We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault ft. Sheldon

+24
ACwazHere
Yobanjojoe
Josro
OTDE
ScrungleBlumpkus
Conundrumer
Sheldon
hypothet
TeamBlast
rabid squirrel
Helios Pavonine
roflmaoqwerty
Orthuss
Opal Rider
theacp127
Chuggers
0wl3ye
Xanth
mmtunligit
Z_N-Freak
Rafael
efrazable
gaoyubao
Lukking
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Assault ft. Sheldon - Page 2 Empty Re: Assault ft. Sheldon

Post by Sheldon Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 am

there is a kramual cannon :facepalm: /10
you are trolling me dap :|
I don't see how this is a problem I feel like people are question what is the point of this track, like tracks are supposed to have a deep philosophical meaning. But they really are just meant to be eye candy they are art. It's just a bare track with a scenery section thats pretty is that really a problem. For example mysteria 3 was essentially several monuments strung together and I didn't see anyone questioning its purpose... why is this just now coming up I am genuinely confused.
@chuggers
@conundrumer
Also Dap it is a small kramual reversal into cannon, but you can only really tell in slomo.

Last edited by Sheldon on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:40 am

I had to sheldon it was the only way to satisfy the troll way
honestly though you guys know what I like is a good eye catching entertainment track
this was enlightening as fuck
like I said, this is the first thing that has ever inspired me since basically when Kramwood left
Also Sheldon there's only a kramual reversal...?
Seriously though this is legend material. This ushers in a new era and reaches new heights of LR insanity. This is better than anything I've ever done. I can't replicate anything like this in XY and now I don't even know where to begin on my ToL track. How long do I have to beat this again? Because this is probably gonna win unless all the best collab against you xD
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Sheldon wrote:I feel like people are question what is the point of this track, like tracks are supposed to have a deep philosophical meaning. But they really are just meant to be eye candy they are art. It's just a bare track with a scenery section thats pretty is that really a problem. For example mysteria 3 was essentially several monuments strung together and I didn't see anyone questioning its purpose... why is this just now coming up I am genuinely confused.
IMO this is a problem with the majority of the stuff we make. It's just meant to be eye candy, as you said (usually just eye candy for other people who make the same stuff we do, really)

So I don't think it makes this track any worse than the vast majority of other tracks in terms of message. The message is BOOM CHECK THIS SHIT OUT. On rare occasion we do have something to say more than that though (Happily Ever After, Save the Princess, EoLR if I can toot my own horn). I think that this track has astonishingly high production values and as a result people are expecting it to transcend the usual BOOM CHECK THIS SHIT OUT to actually say something. Which is pretty cool, because it's effectively changed the conversation we are having about what makes a track good. Power is dead. Assault killed it. Long live Line Rider.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:13 pm

There are a lot of exceptional tracks. There are considerably fewer widely influential tracks, though they make up for their smaller number in their sheer scale on an individual level. Still fewer tracks are able to actively shape and influence our idea of what makes a track "good": to completely redefine our standards.

This track, in my opinion, does that. It follows in the vein of Quirker's Lab, or Vision, or Omniverse, and says "take whatever you thought Line Rider was before and bin it."

Glad to be a part of this project, and I'm extremely happy to see this idea of yours fully realized.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:17 pm

OTDE wrote:"take whatever you thought Line Rider was before and bin it."
rabid squirrel wrote:Power is dead
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:15 pm

What I meant by my comment is that the track is just a bunch of stuff slapped together, theres no coherence to it

sure you can slap on whatever clothes and by chance it looks ok, but this track is socks with sandals

dont get me wrong, the cool parts were really gosh dang cool, but you cant sprinkle gold onto poopoo some other substance and make it appealing
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:49 pm

I feel like we might be reaching the point where cool stuff just isn't enough for us. I met the same resistance when I tried the gimmick with Telephoto, and as a few others off the top of my head, Inhibitions and Aria were both met with similar dispositions. But I don't feel like that should put any of us down because of it. Times are changing, let's change with them.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:07 am

I looooove poopoo with sprinkels on it :|

In other words:
This shit is of the charts and sparkling in all the colors of the rainbow!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Josro Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Lukking wrote:Thank you, Sam Storm for your honest and well thought out review of this track. I also cant wait for your future tracks! How about plasmic route 23948...
Have a nice day

This seems backhanded as fuck and that is something I seriously have a problem about, this is not how you respond to constructive criticism just say what you mean.

On another note, I thoroughly enjoyed the track and the animation was incredible, but I can see Chuggers points.

@sheldon no one has mentioned some deeper meaning behind the track they have just been pointing things out that they think could have been done better.

Also what was that weird tree thing animation? I honestly couldn't tell what it actually was.

As a last note well done to both of you this is a pretty huge project.
Josro
Josro

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:43 pm

I think maybe instead of looking at poopoo with gold sprinkled on it, we're looking at a pile of chunks of gold and saying we wished it was a statue that made us feel something or respond in a way other than "damn that's a fuckton of gold that must be worth a lot of money" aka "damn that's a crazyass track that must have taken tons of time"

It's still a crazyass track that must have taken tons of time, and Chuggers is kind of shitting on that, which is pretty mean spirited if you ask me, but I think he's right that the track as a whole could have said something more cohesive.

I think it does send a message though. The track shows us some insanely powerful quirk ("pretty good" my ass @chugs) and then says fuck that shit and does some nutso animation stuff that is undeniably cooler, which does effectively show us that you can't really top raw power in quirk anymore - we've reached the limit in entertainment value. Where it stumbles is what to do with the animation - we have three separate really cool ideas (lines & spinning shapes, exploding lightning title, and meta animation) that don't really feel like they were part of any central idea or thesis.

Ultimately, it was muddled, but I think it's way more like a solid-gold statue that maybe looks a little poopy than a piece of poo with gold sprinkled on top. Because there were some REALLY cool ideas in there.

Hell, I've given shoes to tracks that were less cohesive than this. Phunner was less cohesive than this, easily. Omniverse 2 Beta was less cohesive than this and it's usually listed as one of the best all time omnitracks. Metamorphic. Dark Matter. You can't deny they were seriously great tracks even if the execution of the central idea came out a bit sloppy. I don't think the best or most important tracks are the most neat and self-confident, I think the best tracks happen when people REACH for something.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:15 pm

The tree was a fractal tree with 3 iterations.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:37 pm

I love this track but we're not ready for a review
sooooo I'll put in two more cents and leave again
First off this made me wanna continue playing but meh
second off as chuggers said, this is socks and sandals. But on a beautiful, David by Michelangelo model hot body. This goes way beyond trying to hide behind any editing magic (although I feel liek people will want some re edits) or hiding behind image, it simply IS what is is, and I liked it better than funspiration for that because at least it was intentionally CORE.
k thnx bye
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 pm

that was absolutely baller
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:16 am

Holy frick

That was bananas. The alt quirk was so smooth and fluid and quick, the buildup had me sitting with my mouth open while watching the frames/sec in the top right, and then I died. Animation was top notch. I loved the explosions and the flashing logo. And the invisible quirk was just pretty "wtf" to me. That was so fun.

Overall probably the biggest "holy shit" track I've seen. =p

I think the sentiment other people are expressing is that, while we all love "holy shit" tracks, we'd love to see something of this caliber (animation, etc) that is cohesive, and/or makes us have some other, "more meaningful" kind of reaction. But I think it's a little dumb to knock on a track because there isn't Coldplay playing and there isn't some animation of a flower growing in the desert or something like that. Lmao. While I would like to see something like that, I think it's amazing that something like this could be made at all. Smile

It's like, imagine music were a new concept, and there were only 2 songs ever made. Then somebody releases the 3rd song ever, and it's really good. Some people will say "wow god dayum I love music, awesome song guys i rate 8/8." And some other people will say "boooo how come the 1st and 2nd verses are so different. i rate 0/1." To that i would reply "come on you nerd this is the 3rd song ever and it was dope. be happy"

Awesome job bros. I rate 800/800
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:29 am

I loved it. I'm glad you were able to pull off the invisible line thing because of how close you got in Catgroove. And I'm glad I didn't see your message on skype, because I don't think I could have pulled off that level of smoothness in the animation. Sheldon, you did a great job with it.

Gonna go watch it again.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:07 am

Oheythere 3,000 views :O
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't understand how people are getting offended at criticism

why not say how you think this track could have been better? just because we all collectively think really highly of it doesn't mean we can't say something constructive about it

I've been thinking about how when we said
"this could have been more cohesive" or
"it didn't really have a clear idea behind it"

and the response was
"does every track need to have a message" and
um, whatever sheldon tried to say on skype according to lukking, I don't understand that?

and I guess here's what I think-- and this will sound really blunt because it is:
I don't think it matters what you think, that's not what criticism does. ideally, it looks at a work or a body of work and says "observed in a vacuum, here's how I feel the work(s) could have been better, here's what I think detracted from the work(s) in question".

if your intent is not displayed through your work, or is received with confusion, then you are opening up that work for criticism not on your terms, but on the critics' terms
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:18 pm

I intended on helping create a bad ass line rider track. And I did. Intent is quite evident on the grounds of the track being bad ass.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Assault ft. Sheldon - Page 2 Empty re: sheldon's comment

Post by hypothet Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:15 pm

kinda felt like you just ignored what I was trying to say, but okay
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I am sorry I understood, I let my saltiness get the best of me. Its quite obvious I don't take criticism well I suppose.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:13 pm

yeah, I had to take time off of this thread before I responded even that much xD

feel good about what you did.
it's great to see how much everyone cares about this track.
not even gao's stuff of late impressed me this much.
so take that to heart while knowing that the nitpicking is more what you'd call points of consideration for future tracks

Smile
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:13 am

Rafael wrote:Oheythere 3,000 views :O
How were you able to get this view count - I haven't gotten above the 300s in the last 3 years

EDIT: not counting beta decline which somehow got on this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL10d-p2PLQ-JBId_a6ZPxYdDaeWDu5001
(I guess it's the #1 result if you search for the song, lol)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:29 am

I dunno I posted this on reddit and sent the link to some old lr ppl on facebook...
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Lukking wrote:I dunno I posted this on reddit and sent the link to some old lr ppl on facebook...
Huh, well if you don't know maybe you could check the analytics?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 am

I mean I thought it was baller af. Don't know about everyone else. The concept is awesome, can't wait to see how you guys play with it in future.

Why are the comments.. ASSAULTING [Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink] these two? ba dum tssss. kbai
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next