We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant on Rants About LCC

Go down

Rant on Rants About LCC Empty Rant on Rants About LCC

Post by CHiH Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:05 pm

I know I haven't been around much lately, and I'm still kinda in the dark about what and why people were mad about the LCC contest. I might even be a little too late to the discussion. But a little history for those who don't know.

I started the LCC. I ran it. I chose everything, and it was made to create a LR motion picture. Well, that didn't work out, despite all the energy I poured into that project. I literally stopped playing Linerider to pursue that greater goal, that never materialized. When I took a break from LR after running ToC1, the LCC was a wreck, and my last request to Rabid at the time was to make it a democratic-invite system.

Rabid revamped the LCC. He made it work. It would have rightfully died without him. And other than the fact that projects take forever, the LCC has done an outstanding job. But even then the ones that got invites were invited by LCC that weren't truly active in LCC projects. Because the projects were few and far between, and we never really got people active in LCC projects at their peak of playing. And there was a stretch of time that Rabid wasn't too active either. Factor all that together and the LCC lay in ruins once again, at their height of membership.

So then came the IRTL revamp, which was very much needed. And then I don't remember when, but Hedge and I were discussing ToC3 and he came up with the idea of the LCC contest there on MSN. Sounded great to me.

So how did we get here? To the point that some were railing against Rabid and Hedge about how unfair this was? For trying to do something fun instead of just hand-picking new members? To create some excitement in the community? Seriously?

This was my baby, and the two of them are doing a fine job of running it, and keeping it running on its own. You don't need to agree with me, or with them. But don't get pissy with them that you didn't win a damn contest. If you're that pissed, then use it constructively to make yourself better than before.

And this is locked because quite frankly it doesn't need to be argued. There's only two people that should have the right to open this for discussion. The two that run the club.
CHiH
CHiH

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down