Ads On Youtube

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ads On Youtube

Post by efrazable on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Everyone has adblock, true, but just thought I'd throw out that Youtube, with the new update, made it automatic that every user have ads on every video. You can easily turn it off: http://www.youtube.com/account

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am

This to me isn't something I'd want to turn off. I'm a youtube partner, and if I get money whenever you watch my videos, then I want that money. Even if you have adblock, I still get the money from the view. I just get extra with the ads.
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by TheRevTastic on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 am

kevansevans wrote:This to me isn't something I'd want to turn off. I'm a youtube partner, and if I get money whenever you watch my videos, then I want that money. Even if you have adblock, I still get the money from the view. I just get extra with the ads.

I actually depend on the ads being a Machinima partner. So fffffuuu people with adblock.

_________________

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by gaoyubao on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:19 am

I don't have adblock.

_________________
avatar
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by darklight on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 pm

I don't approve of mandatory ads, so I use this feature. If you're trying to make money off of youtube, you're better off getting a real job somewhere.
avatar
darklight
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by Stallie on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:18 pm

@darklight wrote:I don't approve of mandatory ads, so I use this feature. If you're trying to make money off of youtube, you're better off getting a real job somewhere.

True but there are a pretty good amount of people making a lot of money on YouTube, just look around for yourself. I also do agree a job is easy for getting money, but being good at something and making money off of YouTube can be just like a job.
avatar
Stallie
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by Lankher on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm

@darklight wrote:you're better off getting a real job somewhere.

that's even worse than saying "get a life" to someone who's playing video games.
being a youtube partner is a real job.

_________________
FreakingKoalaMan wrote:well freaking hipster genius over here oh herp a derp look at me i'm kramwood
avatar
Lankher
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by Traxis on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I don't upload videos, and I hate people who use adblock.

The people I watch regularly have above average salaries (I don't know the numbers, but based on # of views per video and avg money per view I can assume), and their entire job is Youtube. Without it, they have no income at all. Ads are like 95% of their revenue, and if they don't get paids for ads, they don't get paid, and can't continue to make videos.

If you use adblock, you shouldn't be allowed to watch videos. Just my opinion.

Especially since any add longer than 15 seconds (even some at 15 seconds) have a skip ad after 5 seconds, there's no reason to block them.

_________________
@Hedgehogs4me wrote:Threadmaster Trax has requested a death. I shall snipe it from the window.





avatar
Traxis
Member

The True Giygas


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by efrazable on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 pm

@Traxis wrote:Especially since any add longer than 15 seconds (even some at 15 seconds) have a skip ad after 5 seconds, there's no reason to block them.
I've had dozens of 30 second ads that had no skips (on youtube and game sites).

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:38 pm

@Traxis wrote:If you use adblock, you shouldn't be allowed to watch videos. Just my opinion.

You should be banned from these forums because you don't play Line Rider much, and aren't very active. Just my opinion :|

Adblock doesn't just block youtube ads, they block ANY AD OF ANY SORT, and I love it. Seen that ad where you barely roll your mouse over, and the entire screen cuts away because that ad thinks you're interested? Ever been in you living room playing a flash game, an ad comes up blaring "JOIN THE ROMAN ORGY NOW!", and your parents see that? No, I am not the millionth viewer, and I haven't been the millionth guy for the past 12 thousand times you've told me. I do not have 5 ring tones ready to be downloaded. There are not hot singles who can't wait to be with me in my local area. No, I do not want a free Ipad, or any apple product of sort. oops, I was one pixel off from the exit button when I tried to click it, now it's redirecting me to a site that has twelve billion viruses. I don't want to press the button before that other thing does. I don't want a bunch of free cursors to bling out my desktop. I don't want a free desktop stripper. I DON"T WANT ANY OF IT.

I don't give a [censored] if you have adblock or not, I get more money from the views anyways. But if youtube is offering me money from the ads, I'll take what I can get.
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by efrazable on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 pm

kevansevans wrote:
@Traxis wrote:If you use adblock, you shouldn't be allowed to watch videos. Just my opinion.
You should be banned from these forums because you don't play Line Rider much, and aren't very active. Just my opinion :|
good analogy.

That is, unless that's an opinion.

In which case, die.

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by theacp127 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 pm

This debate is pointless... :|

_________________
My Newest Line Rider Track
internal dialogue
Working on new track right now!  Very Happy
<----- I wanted to be worthy of LCC. At least hedge believed in me.
@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I can see you becoming known as one of the best riders of 2012.
avatar
theacp127
Member

1st place in best newb


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by Traxis on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:11 am

Ads on videos keep the videos being made. No Ads, most of the popular youtubers quit because they have no money.

Me playing line rider does not keep this site existing, if I stop playing, the popular Line Riders will not stop playing.

Terrible analogy.

Also, adblock in general is good, but most you can click like twice to stop it, do that when you're on Youtube so there's more revenue created for Youtube, thus keeping it alive.

_________________
@Hedgehogs4me wrote:Threadmaster Trax has requested a death. I shall snipe it from the window.





avatar
Traxis
Member

The True Giygas


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:50 am

1) Youtube pays you for your views. Google pays you for ads. Youtube may be owned by google, but youtube partnership is not controlled by google. Take away those ads, people still get money because no significant change occurred in people watching the video. Go read about Google Adsense and Youtube partnership.

2) You're only calling it a terrible analogy because you don't want to lose. Contradiction only works if you have evidence to back it up. I never said you keep this site alive, nor did I say your activity one way or another influences this site.

3) Clicking on the ad only proves you acknowledged it. This tells the creators of the ad to became more aggressive, even when you click the exit button. The fact that you took your time to close the ad could of meant that you actually read it. I mean, it was annoying enough for you to close it, right? It's sneaky, I know, but that's one of the ways they keep track of everything.

4)@The cap or whatever the [censored] your name is. "Pointless" debates can't be stopped with pointless posts.
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by TheRevTastic on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 am

1) Kevan, right now you're sounding [censored] stupid. You analogy was idiotic and your posts after that analogy was pointless. And who said you were contradicting yourself? Nobody.

2) You aren't a YouTube partner, just because you can put ads on your videos, use custom thumbnails and maybe/probably have scheduled uploading doesn't mean anything. I had those before becoming a full partner but that didn't make me a partner. Also fyi I hope you know you can get in trouble with putting ads on your Doom videos or w/e other video game videos you have due to you not having agreements with the game publishers to make money off of their games.

3) Who gives a shit if you click the "Skip add in 5/4/3/2/1/sec..." button and they track it, nobody.

4) Well that's one way to show how ignorant you are, good job Thumbs Up

_________________

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 am

1) Never said I was contradicting myself, not on c did I say "Hey, I'm contradicting myself", nor did I ever claim that anyone was saying I was contradicting myself. I said "Hey, you're only saying that to contradict me." Quit trying to twist my words around.

2)

Also, I can claim fair use. And why would they want to get me in trouble? It brings attention to the game, and youtube. So it's win-win wherever you look at it.

3) Well excuse me for actually for sharing that fact, because you know, were discussing ads, so we might as well spread what we know.

4) Summed up, you calling me ignorant is basically "You're stupid because I said so."
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by darklight on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:15 pm

@Lankher wrote:
@darklight wrote:you're better off getting a real job somewhere.

that's even worse than saying "get a life" to someone who's playing video games.
being a youtube partner is a real job.

For it to be a real job, you have to be making "real" money. There are a very small number of people making "real" money off of youtube. You need to get massive amounts of views on videos to make any substantial amount of money, and still there is a large amount of time and effort, and most importantly luck needed to be spent to get there. Youtube doesn't offer you health benefits, Youtube doesn't offer you a stable source of income, and frankly, Youtube doesn't pay the bills. The fact of the matter is that a tangible, non-internet job is much higher paying than a youtube partnership. Quit kidding yourself.
avatar
darklight
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by Lankher on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:33 pm

@darklight wrote:
@Lankher wrote:
@darklight wrote:you're better off getting a real job somewhere.

that's even worse than saying "get a life" to someone who's playing video games.
being a youtube partner is a real job.

For it to be a real job, you have to be making "real" money. There are a very small number of people making "real" money off of youtube. You need to get massive amounts of views on videos to make any substantial amount of money, and still there is a large amount of time and effort, and most importantly luck needed to be spent to get there. Youtube doesn't offer you health benefits, Youtube doesn't offer you a stable source of income, and frankly, Youtube doesn't pay the bills. The fact of the matter is that a tangible, non-internet job is much higher paying than a youtube partnership. Quit kidding yourself.

So what if people might get more money? isn't it better that they do what they love to be doing?
stop trying to look down on people who doesn't want to take the safe path in life, you can live in your damn cubicle for all I care but why would you bash people for doing what they want to do?

_________________
FreakingKoalaMan wrote:well freaking hipster genius over here oh herp a derp look at me i'm kramwood
avatar
Lankher
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by darklight on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 pm

What I want to do and enjoy in life is support and raise a family.
avatar
darklight
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 pm

And you're perfectly entitled to do that. Likewise, people who want to make a living off of youtube are also entitled to follow whatever path they may choose. Life choices are exactly that: they're choices, and they're your own to make.

_________________
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ L  O  O  K  W  H  O  ' S  B  A  C  K ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ


MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
avatar
roflmaoqwerty
Member

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by ACwazHere on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Point of the thread: "Your YouTube videos might be showing ads. You can turn them off if you want."

Direction of the thread: "I hate ads on other websites." "Oh no that was a good analogy because [paragraph here]." "Your argument is invalid." "I want to raise a family."

Are you guys serious? Lol. You should feel embarrassed. Except for efraz who was nice enough to let us know this fact. CLOSED

_________________

Steve Lives
avatar
ACwazHere
Member

fuck around and get dunked on


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads On Youtube

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum