitive BS. Maybe if Wolf did some large scenery tracks he would understand.

From the legend himself, truth be told!
Shall we take a vote? :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:12 am

I vote chocolate pie!

The votes are in, you win.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:33 pm

go and play unbound! wolf's right here.
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Wizzy wrote::facepalm:

xD Nononono. Read my first post again. I still don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. The idea is just moving things around. I guess if you could give it a term "cross-tracking" as mhenr said would be a good way to put it.

Edit: Think of Photoshop and how you can take multiple images and mesh them together into one canvas.
See:
Wolf_Spirit wrote:
Unless you mean that if a monument was placed a little bit to the left of where you wanted it and you had to remove it because it didn't look right...that's happened to me >9000 times .-.
I'm down with that shizzle, as long as it can't be abused.

mhenr18 wrote:You strike me as the kind of person who would have complained when Cadez introduced the eraser with Beta 2.
I'm fine with new additions as long as they can't be abused...
And scenery tracks are being worked on nowadays, in the streams, secret projects and clans. Just since more of us are getting older and going to university/college, it's hard to find sufficient time to even make bare tracks, letalone scenery.

blesshiscottonsocks wrote:Maybe if Wolf did some large scenery tracks he would understand.
.-. No comment

*sigh*
I'm trying to stress the point also that it'd be okay to add the moving scenery function as long as it cannot be abused.
Copy and paste functions are out of the question in my opinion.
Never knew so many people had conflicting views on this topic...

Though, nothing could actually stop this version being created, I'm not compeltely against it as it could help people who have computers with low line count capacity. But I just like the simple idea of using lines to create wonderful pieces of art.
I'm fine if it were to be made, I just wouldn't use it, that's all :P

Last edited by Wolf_Spirit on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm

mhenr18 wrote:unless you want to see Line Rider continue to stagnate and slide into obscurity, you're going to need to accept that there needs to be change.
dude, you think we're on track for a revival? xD
KillinTime2792 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:If wizzy thinks we can go on the honor system he's being pretty naive about the internet. Look at all the LAOTW entries busted for tracing. (and those were only the ones CAUGHT)
i think the honor system would work fine, if someone gets busted they basically lose all reputation, forever. who'd risk that just to make 1 track look better?
Look at the people who got caught. Look at how their reputation was not "ruined forever"
mhenr18 wrote:Unbound was not stupid due to importing. It was stupid because it was delayed, it was stupid because it threw out the engine that millions knew and replaced it with something totally different, it was stupid because it tried to turn a toy into a game, and it was stupid because it slapped a childish UI on something that should have appealed to all ages. Unbound was a change that ignored the fundamental premise of Line Rider. That's why it failed.
True, but also because you could import files and thus make anything you wanted to put on the track in photoshop. = Line Rider scening doesn't involve the same skills anymore.

mhenr18 wrote:
Dude, there's a big difference between Breathtaking Silence and Die at the Slopes. Beta 1 lasted how long? (a few months?) Beta 2 lasted how long? (a few years?)

-----------------

Wizzy wrote:Well you would still be drawing everything yourself, just moving it. That's all. I'm not saying copy/paste and make duplicates of lines, I mean just moving things around from canvas to canvas. The benefits far outweigh that of any cons (which there are none I might add, because cheating already exists.)
Wolf_Spirit wrote:if a monument was placed a little bit to the left of where you wanted it and you had to remove it because it didn't look right...that's happened to me >9000 times .-.
I think copy and paste would result in too much abuse, but moving lines in ONE save file and not from others or other .sols would be okay if there isn't a way to abuse it...
Wolf_Spirit wrote:if someone was going to make a new version with these scenery hax, there should be a way of differentiating between the new version and the old one so we know which have been made with hax and which haven't as probably most current sceners will keep to the old one. I mean it wouldn't be the end of scenery as we know it if a new version was created, we'd just need a way to tell that it hasn't been made as honestly as the old version :b
Here's my thoughts:
  • Selecting lines and moving them around on a single canvas (no copy paste) would be ok to add right into 6.7 (or whatever it would be) (though I've been a huge advocate of planning monuments when nobody else seems to want to, and I'm inclined to just say screw you if you don't plan)
  • Adding a copy/paste feature into Line Rider (while not somehow against the ethics of the community) IS NO LONGER BETA 2 and we need a way to distinguish it from Beta 2
You can argue that it's like going from Beta 1 to Beta 2, but THEY HAD DIFFERENT INTERFACES - you could tell which one was which from recordings.

I just don't want this turning into the administrative mess that was the modified quirk physics engine. I don't think anyone except me understands what a mess that has been through out the years. We had three tracks released by idiotic trolls trying to pretend they suddenly learned how to quirk, and only ZNF could tell they were lying. We have a featured track that was made in modified quirk physics (Vibrato) and inspired dozens of people, only to find out that it was made in like 20 minutes years later (I remember Ktk saying that it all looked entirely possible to him, and I took his word). We STILL get people posting tracks with that engine and pretending they aren't.

I really, really, don't want that again. And if we have cross-save copy paste, that will change huge things involving LAOTW and what is and isn't acceptable, and open up HUGE opportunities for cheating...

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Wizzy wrote:
2. Effortless, or making work a hell of a lot easier?

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Wizzy wrote:
2. Effortless, or making work a hell of a lot easier?
stop trying to throw in your 2 cents without actually reading the thread.

(that goes for Raf, chiller, and Rev too)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:15 pm

^I didn't read the thread, but did Da Vinci have copy pasta? :|

I'm no scener so feel free to poop on my words, but I feel like everyone in this "new generation" of sceners are wittle babies compared to the old ones. Honestly, if you're gonna call yourself a scener, grow a pair and scene the way it's always been done. If you wanna be called a copy-paster, go copy and paste like the people with little wieners.

Again, I'm no scener, so poop.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Votale wrote:^I didn't read the thread, but did Da Vinci have copy pasta? :|

I'm no scener so feel free to poop on my words, but I feel like everyone in this "new generation" of sceners are wittle babies compared to the old ones. Honestly, if you're gonna call yourself a scener, grow a pair and scene the way it's always been done. If you wanna be called a copy-paster, go copy and paste like the people with little wieners.

Again, I'm no scener, so poop.
Leonardo da Vinci was using traditional mediums, dont mistake the amount of time a piece of work takes with its actual artistic value.

Lets say i draw a rock.

Ive proven that I can draw that rock to a reasonable standard, well done me. Now, by being able to copy/paste that rock in certain places i would be able to spend more time on the details in-between rather than having to spend hours recreating my own work multiple times. The only instance that this could be abused in, would be if people copy/pasted the item far too much, making it far too obvious, and ruining the effect. Artists create fantastic pieces of work on photoshop, the program has endless ways of "cheating" as you call it. Then again, one can always tell the difference between a traced piece of work done by a 13 year old on deviantart, and an original piece utilising the full artistic tool set posted on a more creditable website.

If someone does try to exploit the copy/paste functionality then you will instantly notice it. And if not, who are you to judge, you enjoyed it anyway. I dont like the idea that art done on a line rider track is rated by how long it took to create, it seems to be a view taken by people with hardly any experience in the gut wrenching experience that is scening a lage track. 100K+ of the same pattern/design and such.

Techdawg told me a while back that he traced some of his monuments, traced them from designs he had created on photoshop. It took a lot of manual work, planning, and it payed off. Who cares if he traced, honestly? Do you feel deceived? No. He was and still is the best guy to have ever laid his hands on this game and probably inspired you do join these forums in the first place. Once again, there is a difference between blindly tracing an image, and tracing a design you created yourself with a lot of thought and skill.

I just don't want this turning into the administrative mess that was the modified quirk physics engine. I don't think anyone except me understands what a mess that has been through out the years. We had three tracks released by idiotic trolls trying to pretend they suddenly learned how to quirk, and only ZNF could tell they were lying. We have a featured track that was made in modified quirk physics (Vibrato) and inspired dozens of people, only to find out that it was made in like 20 minutes years later (I remember Ktk saying that it all looked entirely possible to him, and I took his word). We STILL get people posting tracks with that engine and pretending they aren't.

Yeah, wasn't I the one rooting for the vibrato scandal? I was pretty annoyed about everybody shooting me down for even suggesting that is was made using a hacked version.
Anyway, I agree with what you say, copy/paste would be best to be implemented in a visibly different version of Line Rider, for obvious reasons...
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum