We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question from Inu.

+7
Traxis
CamQuartr
Opal Rider
Cereal
efrazable
TheRevTastic
Inukaza
11 posters

Go down

Question from Inu. Empty Question from Inu.

Post by Inukaza Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:22 pm

I have a question for everyone, lately I've been doing more manuals-based tracks. With Mutiline, triumph, and others. Now, I've gotten a few comments about people like these new tracks a tad bit more then my quirking. I just want to get a overall of what everyone things. I honestly think I enjoy making manual based tracks now, anyway. However, I also play because I LOVE how people love my tracks.

Sound off, please.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Question from Inu. Empty Re: Question from Inu.

Post by TheRevTastic Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:24 pm

You never asked a question in that post.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:I just want to get a overall of what everyone things.
My things are doing quite nicely.

Hehe

I like the occasional manu-quirk, but stuff that really stands out are awkward shapes for them to be in. Awkward little tricks here and there, you'll be set.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 pm

I prefer your quirky style, but you can make whatevs and I'll be fine with it.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Go with whatever feels good.......... that sounded wrong. But you get my point.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm fine with whatever. My point is, I love people talk about how they love my tracks. Forget bout me, tell me what you want. :|

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 pm

I've always been a sucker for manual tracks, so to me, thats always been my favorite, not just for you, but for almost everyone.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:58 pm

I like manuals. But that's just me. I do not feel like persuading someone's standpoint on track style one way or another, as that in my mind, defeats the purpose of linerider, which is expressing yourself. Just like any other forms of art. Do you think poointallism would have been invented if the artist said, "I'm going to do what everyone wants me to."? Nope. So I'll tell you what I want. I want you to do what you like best. That's usually how the best tracks come out anyways.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:57 am

Personally, a track that's based on manuals, with the occasion fling or g-well string is nice. 100% manuals is boring, but when its just high speed quirk you miss a lot of the good details, and it takes the enjoyment out of it, at least in my opinion. A good mix, with more manuals than quirk, is my personal preference.

Then add HD scenery.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:13 am

Traxis wrote:100% manuals is boring
Orly?

I just like your not messy tracks. Cause I'm a clean freak like that. I also don't like awkward line boosting. It just doesn't feel right to me.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:12 am

I like pretty much all your tracks at least somewhat, but Triumph was definitely my favorite so far
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 am

Why not try an omni? Could be cool to see what happens.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 am

One thing I will say is I think the casual player will find a manual track ('wow, look at how he's balanced!') more entertaining and understandable than a quirk track ('what the hell's going on?!').

But my overall advice is don't make tracks for others, make them for your own enjoyment. You love playing Line Rider, right? just go with what you want to do on any given day.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Opal Rider wrote:I like manuals. But that's just me. I do not feel like persuading someone's standpoint on track style one way or another, as that in my mind, defeats the purpose of linerider, which is expressing yourself. Just like any other forms of art. Do you think poointallism would have been invented if the artist said, "I'm going to do what everyone wants me to."? Nope. So I'll tell you what I want. I want you to do what you like best. That's usually how the best tracks come out anyways.

wishline wrote:But my overall advice is don't make tracks for others, make them for your own enjoyment. You love playing Line Rider, right? just go with what you want to do on any given day.

I think I'm seasoned enough to know what I'm doing when I ask this sort of question.

In my open opinion, you can cater to your audience and still do art. If I get a vauge idea such as "MANUAL TRACK", I'm going to spice it up with editing and music syncing, and then it because something different. I express myself not just through the track, so to speak.

rabid squirrel wrote:I like pretty much all your tracks at least somewhat, but Triumph was definitely my favorite so far

That's always good to hear, no hate for me. :|

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Why not try an omni? Could be cool to see what happens.

I do quite a few of those, actually. (See Lobo, Varg, Spirit Never Dies, foresight, and to a technical extent, triumph) None of them had a huge production value. I should probably do that.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down