We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

+23
Chui Ninji
iPi
efrazable
Derpinator
ACwazHere
Votale
Inukaza
Blesshiscottonsocks
Wolf_Spirit
SPL4SHZ0N3
Rafael
KillinTime2792
rabid squirrel
Jam
TheRevTastic
[senpai] kevans
Kohuda
IGLima
mhenr18
Sssschiller
Z_N-Freak
CamQuartr
Wizzy
27 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by Votale Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:37 pm

^Again I say, grow a pair and take the time to make good art without copying and pasting. Everyone in the past has done it, so there's no reason newer folks can't.

Some sceners, sssschiller for example, release scenery tracks more often then I release naked tracks. If you're whining about how long it takes for a scener to make a scenery track ("I would be able to spend more time on the details in-between rather than having to spend hours recreating my own work multiple times"), why can't I whine about not being able to duplicate and paste my flings/manuals or something [censored] like that? Why should I have to make ANOTHER nose fling/manual or alt fling and waste my time doing that when I could work on the next trick that's different? It's a stretch of the concept, but it's similar. You could say "But tracks will be repetitive if you do that? D: " but if you copy and paste the same rock pattern everywhere with the same shading + shape, it's gonna be a repetitive piece of crap. And if you're gonna give the checkerboard example, take the time to do it, or don't do it at all.

If you're gonna be a scener, scene. I'll just draw one rock and copy/paste it all over my scenery track and call it real scenery. That's gay.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by ACwazHere Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:54 pm

I vote everyone just does what they want.

IRTL's server is based in 'MURICA.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:34 pm

^
rabid squirrel wrote:stop trying to throw in your 2 cents without actually reading the thread.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Votale wrote:^Again I say, grow a pair and take the time to make good art without copying and pasting. Everyone in the past has done it, so there's no reason newer folks can't.

Some sceners, sssschiller for example, release scenery tracks more often then I release naked tracks. If you're whining about how long it takes for a scener to make a scenery track ("I would be able to spend more time on the details in-between rather than having to spend hours recreating my own work multiple times"), why can't I whine about not being able to duplicate and paste my flings/manuals or something [censored] like that? Why should I have to make ANOTHER nose fling/manual or alt fling and waste my time doing that when I could work on the next trick that's different? It's a stretch of the concept, but it's similar. You could say "But tracks will be repetitive if you do that? D: " but if you copy and paste the same rock pattern everywhere with the same shading + shape, it's gonna be a repetitive piece of crap. And if you're gonna give the checkerboard example, take the time to do it, or don't do it at all.

If you're gonna be a scener, scene. I'll just draw one rock and copy/paste it all over my scenery track and call it real scenery. That's gay.

^Again I say, grow a pair and take the time to make good art without copying and pasting. Everyone in the past has done it, so there's no reason newer folks can't.
Yeah, good luck with that, all the sceners have left.

Some sceners, sssschiller for example, release scenery tracks more often then I release naked tracks.
The kid still has a lot to improve on. Quality>quantity

If you're whining about how long it takes for a scener to make a scenery track ("I would be able to spend more time on the details in-between rather than having to spend hours recreating my own work multiple times"), why can't I whine about not being able to duplicate and paste my flings/manuals or something [censored] like that? Why should I have to make ANOTHER nose fling/manual or alt fling and waste my time doing that when I could work on the next trick that's different? It's a stretch of the concept, but it's similar. You could say "But tracks will be repetitive if you do that? D: " but if you copy and paste the same rock pattern everywhere with the same shading + shape, it's gonna be a repetitive piece of crap. And if you're gonna give the checkerboard example, take the time to do it, or don't do it at all.
Where the hell do I start on this one...?

The two have totally different goals.
Quirk tracks are all about flow, showing your skill at making all those tricks and making something interesting.

Scened tracks are about making something that look amazing (to most people at least.)

If you cant realize how that makes the whole process different, then christ, faith in humanity -1

It was an example. Good lord. You may only copy a small section of shading once for all you know. As stated in my post (if you actually read it) people would notice if you did something like copy/paste multiple items to the extent that you cant not notice it. If you were crap enough to do that in the first place, im pretty sure that rock would look terrible anyway, it would just look like something out of beta 1.

Seriously, open your mind to new ideas, sorry to hear you dont like progress...
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Lmao. It's called a concept, not a parallel idea. That's why it's not the exact same. All you're interested in doing is conserving time, which will, in essence, make those original ideas less impressive (to me at least). Tracks like Continental could have been done in days. That's in no way impressive, because all it'd take to make something look that cool would be to draw one rock and copy/paste it all over the track. Ef that. It'd up the standards for all scenery tracks.

And no, naked tracks are definitely not all about "flow," that's your opinion. A lot of people like "pushing bosh with power" for example. All you want to do is make scenery easier. What I said, and you obviously can't comprehend, was that it would be just as stupid as someone asking to be able to duplicate flings. Since you can't comprehend my metaphor, I'll make you an easier one, since you took it so literally. Listen closely and try to get it:

The ability to auto-stack flings. You know what stacking is, correct? Great. Well instead of tediously stacking each line of each fling, why don't we make an auto-stacker so that we "don't have to focus on those repetitive tedious stacks and focus on bigger things," as you would say. In following, those nubs with weak flings could make extremely strong flings in no time. That way, rather than having to be good at angling lines to make the more powerful, it just did it for us. Can you get that one? That'd make creating shweet flings as easy as taking a dump.

Again, if people throughout Line Rider history can do it, people can stop being babies and doing it for themselves. You of all people have an artistic ability that far surpasses most, use it without shortcuts. Stop whining for shortcuts and actually play it like everyone has. It's not progress it's just making it easier and therefore, less impressive. The thing is, Mhenr and Kevan both aren't going to do it anyways, lol. This is just my opinion, so I don't expect to agree with any of it anyways.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Votale wrote:Again, if people throughout Line Rider history can do it, people can stop being babies and doing it for themselves. You of all people have an artistic ability that far surpasses most, use it without shortcuts. Stop whining for shortcuts and actually play it like everyone has. It's not progress it's just making it easier and therefore, less impressive. The thing is, Mhenr and Kevan both aren't going to do it anyways, lol. This is just my opinion, so I don't expect to agree with any of it anyways.

xD

This is coming from a guy who's never made a single scenery track, and if he has, I can't remember because it probably wasn't even that good.

Scenery process/quality = / = Naked track process/quality. Completely different.

All I can say is until you make a scenery track where you have to constantly make the same thing over and over again and it consists of 50k+ lines, then just be quiet. Making work easier is not making it less impressive. The quality of the work is what's impressive.

Let's go back to the rock again, because I want to reinforce this idea through you damn skull xD
If you copy/paste a rock that you've made entirely yourself in other areas throughout the track, it would take way less time than to just recreate it over and over again, and it would probably look the same anyway, so why waste the time to keep making it? If you duplicate it "too much" for instance, it's obvious that you did but you would probably have to suck balls with copy/paste.

By the way, my idea was to simply add the movable lines feature (which already exists in unbound) and make that feature cross-track-able. It would remove lag for sceners, making the overall process much quicker and way less of a hassle.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Can't we all just agree that we're all as stubborn as hell and no-matter what we say we can't convince each other to change sides? Very Happy
I'd say we just reach a happy little compromise...(yes, this is childish)
But I think being able to move lines like Wizzy originally intended (sorry more misunderstanding that bro <3) would be a good idea. It probably would be pretty damn benificial and could help for mis-placed lines/monuments/other things. However I'm still not too keen on the 'moving from seperate .sol's/save files' no reason reason to be, just not liking it much :b
Copy and pasting is just rediculous and can be abused to such an extent that the scenery tracks being made today will seem like nothing compared.
Spread the love <3 <3 <3
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Wizzy wrote:
xD

This is coming from a guy who's never made a single scenery track, and if he has, I can't remember because it probably wasn't even that good.

I actually have, but thanks for the butt-hurt ass manner in which you said it Smile Perfect way to get someone to listen to you is to insult and pre-judge one's work. Thank you.

Wizzy wrote:
All I can say is until you make a scenery track where you have to constantly make the same thing over and over again and it consists of 50k+ lines, then just be quiet. Making work easier is not making it less impressive. The quality of the work is what's impressive.

As a matter of fact, I did back in '07 when I even know how to record or anything. Am I as cool as Wizzy now?

Wizzy wrote:Let's go back to the rock again, because I want to reinforce this idea through you damn skull xD
If you copy/paste a rock that you've made entirely yourself in other areas throughout the track, it would take way less time than to just recreate it over and over again, and it would probably look the same anyway, so why waste the time to keep making it? If you duplicate it "too much" for instance, it's obvious that you did but you would probably have to suck balls with copy/paste.

ONCE AGAIN, to reinforce this through your damn skull xD
It's like auto-stacking flings. Oh noes I think you'll poop your pants if you have to draw a few circle for rocks and shade them like EVERYBODY has done D: If you don't have the balls so scene more than a few rocks in your scenery track, quit. Stop whining. Don't scene, I don't care. I didn't see LRG whining about copy/paste when he was making BS. Get on his level. Good day.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:37 pm

btw. Obviously I'm referring to the convo of copy-pasting lines, not yours.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Votale wrote:
Wizzy wrote:
xD

I actually have, but thanks for the butt-hurt ass manner in which you said it Smile Perfect way to get someone to listen to you is to insult and pre-judge one's work. Thank you.

Oh sorry, you don't like it when people do it back to you?

Wizzy wrote:

As a matter of fact, I did back in '07 when I even know how to record or anything. Am I as cool as Wizzy now?

Do that 10 more times :|

Wizzy wrote:Let's go back to the rock again, because I want to reinforce this idea through you damn skull xD

ONCE AGAIN, to reinforce this through your damn skull xD
It's like auto-stacking flings. Oh noes I think you'll poop your pants if you have to draw a few circle for rocks and shade them like EVERYBODY has done D: If you don't have the balls so scene more than a few rocks in your scenery track, quit. Stop whining. Don't scene, I don't care. I didn't see LRG whining about copy/paste when he was making BS. Get on his level. Good day.

No, you're just... no they're not the same at all, those ideas have NOTHING in common xD
Who said I'm complaining? HOW am I complaining? I'm trying to come up with an idea that makes working easier, why is that so hard for you to accept? Do you see LRG here still? No? Hmmm... I wonder why.

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:59 pm

1. Whose work or talent did I insult?
2. You until I've done one. I have.
3. I'm talking to everyone whose whining for copy/paste features. LRG probably isn't here because he's already made the best scenery track in history, has a girlfriend, and a real life. lmao

I'll reiterate that the feature of copy/paste will never be added, so bye.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 469
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Votale wrote:I'll reiterate that the feature of copy/paste will never be added, so bye.

Ever played 8.0? :P

And rabid, I honestly think I've got a shot at bringing LR back - this build is so cross-platform that it can provide a common codebase for mac, windows, linux, ios, android and wp7 (with a small amount of work). I can get my version of LR out to a LOT of people through the various app stores (including Steam) once I get inXile on board (they don't know I'm doing this atm). With the things I'm planning to do, I'm hoping to revive the pure and simple fun that LR was for people back in '07 so that anyone can sit down and go "holy crap this is even more fun than '07"

edit: Also, I know in my heart of hearts that change is the right thing for LR, but it's pretty obvious that I've got no shot at convincing the old guard without an actual build. So, I'll lay off until I've got something to show.

second edit: BTW rabid, this change will be like beta 1 > beta 2, there's UI differences.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Votale wrote:Lmao. It's called a concept, not a parallel idea. That's why it's not the exact same. All you're interested in doing is conserving time, which will, in essence, make those original ideas less impressive (to me at least). Tracks like Continental could have been done in days. That's in no way impressive, because all it'd take to make something look that cool would be to draw one rock and copy/paste it all over the track. Ef that. It'd up the standards for all scenery tracks.

And no, naked tracks are definitely not all about "flow," that's your opinion. A lot of people like "pushing bosh with power" for example. All you want to do is make scenery easier. What I said, and you obviously can't comprehend, was that it would be just as stupid as someone asking to be able to duplicate flings. Since you can't comprehend my metaphor, I'll make you an easier one, since you took it so literally. Listen closely and try to get it:

The ability to auto-stack flings. You know what stacking is, correct? Great. Well instead of tediously stacking each line of each fling, why don't we make an auto-stacker so that we "don't have to focus on those repetitive tedious stacks and focus on bigger things," as you would say. In following, those nubs with weak flings could make extremely strong flings in no time. That way, rather than having to be good at angling lines to make the more powerful, it just did it for us. Can you get that one? That'd make creating shweet flings as easy as taking a dump.

Again, if people throughout Line Rider history can do it, people can stop being babies and doing it for themselves. You of all people have an artistic ability that far surpasses most, use it without shortcuts. Stop whining for shortcuts and actually play it like everyone has. It's not progress it's just making it easier and therefore, less impressive. The thing is, Mhenr and Kevan both aren't going to do it anyways, lol. This is just my opinion, so I don't expect to agree with any of it anyways.

Son, even Macpaint had copy/paste...
Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 MacpaintWP
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:25 pm

blesshiscottonsocks wrote:
Some sceners, sssschiller for example, release scenery tracks more often then I release naked tracks.
The kid still has a lot to improve on. Quality>quantity.

Well, thanks for that.
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Sssschiller wrote:
blesshiscottonsocks wrote:
The kid still has a lot to improve on. Quality>quantity.

Well, thanks for that :|
Nothing bad about that, you have a great chance of becoming the top dog, keep at it!
Dont let criticism get you down, its a part of the learning process. Dont ever get contempt! I thought I would never get to TD level, but I tried by hardest to none the less.

Also, Hey guys, look what I just made in macpaint.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 D3QxO

Last edited by blesshiscottonsocks on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Votale wrote:

The thing is, you can't really do that. There's too much human touch. A change in a pixel of entry point into a "pasted fling" would have drastically different results based on a change of rotation caused by pulling the contact point in a certain angle. eg: Doing a spidey fling, but bosh is tilted too far in one direction. Due to the differences of entry, down to the pixel, it would be near impossible to "paste" a series of stacks. Too much trial and error for that..
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 pm

mhenr18 wrote:this change will be like beta 1 > beta 2, there's UI differences.
Excellent. In that case, avoid everything Unbound did wrong, make it so us macs can still play it, and keep the sandbox/blank page feel. Good Luck!

This is like the fifth time I've heard you talk about a new game-changing version... lol
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:43 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Rainbow Dash wrote:
Wizzy wrote:
2. Effortless, or making work a hell of a lot easier?
stop trying to throw in your 2 cents without actually reading the thread.

(that goes for Raf, chiller, and Rev too)

Actually, I was trying point out that effortless and easy are the same thing.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:50 pm

rabid, i'm developing it ON a mac Wink

every other time i've talked about new versions i've run out of time to code and had to stop, and in the case of the AS3/AIR stuff, I ended up realising that LR needed even more performance and made the decision to not waste my time on an inferior product. Now I'm working with the best of the best - C and OpenGL, and I've got so much time on my hands now.

There will be a finished product.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Now I'm working with the best of the best - C and OpenGL, and I've got so much time on my hands now.
oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy I am the excite Panic
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 am

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 PPpTt

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:35 am

So.
Will there be a copy/paste feature?

Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:38 am

mhenr18 wrote:Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 3 PPpTt

I wish this forum had a like feature.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:53 am

^it had one (sorta), then it became abused and nobody really cared about it.

also, to all the people against this on grounds of "cheating" and various other BS reasons, tell me what's stopping me from just cheating and doing all my scenery in PS and then editing it in using some VFX programs and the like? as i recall BHCS and several other people have already done tracks in this fashion.

but hey w/e, it's all up to the guy doing the actual coding wether or not this gets implimented (hopefully it does).
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next