We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YouTube = bad

+7
Rafael
Ktk
JoaTrades
Chui Ninji
Brandon971
Kohuda
Helios Pavonine
11 posters

Go down

YouTube = bad Empty YouTube = bad

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 am

I can't watch any videos on YouTube, only on channels and when I turn my Flash plugin (Firefox) on and off. It also doesn't work on Google Chrome = even worse because Google OWNS YouTube :facepalm:

The video doesn't load, but the music does. I only see a black screen in front of me. Anyone got this problem too?
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

YouTube = bad Empty Re: YouTube = bad

Post by Kohuda Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 am

Update your flashplayer?
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon971 Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah, I had a lot of problems with flash related thing (club penguin trolololol) but when I upgraded Flash it was fine
Brandon971
Brandon971

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Actually, this happened to me a couple times. All I did was scroll down then scroll back up. And if that didn't work, I'd refresh.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Heh, that's funny, refreshing does work...

WHY DO I KEEP MAKING USELESS THREADS?

I refreshed 100 times yesterday and it still didn't work and now it just works.. Suspicious
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:41 pm

I haven't had this problem but YouTube sucks. It's a shame it's so over popular, less retarded video sites like Vimeo don't have a chance. :|
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:28 am

OH yeah you're cool for liking a less famous video site with less userbase than Youtube.

Please. Youtube is great for what it is. Userbase defines the site. Cough WRTL
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:28 am

Youtube is good, but used to be 10^100 times better.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:44 am

^so true...youtube used to be the coolest site out there..
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 am

Refreshing doesn't work now.

D:
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Ktk wrote:OH yeah you're cool for liking a less famous video site with less userbase than Youtube.

Please. Youtube is great for what it is. Userbase defines the site. Cough WRTL

I wasn't trying to be cool. I'm just saying I don't really like the site very much especially compared to the way it used to be. I like Vimeo because it's simple and isn't contaminated with a bunch of annoying ads and stuff. The problem is nobody uses Vimeo.

It's just my opinion. :|
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Problem not solved yet. This is really starting to annoy me.

/on-topic

EDIT: Solved, it was the hardware acceleration. I wonder why nobody knew of this problem.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm

When Vimeo first came out, Youtube sucked, and Vimeo was sexy HD awesomeness. Youtube was like "Oh shi-, they might become better!" and then came out with 1080p with 15 minute limits, and non partners randomly get more than 15 for being awesome.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:18 pm

I wasn't trying to be cool. I'm just saying I don't really like the site very much especially compared to the way it used to be. I like Vimeo because it's simple and isn't contaminated with a bunch of annoying ads and stuff. The problem is nobody uses Vimeo.
The cool part was mean sarcasm, but my point still stands; the userbase defines the site. Apparently you like Vimeo because it's simple and not "contaminated by ads"... But if more people used it (this satisfying your condition of more people using Vimeo so that you could watch more videos on it instead of on Youtube) then it will go commercial, like everything that gets popular does, and it will become like Youtube. Don't fall into the trap that companies are on your side, because they're never on your side. It's all shenanigans to maximize profits and staying afloat. Before Youtube turned "bad" it wasn't making any profits and the Google merge changed that, albeit at the cost of advertisements and limitations. But hey, at least it's still here.

Most things are better before it hits mainstream anyways. I'm not proselytizing though the tone definitely sounds like it... But it seems like your opinions are based on something I can't align myself with :|

Oh yeah and < google fanboy
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:30 pm

^ ... I'm thinking of a witty reply to that, but i just can't.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Traxis wrote:When Vimeo first came out, Youtube sucked, and Vimeo was sexy HD awesomeness. Youtube was like "Oh shi-, they might become better!" and then came out with 1080p with 15 minute limits, and non partners randomly get more than 15 for being awesome.

Im not a partner but I can upload over 15 minutes, but I got to keep it under 2GB which isn't that hard.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:07 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:
Traxis wrote:When Vimeo first came out, Youtube sucked, and Vimeo was sexy HD awesomeness. Youtube was like "Oh shi-, they might become better!" and then came out with 1080p with 15 minute limits, and non partners randomly get more than 15 for being awesome.

Im not a partner but I can upload over 15 minutes, but I got to keep it under 2GB which isn't that hard.

Same, if you don't break rules they randomly say "oh, here's extra time. Just don't make huge videos."
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down