We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault ft. Sheldon

+24
ACwazHere
Yobanjojoe
Josro
OTDE
ScrungleBlumpkus
Conundrumer
Sheldon
hypothet
TeamBlast
rabid squirrel
Helios Pavonine
roflmaoqwerty
Orthuss
Opal Rider
theacp127
Chuggers
0wl3ye
Xanth
mmtunligit
Z_N-Freak
Rafael
efrazable
gaoyubao
Lukking
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Assault ft. Sheldon Empty Assault ft. Sheldon

Post by Lukking Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Some words before i present Assault: Sheldon and i put our hearts into this track and i think we can be proud of the result. I worked (on and off) for about 6 months on this track. It was originally going to be all alt quirk but i changed my mind when i found a fitting song when i was about 5 seconds into the track.
I would like to thank the following people: Orthuss for recording, Conunrdumer for music editing, OTDE for video editing and sheldon for making a large portion of the animation and the awesome stall. Also id like to credit the creator of the animation in my part: Darkpulse motion design. This track probably wouldnt have been finished without your help. You guys rock!

Also Rabid, this community needs you and all of this would not exist without you. you're by far the one who has most contributed to this forum and Line Rider in general. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKGLCqjnXg

Also: In case you want to take a closer look, heres the sol https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3tijgand5buha3/Assaultfinal.sol?dl=0

Last edited by Lukking on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Assault ft. Sheldon Empty Re: Assault ft. Sheldon

Post by gaoyubao Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:14 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have a winner
invisible quirk is amazing
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:08 pm

wait what what WHAT WHAT MY BRAIN NOOO

(will watch again, that was hella)
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:46 pm

That was beastly. Music choice and presentation was excellent. This might win ToL, damn
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Daaaamn, the animation was slick. Feels like the music was a little miss-timed in the end though (you hear a boom, but the boom seems to happen before). Afterwards, during the OMG INVISIBLE GRAVITY WELLS I was concerned that my computer was crashing. Kind of annoying, but very well created haha XD
edit: now that I watch it again, this is maybe the most genius part of the track. I now see how it seems to play with the sense of gravity and everything. Didn't notice it at first, because I was like WTFFfffff??!!! What you do computer? WTF? That just goes to show how amazingly well done it is, my goodness.

In the end it left me warm and fuzzy inside, because this is just creative genius. Amazing job dude. I hope this is going to inspire people to create more awesome animation, because this is just a thrill to watch.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by mmtunligit Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:47 pm

omg, that was amazing. also, does the QR code lead any where?
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanth Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Holy damn balls.

What just happened?
Xanth
Xanth

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Back to top Go down

Post by 0wl3ye Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 pm

is that what happens when you quit for a while
0wl3ye
0wl3ye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:29 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:55 pm

That beginning quirk is the most impressive compact quirk I've ever seen. It's so compact but has so much power and flow. It's almost unbelievable. And that invisible stuff, my my. This track is insane.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:34 am

I needed this in my life. I didn't know I needed this, but I most definitely needed this.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:43 pm

I had the pleasure of taking a close look at the track many, many times while recording, getting a crash, and recording again. Sorry for having to send 7 different recordings (3 regular, 4 color) that OTDE had to stitch together! Fantastic job on that, btw, OTDE.

Anyways, this track is pretty damn brilliant. The compact quirk at the beginning (which definitely isn't getting enough attention) was in a league of its own. I mean, keeping that intensity and speed while constantly switching directions like that? That's crazy. Huge props there. After our battle, I remember Rabid saying something about wondering if you could combine the raw power of Reptile with the misdirection of Cosmonaut (not to toot my own horn or anything) and this hit the nail right on the head. Poor nail.

The animation was great, too, despite crashing my flash player an incredible amount of times even at 1 fps. Sheldon's twisting trapezoids were insane, and the explosion was, well, mindblowing. But my favorite moment was definitely the thunderbolt into the title. It was a great buildup into the next section.

Invisible quirk (aka lines that are only on the screen for one frame in which they are covered by bosh) is a genius concept, man. That was pretty damn trippy, and you had to be so precise to do it. Huge respect. And then you combine invisible quirk lines and frame by frame scenery to create that awesome faux manual into the "glitch lines". Not only was it a cool effect the first time, but you replicated the exact rotation to create the effect of rewinding the tape. Or something. Insane control, man. Awesome to watch now, but it was a pain to get the zoom levels just right there Very Happy

The fling quirk at the end is pretty cool, but I do kinda wish that section was a bit longer. It feels a bit cut short when compared to the compact quirk, the animation, and the invisible quirk. But the bit that is there is pretty dang solid. I had the .sol myself, I know how laggy it was even without the scenery, and I can imagine you'd be pretty much done with the track after 2 minutes. Just a tiny nitpick, don't mind me. :p Also, it's hella awesome that you got a working QR code that leads to the forum homepage even when bosh is spazzing out next to it.

All in all, this track hit it out of the park both technically and creatively. That's something you don't see every day. Fantastic job, Lukking and Sheldon!
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:17 am

OH YO THE QR CODE GOES TO WRTL

OH YO THIS WHOLE FUCKIN MOTHERFUCKIN GODDAM TRACK WAS OFF THE FUCKIN CHAIN BRAH I LOVE DIS SHIT DAWG YOU DONT EVEN KNOW DAWG IM FADED AS FUCK HOLY SHIT HOLY BALLS FAT ASS PENIS DICK COCK GOD DAMN SON THIS WAS pretty decent 10/10

On the real, though, this was far and away some of the most inventive awesome shit I've seen done in LR to date. I am quite high right now and I derived much joy from watching this.

On a more philosophical/existential/jaded-quirker note:
Power in LR is officially dead. You killed it. Thank you sincerely for doing that, we've been needing something like this for a while.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:15 am

You just wrote history my friend.

This deserves a review but I must gather my thoughts first, cuz, you know.... wow.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:28 am

HOLY SHOE
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:18 am

rabid squirrel wrote:HOLY SHOE
D: Eep Eep
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 pm

First half of beginning quirk was so-so, second half was pretty good, maybe even the best of it's style. Flow could have used some work.

Then we get like 20 seconds of airtime, so impressive

20 more seconds of animation that holds no relevance to anything, like seriously what the hell was that tree even trying to accomplish? Felt really phoned in relation to what happened after.

But then we get to the beef and cheese, that explosion was the best animation made in linerider so far, and probably for a long time, seriously, like wowee. Then the invisible quirk with the drawn in stuff was cool as hell too.

Then like 2011 quirk.

This track is too varied for no reason. It was cool for the first viewing, but it got old very quickly.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Thank you, Sam Storm for your honest and well thought out review of this track. I also cant wait for your future tracks! How about plasmic route 23948...
Have a nice day
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Wow, this is revitalizing.
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Assault ft. Sheldon Empty not to say that your track is worse for it, but

Post by hypothet Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:41 pm

sam did have a point

the track was amazing, but the message was muddled (especially the whole "power" theme and then the ending segment was just about slowing down

I don't know what the solution would be, but it is a significant problem when it comes to the message of this track
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Does everything need to have a message. Its a track not a sermon. Neutral It was not meant to all be powerful, the music changes, as such so does the track. A 2 minute track focused solely on power would get quite repetitive. This track was about innovation, think of the beginning as an intro.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:11 am

I agree
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:55 am

hypothet wrote:sam did have a point

the track was amazing, but the message was muddled (especially the whole "power" theme and then the ending segment was just about slowing down

I don't know what the solution would be, but it is a significant problem when it comes to the message of this track

I think it is like sheldon pointed out on skpe: it is like saying i dont like your speech because it doesnt have the right colors.
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:27 am

When I first saw this track, I was impressed by the alt quirk and really giddy about how animation was taken to the next level. Also loved the music sync.

However,
Chuggers wrote:First half of beginning quirk was so-so, second half was pretty good, maybe even the best of it's style.  Flow could have used some work.

Then we get like 20 seconds of airtime, so impressive

20 more seconds of animation that holds no relevance to anything, like seriously what the hell was that tree even trying to accomplish?  Felt really phoned in relation to what happened after.

But  then we get to the beef and cheese, that explosion was the best animation made in linerider so far, and probably for a long time, seriously, like wowee.  Then the invisible quirk with the drawn in stuff was cool as hell too.

Then like 2011 quirk.

This track is too varied for no reason.  It was cool for the first viewing, but it got old very quickly.
I had some feelings of doubt I wasn't able to put into words, and Chuggers verbalized all of it (except airtime. I like airtime because sync)
To add to this, I felt like the eye-candy animation was, well, just eye-candy. I will still say it's really cool to watch, and it had to be done in order for us to comprehend more creative kinds of animation. But, this kind of animation is basically monuments at 40 frames per second, and you know how I feel about monuments: they sit there in the background looking pretty without actually being part of the track.
The glitch quirk animation counteracts all of that. The repeat was also really clever. That approach to animation, taking into account of context, is what I want to see more of.
Actually, I wasn't confident on the glitch repeat because of how we expect the music to stay in sync, while the flow was intentionally broken to repeat the scene. I'm not used to intentional flow breakers, but nothing like this has ever been done before, and I feel that it's important to experiment.

Z_N-Freak wrote:...I was concerned that my computer was crashing.
I might have done the glitch sound effect a little too realistically 8D
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:17 am

I feel like Shua did a perfect job of taking a concept (animation) and actually incorporating it into a track with a practical message.
This track is in a league of its own in terms of power and creativity. Like, holy shit. It's shoe worthy for all that it does in the animation world and in the cleverness. It's not got a very clear message, but it's the most entertaining track for me since High Notions 2, possibly more entertaining to me than anything by gao and this is certainly the best track you have ever made.

0/10 no kramual cannons

jk <3 I love this and I am in class so I can't go into tons of detail.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next