We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant: LCC contest

+14
mhenr18
Ktk
StingDaFling
Commandercoke
rabid squirrel
Smitsy
baconat0r
RyderLR
Wolf_Spirit
LineRiderGjert
Hedgehogs4Me
Inukaza
Cephyric
IGotGreasyBalls
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rant: LCC contest Empty Rant: LCC contest

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:35 am

So the LCC was restarted, with a big contest to choose all the best. Too bad that contest didn't mean s***. Okay first Hedge and Rabid chose about 10 people as the new LCC, they were supposed to make the contest fair by voting in the contest. 3 people won the contest and was promoted to LCC. So the contest was only responsible for 3 people joining out of the 12 already in, thats not a very big contest, considering that it was supposed to be the restart of the LCC. 12 of those LCC'ers was chosen mainly by hedge and rabid with maybe just a hint of influence from some other LCC.
So 3 people was promoted to LCC, that means the contest was succesful right? I think not look here:

rabid squirrel wrote:tell them that we're holding off on promotions until after the contest. Some people will likely get in regardless of if they enter or how they do. (don't tell them who though)

So even if there had been no contest the 3 would have become LCC anyways. The LCC contest just looks like its fair with the LCC choosing a bunch of people with the time of their life getting a chance to become LCC. Both georgio and WTB was discussed for promotion but you needed someone to win the contes.
rabid squirrel wrote:I was thinking about promoting all three, but I think we'll let them enter the contest Wink

Just to make sure the whole thing runs like you want it, the list of LCC you made to vote was chosen from the same prefrences as you. When i look in the polls i see everyone voting the same way, sometimes one vote is placed differently than the others. Why was i promoted immideately after the contest? I was apparently good enough but would interfere with their dirty plans by voting differently.

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:"I agree that IGGB will probably be in no matter what, so maybe we should just promote him now."

wat

I said maybe for IGGB

Anyways, the reason is that I think he's good at LR and would be great for LCC, but might not make the best judgements as to who else should be in, so I don't want him to judge the contest.

So to sum it up. Hedge and Rabid chose the first 12 persons to get LCC. All these people was going to vote for the same as them :| And if someone good didn't enter the contest they would simply promote him afterwards. This way Hedge and Rabid got to choose the whole LCC, and call it a restart. WTB georg and boo who actually entered the contest, would have gotten LCC even if they didn't enter the contest, but the contest gives an illusion of having it fair with the LCC choosing the LCC.

Here is the list of LCC and how they were promoted:
Bjerre - Promoted by hedge
Flagcapper - Promoted by hedge
Leomur - Promoted by hedge
Aspi - Nominated by bjerre promoted by hedge
BlessHisCottonSocks nominated by hedge agreed on by LineriderGjert
Nirobi - no information availabe which means hedge/rabid promoted

List of old LCC voted down:
[removed]

14 of 16 decisions was made by hedge/rabid.

Last edited by IGotGreasyBalls on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

https://dinnertrader.com/

Back to top Go down

Rant: LCC contest Empty Re: Rant: LCC contest

Post by Cephyric Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:08 am

Wait... What?

I chose the LCC, obviously :|
Cephyric
Cephyric

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:30 am

f*** you hedgy and rabid, I'm most likely going to quit Linerider now. Seeing that LCC was my inspiration, and That i didn't have a chance in this contest anyway. Which makes me pissed beyond anything. :| I knew this was fishy from the start, but that this whole thing is rig'd?

SO much for setting an example for everyone.

I feel played ;-;

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 am

No, it wasn't rigged. Do I really have to release the polls to prove it? >_>

Of course some people are going to get in regardless of whether they enter, but we'd still wait until they released tracks, to make sure they weren't going to join and then be inactive.
Also, I'm not sure if I would've said yes to .boo before he made his contest entry. Heck, I'm not even sure if I would've said yes to HKay unless I really saw Periculum stacked up against other tracks.

The reason I thought that you wouldn't be a very good voter is that you put style as a very high priority over raw skill, and clashing styles tend to cancel out in a big collab. Nothing personal, and it has nothing to do with diabolical evil scary monster plans.

We really only chose BHCS and LRG at the beginning iirc, and they helped choose the rest, so it wasn't like "hey rabid, let's choose 12 people!"
However, we did set up the idea of getting a bunch of people in to start with to be voters in the contest, and we did decide on BHCS and LRG to start (or maybe it was just LRG and then he helped vote on whether BHCS would be in, I forget).

In other news, 4 people were promoted, not 3.
And trust me, my first choices in the polls did NOT happen. There was one track in the first that I gave the only point to, and several others in various polls that I voted for and didn't get in or didn't vote for and got in.

So before you make a conspiracy theory, ask. It's not a conspiracy, honest. It's really not. Rabid and I are too stupid to make every poll before people enter and then based on that recruit people that will vote the same way we do. I don't think ANYONE's that smart.

Inu, getting knocked out in the second round is no shame, there were a lot of really good tracks there.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 am

Yeezez, nobody told me who to vote for. I voted for those I liked the best. And everyone else did too, as far as I know.

Don't say you know something you don't.
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 am

LineRiderGjert wrote:Yeezez, nobody told me who to vote for. I voted for those I liked the best. And everyone else did too, as far as I know.

Don't say you know something you don't.
I never said that lrg.

On the promotions i've looked the threads through and i only see lrg agreeing on bhcs, and bjerre nominating aspi. All the other promotions was based on hedge and rabid.

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
The reason I thought that you wouldn't be a very good voter is that you put style as a very high priority over raw skill, and clashing styles tend to cancel out in a big collab. Nothing personal, and it has nothing to do with diabolical evil scary monster plans. I know hedge, but my whole point in the thread is asking the question, "who are you to decide"?

So before you make a conspiracy theory, ask. It's not a conspiracy, honest. It's really not. Rabid and I are too stupid to make every poll before people enter and then based on that recruit people that will vote the same way we do. I don't think ANYONE's that smart. I know you did what you did in good intentions, but it really did end up as you and rabid choosing everyhing.

Replied in bold in hedges comment

Last edited by IGotGreasyBalls on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 am

Hm.....I sorta agree with the 'people were discussed and won so there wasn't much point in the contest' But I don't really agree wth the conspiricy theory...But I don't really care much for LCC 8D
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am

meh
If it is true idc, i would not have made it annd didnt enter, and not good enough

If its not true idc, i would not have made it annd didnt enter, and not good enough.

I dont give a f***
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

I didn't really quit, i told chih and others that really it was a 1 month break. i didn't quit. just because you didn't know dosen't mean i really quit, IGGB

Sorry for telling you to f*** off, next time i wont listen to IGGB. SO disregard my first statement.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:37 pm

You should post the polls or whatever, im curious to see who voted for me.

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:37 pm

^ Even I don't know who voted for who, even in the last round (where I required people to post if they voted because it counts the percentage based on how many votes there are with multiple choice counting as several votes, and I had to know how many people there were so I could tell if people got 50%+). That's a vB option, not available in phpBB. Maybe as a plugin/hack, but we can't put plugins/hacks in here.

I'm hesitant to release the first round polls, because then people would know who they were seeded against, and it might cause some arguments and stuff. However, I'll see what I can do for the other ones.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Hedge this should show you just how much you and rabid actually controlled the thing.

Here is the list of LCC and how they were promoted:
Bjerre - Promoted by hedge
Flagcapper - Promoted by hedge
Leomur - Promoted by hedge
Aspi - Nominated by bjerre promoted by hedge
BlessHisCottonSocks nominated by hedge agreed on by LineriderGjert
Nirobi - no information availabe which means hedge/rabid promoted

List of old LCC voted down:
[removed]

14 of 16 decisions was made by hedge/rabid.

@ inu i'm not sure why you got so angry, but if you only told some special people how was i to know you changed your mind.
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:57 pm

IGotGreasyBalls wrote:
@ inu i'm not sure why you got so angry, but if you only told some special people how was i to know you changed your mind.

Hey inu, dont worry, Im here to make things better cuz of how much you like me.
SPAM comment FTW

---

Anyways, ontopic, I always had a supsision the thing was rigged, thats why I didnt join.
But hey, at the end of the day, good people are in LCC, there not all the best, but, No-one in LCC is actually bad.
Things could of been done better, and should, but its just LCC. You could create a big collab anytime you want :/
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:14 pm

It WASN'T RIGGED.
Also, IGGB, if you don't stop leaking LCC stuff, I WILL demote you.

The LCC/LRL people we promoted to begin with had the opportunity to vote on whether other people would get in, and they didn't. There's a friggin thread for it, and any LCC or LRL who wants to post there is welcome to. If we "controlled" it, it was only because other people didn't take the control they were given.

CLOSED, I'm sick of your damn rebellion without a cause that actually exists.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:28 pm

BTW, I promoted every single LCCer. Hedge didn't promote anyone except for BHCS (who I later changed to LRL)

I'm reopening this to ask this question:

Do you want us to trash the LCC?

Because that's what this thread is making me want to do. If you guys think that would be a good idea, then I probably will.

And if not, then what are you suggesting we do IGGB?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:22 pm

I would still like something like an LCC to be around. Just not something to fight over, more relaxed and fun.

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:46 pm

No thank you.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:58 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:BTW, I promoted every single LCCer. Hedge didn't promote anyone except for BHCS (who I later changed to LRL)

I'm reopening this to ask this question:

Do you want us to trash the LCC?

Because that's what this thread is making me want to do. If you guys think that would be a good idea, then I probably will.

And if not, then what are you suggesting we do IGGB?

NO.
Yes, the contest was rather unfair, but IGGB, you don't have to go randing about it. All of the people who really deserved it got it... well most, at least =/

Anyways, it's not a big deal. If they really deserve and want LCC, they'll get off their butts and start releasing cool tracks, which is what I expect will happen soon.

Maybe it's just that you're cranky because you didn't get it first? I don't know, but it's not a big deal at all, so you don't need to argue or complain about it like this.

@Rabid, DO NOT DELETE THIS LCC.
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

https://www.youtube.com/user/StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 am

itt confused guy trolling wrtl
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:43 am

I'm suggesting you don't call it a big contest to restart the LCC when we ended up with a hedge and rabid clean up. I mean only 4 of the people who are LCC actually participated in the contest. And i suggest that next time you be more open to suggestions, when people ask questions or complain about something, you actually listen to it.

No i don't suggest we trash the LCC, i think we should see how this new one works out before we do anything.
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 am

Rabid, this rant was about a LCC Contest. Not the LCC itself.

My view on the LCC is that either it's one massive epic like Chih originally envisioned, or it's more like a group of people who do collabs, like small(ish) 4/5 person collabs, and there's a lot of those released under the LCC banner, instead of multi-month waits for a release.

What would make it really interesting is that the people collabing together in a group are chosen totally at random, so we'd end up with some awesome unexpected combinations. (Imagine ZNF + someone doing AC/Dev style manuals + RovanO (If's hes still active, I cbf remembering if he is or isnt)). The merge of the would be amazing, and it wouldn't happen under normal circumstances.

Wouldn't that be an awesome way to treat the LCC?

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:It WASN'T RIGGED.

The LCC/LRL people we promoted to begin with had the opportunity to vote on whether other people would get in, and they didn't. There's a friggin thread for it, and any LCC or LRL who wants to post there is welcome to. If we "controlled" it, it was only because other people didn't take the control they were given.

Finally I can say this is the proof of Hedge being dictator-ish.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:28 pm

dont close the lcc because of iggb i still want to make it into the lcc in the next year or 6 matters how long we still play but i would jump at the chance to be in the lcc and i would try to be in everycollab they make if i was it. collabs arn't hard to be in you make a 5-10 sek part and your done that takes like an hour just make part of the track
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Rafael wrote:Finally I can say this is the proof of Hedge being dictator-ish.
Hedge enforces the rules?! What a monster!

This thread is just a big misunderstanding; nothing to get excited about. Maybe the outcome would've been better if we had more voters, but oh well, life sucks. :|
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Rafael wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:It WASN'T RIGGED.

Finally I can say this is the proof of Hedge being dictator-ish.

Hedge is not dictating hes just being a good admin, his WRTL job. and if i was the mod and i had the powers i would say the same thing cause this thread is just a big misunderstanding (quoting AC). IGGB so what if you dont agree with who got promoted or not. WHO CARES? i thought everyone's tracks in the contest was awesome, and im happy with the choices.

also @ Staff, why doesnt chih do the LCC desiding? So we dont get anymore of these "LCC IS RIGGED" threads.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next