We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inXile and youtube

+13
Rafael
Purtle
Slyther Demon
baconat0r
Hedgehogs4Me
Lone Rocket
Wolf_Spirit
King D
Kohuda
PerryBoy
CHiH
Georgio_jc
Binglinerider
17 posters

Go down

inXile and youtube Empty inXile and youtube

Post by Binglinerider Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:05 am

This is just something I thought of recently. Once a line rider video usually gets a decent amount of views (in the thousands), as many of you noticed, inXile claims that the content is owned by them. This has been going on for a long time now. The good thing is that they actually dont take down the video. But it made me think of a few things. Doesn't fsk still own the rights to the beta versions? If so, then they shouldn't claim it as their content. Another thing, inXile is now making money off of our vids. Since they get to place ads on our videos, the profit from the ads goes to them. Just doesnt seem right lol. But what can we do 8D

discuss nublets
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

inXile and youtube Empty Re: inXile and youtube

Post by Georgio_jc Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:39 am

Yea I've realized that, I've received some of those ;_;

...and in fact, I don't care as long as my videos aren't affected. Apart from that we can't do anything against those nubs xD

/negative thinking ftl.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 am

They have even claimed videos made with Flash Animator. But I don't think they are doing anything other than using that 'tag' as unofficial advertising.
CHiH
CHiH

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by PerryBoy Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:08 am

Hmm, well that sucks. Not really much you can do about it though unless Fsk does something, and to be honest I can't see him caring that much.
PerryBoy
PerryBoy

http://www.dailybooth.com/Itz_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:16 am

Umm..

Beat the carp out of them?

8D

No idea.
It's like adobe claims every game made in flash...
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by King D Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:41 am

It's not that big of a deal. For all we know it is possible InXile does own it. Besides, putting a few more dollars in their pockets isn't gonna kill us.
King D
King D

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:47 am

King D wrote:It's not that big of a deal. For all we know it is possible InXile does own it. Besides, putting a few more dollars in their pockets isn't gonna kill us.
I suppose but it is a bit annoying that people who put their time and effort into tracks are having money made from them and not seeing a single penny/(whatever you other countries have :P)
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

King D wrote:It's not that big of a deal. For all we know it is possible InXile does own it. Besides, putting a few more dollars in their pockets isn't gonna kill us.
No, Fsk still owns the copyright to the beta versions of Line Rider. InXile owns the rights to silverlight, unbound and freestyle.
We could always make a rant on .comabout it, :P
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:19 pm

I believe BHCS told me not too long ago that fsk sold most of his rights to the flash version. He's staff on .com, so I believed him. Is this not the case?
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 pm

shouldnt he be top admin on .com??? anyways its good they dont take the videos down or else there would be major problems.... soon they will pay people to watch our videos to get the view count up so they can put ads all over our pages.

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Everyone should contact fsk, and tell him to get InXile to shove the copyright up ther a- Uhm, we need to all make a big complaint and send it to InXile, and then go to Obama to sue InXile.

Really, I don't know what we can do, they are a big company, and we are a bunch of members at an unofficial forum, using there property.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Ya i have already known about this and thought about it. TBh i don't really care. It isn't a big deal because if it wasn't claimed no one would be making money so i dont see it as money that i deserve.

Besides none of my videos are worth money :p
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Traxis wrote:Everyone should contact fsk, and tell him to get InXile to shove the copyright up ther a- Uhm, we need to all make a big complaint and send it to InXile, and then go to Obama to sue InXile.

Really, I don't know what we can do, they are a big company, and we are a bunch of members at an unofficial forum, using there property.
Yeah I agree that we can't do much really, but without us, Line ridere may not be famous because of our tracks, and then line rider wouldn't be as successuful as it is. This may not be right, but it's how I see it..
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 pm

yeah, wolf has a point, without us, they would've never made Unbound, don't forget TD is from InXile so he may help us as soon as the forum is back up.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 pm

This started happening about a half year ago I think, as long as nothing happens to the video, it doesn't really matter. :P
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:50 pm

we should all just stop relasing tracks for like 2 months (not really) and during that time everyone make a screw you inxile track.

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 am

Someone make something good with one of the hacks and see what they do with that, if they bother to claim it as theirs xD

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 am

Yes, I've seen, it don't really bother me. But it's kinda annoying that someone else makes moneys out of my tracks, if you know what I mean. (As WS said)

And I know no LineRider guy is close to getting partner (except TD maybe), but in the future, one of us might. And then it would suck if we couldn't cause we used copyrighted material. (InXile)
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Do what mhenr said.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:11 pm

LineRiderGjert wrote:Yes, I've seen, it don't really bother me. But it's kinda annoying that someone else makes moneys out of my tracks, if you know what I mean. (As WS said)

And I know no LineRider guy is close to getting partner (except TD maybe), but in the future, one of us might. And then it would suck if we couldn't cause we used copyrighted material. (InXile)
So people in linerider are actually getting partnered? Wow, applied a while ago, they said I had all the criteria but I didn't have enough views Sad Even if I have copyright music, I'll just say I didn't fully read the application Hehe Also, it would suck if we're not allowed to get paid 'coz of inXile
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down