We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant: The LCC Contest

+8
CHiH
Rafael
Wolf_Spirit
Kohuda
Slyther Demon
Georgio_jc
rabid squirrel
Sheldon
12 posters

Go down

Rant: The LCC Contest Empty Rant: The LCC Contest

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:45 pm

I think this is unfair. We worked hard to prove we deserved LCC on irtl and loose it when it goes down if we dont make a track to prove we are still LCC material.
1.We may be on vacation, and cant make a track
2.We may want to have fun this summer
3. this isnt the real irtl so why make such big desicions on a backup site
4. Tech Dawg may not approve this(if he ever finds out)
5. Some people dont have intrest in lr without irtl, like me. I have no insperation without real irtl
6. Hedge you should have consulted with the LCCs before doing this
7. This isnt REAL IRtL!!!
8. If you dont want the origanol LCCs in LCC its your loss
9.Some LCCs may not like the new site
10. Some LCCs may not know of the new site and/or contest
11.It would be cool if we could enter a track we released 2-3 weeks ago, due to my/others insperation lack now
12. All of the above could lead to someone undeserving of LCC getting LCC due to the lack of people in LCC on real irtl but not here not entering.
I will quit if you continue with this foolish LCC contest, say you dont care what I say. IRtL is my insperation, and if lcc fails then I wont like IRtL and have no insperation. Dont complain this is my opinion.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Rant: The LCC Contest Empty Re: Rant: The LCC Contest

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:02 pm

If you don't want to make a track, then you won't be active in LCC.
This is IRTL as much as it will be, for now. If you don't like it then leave.
Seriously? TD doesn't have anything to do with LCC.
5. Some people dont have intrest in lr without irtl, like me. I have no insperation without real irtl
11.It would be cool if we could enter a track we released 2-3 weeks ago, due to my/others insperation lack now
That's your problem. Plus, if you don't have inspiration then you won't participate in the projects.
Chih and me, isn't that good enough?
Now you're just being redundant.
One we're willing to take.
Then they can leave too.
Well, then they wouldn't be in LCC anyway would they?
12. All of the above could lead to someone undeserving of LCC getting LCC due to the lack of people in LCC on real irtl but not here not entering.
Winning the contest doesn't guarantee your getting in.

Also - you know you can get in by the traditional system as well - it's not like this contest is replacing that.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:09 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
If you don't want to make a track, then you won't be active in LCC. Unlike you some people may have a life during the summer. I was just at boyscout camp for a week. I do all my tracks during school
This is IRTL as much as it will be, for now. If you don't like it then leave. Im not active here because i only like real irtl
Seriously? TD doesn't have anything to do with LCC.
That's your problem. Plus, if you don't have inspiration then you won't participate in the projects.I get insperation from real irtl. no irtl=no insperation
Chih and me, isn't that good enough?
Now you're just being redundant. It isnt IRtL
One we're willing to take. Have fun making fail collabs
Then they can leave too. Nothing compares to real irtl
Well, then they wouldn't be in LCC anyway would they? If no one told them they will loose lcc without warning and most likely be angry
Winning the contest doesn't guarantee your getting in. Then whats the point of the contest.
Also - you know you can get in by the traditional system as well - it's not like this contest is replacing that.
Whitch will most likely happen
Replyed in red
And if you were smart you would be kind and let us have lcc back then demote us if we are inactive

Last edited by Sheldon on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Well, I'm not a big fan of that contest too, but I do believe that it is good to restart the LCC, even if there was an overhaul not long ago.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Georgio_jc wrote:Well, I'm not a big fan of that contest too, but I do believe that it is good to restart the LCC, even if there was an overhaul not long ago.
But it really makes LCCs that will not be LCC anymore because they dont have time to make an entry. What im trying to get out of this is so we can use tracks we release 2-3 weeks ago
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:26 pm

well, since you just repeated yourself and didn't even think about what I said, I'm not going to continue to argue after this post.

But I will say this: If you don't have any inspiration for this temp IRTL, then you won't have any inspiration if we make you LCC on this temp IRTL. You're giving us reasons NOT to promote you. Try to get that through your head.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Thats why this site fails and should not have been made
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:28 pm

Sheldon, this IS Irtl, even if its not the original. Super mario on a Gamecube or Wii is still super mario, even if it's not the original for NES

If you don't want to make tracks, then the LCC doesn't want you, because LCC is all about making tracks. And most people can have fun in the summer, and still be on Irtl, playing LR. If you can't, I'm sorry, don't make other people lose out as well.

If you don't like how the staff, let me repeat that. THE STAFF, who are the smartest people at this site, the most respectable and responsible people around, then you shouldn't be here. They know what they are doing, and they have reasons for having new LCCs, like being able to have a different type of people, and new people who have skill, instead of the same 10 or so people doing the same thing.

I am not going to address everyone of your silly ranting complaints, if the staff can't make desicions, then why are they Mods and Admins. Think about that.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 pm

There's 1 thing you should know Sheldon, this site IS IRtL, all that is going to be done here, is going to be done later in the old IRtL
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:15 am

Huh? So we're not allowed to enter an old track at all??
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:27 pm

wolf_spirit wrote:Huh? So we're not allowed to enter an old track at all??
yes we are :P

and
bye bye sheldon =)
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Quit bawwing!

This is a contest that Hedge had talked about running after ToC3 went to the voting rounds. I'm glad he decided to start it up early.

So I guess what I'd like to say is ride or GTFO. :|
CHiH
CHiH

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Traxis wrote:THE STAFF, who are the smartest people at this site

You don't know that for sure :p, a rewording would be nice there. I get what you are saying but it isn't necessarily true, although the staff seems to be pretty smart intelligence wise.

Sorry that was bothering me i had to say it.

Sheldon you said that since winning isn't guarenteed to get you in the lcc, then what is the contest for or something.
What I am theorizing is that this contest is more to try to get people to make great tracks and such, because its called the LCC contest they want to do the best they can so they might be able to get in the LCC.

Or something along those lines. Besides that though, everything else you have said has been pretty...not the most intelligent things to say.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:02 pm

yeh but the only annoying thing is you can't enter collabs which I have been WORKING AGES ON AND I STILL CAN'T ENTER THIS COMPETITION!
Ah well, they'll be other competitions, and if the LC's enter and do terrible might they lose their LC-ship?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Sheldon, you're saying this isn't the real IRtL, well eys, it is. Since most of the people with ranks on here will get them on the original when it comes back, and they're treating this as a restart to the whole ranks. Most of the leets on the original IRtL can, and will lose their status on there because of the fact that staff are restarting the ranks, to an extent. Now, you may say that people who've had leet on the original site have gotten it here, while that might be true, we've gotten it through activity on here, not via our position on the original forum, otherwise all of the leets from the original forum would get the rank as they join.
Your rant is stupid and pointless, and NOT A RANT AT ALL. This is because you put 12 one sentence points into a thread. that is in no way a rant. A rant is generally at least 20 -30 lines long MINIMUM structured into paragraphs, and the occasional single line sentence for effect.
You're only posting about this contest because you feel an insecurity inside yourself that you cannot gain back the rank at all. You're saying that you use the original forum for inspiration, mmk then, you use a load of pixels, and people you only know by what they type over the internet as your inspiration for making good tracks. Kind of stupid inspiration standard, to me. Use true inspirational standards, like a certain image, or painting, whatever.
Now on my screen, this is only 10 lines long, but that is because my moniter is a little on the large side, and the average internet user's screen is much smaller, but that is besides the point. What I'm saying is that this post is more of a rant than this thread. This thread is more of a pety comment from an insecure child that hopes to create some sense of trolling via his weak and pointless "rant".
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Lone Rocket wrote:Sheldon, you're saying this isn't the real IRtL, well eys, it is. Since most of the people with ranks on here will get them on the original when it comes back, and they're treating this as a restart to the whole ranks. Most of the leets on the original IRtL can, and will lose their status on there because of the fact that staff are restarting the ranks, to an extent. Now, you may say that people who've had leet on the original site have gotten it here, while that might be true, we've gotten it through activity on here, not via our position on the original forum, otherwise all of the leets from the original forum would get the rank as they join.
Your rant is stupid and pointless, and NOT A RANT AT ALL. This is because you put 12 one sentence points into a thread. that is in no way a rant. A rant is generally at least 20 -30 lines long MINIMUM structured into paragraphs, and the occasional single line sentence for effect.
You're only posting about this contest because you feel an insecurity inside yourself that you cannot gain back the rank at all. You're saying that you use the original forum for inspiration, mmk then, you use a load of pixels, and people you only know by what they type over the internet as your inspiration for making good tracks. Kind of stupid inspiration standard, to me. Use true inspirational standards, like a certain image, or painting, whatever.
Now on my screen, this is only 10 lines long, but that is because my moniter is a little on the large side, and the average internet user's screen is much smaller, but that is besides the point. What I'm saying is that this post is more of a rant than this thread. This thread is more of a pety comment from an insecure child that hopes to create some sense of trolling via his weak and pointless "rant".
Sheldon got served,
also, if you think you can change the LCC just for saying you will leave if it will go on, you have a huuuuge ego
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 am

If you don't like it, you can leave. Goodbye.

As rabid said, which covers most of Sheldon's points by itself, you can still get in if you don't participate in the contest, by traditional means. You'll just get in after the contest takes place and you've proven yourself otherwise.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:17 pm

i find it funny that you said you have a life and went to boyscout camp... anyhoo this is what we are doing atm, so as said before, deal with it.

oh yeah, what projects have you participated in? I've been in more and i never even got LCC.

also purtle thinks i is dumb D:
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down