We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

+23
Chui Ninji
iPi
efrazable
Derpinator
ACwazHere
Votale
Inukaza
Blesshiscottonsocks
Wolf_Spirit
SPL4SHZ0N3
Rafael
KillinTime2792
rabid squirrel
Jam
TheRevTastic
[senpai] kevans
Kohuda
IGLima
mhenr18
Sssschiller
Z_N-Freak
CamQuartr
Wizzy
27 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 6 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:04 am

Yobanjojoe wrote:cosmic sans
is this a new font that gets you high?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 6 Empty Re: Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible)

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am

I can give the font a try tomorrow after I get home from school, just pm me the details or post them in here.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 am

oh god flash is so sucky.
let me give you an example of what happens at the title screen for LR.

in the C build, LR idles in the background at 0.1% CPU use. Once LR becomes the active app and I move the mouse around, it goes up to 4.8%.
In my standalone Flash Player at the 6.2 title screen, the LR title screen idles in the background at 1.5%, and once it becomes active and I'm moving the mouse, it goes up to 38.6%.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 am

KillinTime2792 wrote:can't we just use a default font like arial or times new roman? I don't think the font will be particuarly game-breaking

2 cents

No

mhenr18 wrote:Two things.

1. Those fonts are two of the most hideously disgusting fonts to ever be created. They're shameless rips of Helvetica and Times, and they don't even half get it right.

2. Because I want this to be cross-platform and run on systems regardless of installed fonts, I'm distributing a custom bitmap font derived from Google's public domain PT Sans. I just need someone to clean it up a tad - it's fine as is but it could be better.

I can help with that, I know photoshop/similar programs better than flash

Yobanjojoe wrote:whabout cosmic sans

That is the font LR uses, but it's so uncommon, I had to install it onto my pc. we have to use a awesome font that both pc's and mac's use.

mhenr18 wrote:oh god flash is so sucky.

in the C build, LR idles in the background at 0.1% CPU use. Once LR becomes the active app and I move the mouse around, it goes up to 4.8%.
In my standalone Flash Player at the 6.2 title screen, the LR title screen idles in the background at 1.5%, and once it becomes active and I'm moving the mouse, it goes up to 38.6%.

wow...
[needs to figure out how to make it use less power]

Now Mhenr, here is the question, that if made possible will make people rejoice.

Will you be able to make LR C read flash sols and convert them into the saves you are using for this?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 am

kevansevans wrote:
mhenr18 wrote:oh god flash is so sucky.

wow...
[needs to figure out how to make it use less power]

That's the thing.
You can't.

And FYI, LR has two fonts. Action Man is the font used in the title screen to write "BETA 2", and it's either Tahoma or Verdana that gets used for everything else - I can't remember. None of these fonts have any relation to comic sans.

And I'm not planning on reading .sols and providing any backwards compatibility. Committing to that is just too much pain for what it's worth.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:48 pm

kevansevans, can you stop pretending to know anything more about computers or programming than the rest of us. Everytime I read one of your posts, my eye twitches like crazy. Cosmic sans? Comic sans. Installing it on your computer? Lololol... Please don't feel offended, I just don't like posers...

Props to mhenr if he manages to finish this thing. It would be cool to see a new Line Rider.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:kevansevans, can you stop pretending to know anything more about computers or programming than the rest of us. Everytime I read one of your posts, my eye twitches like crazy. Cosmic sans? Comic sans. Installing it on your computer? Lololol... Please don't feel offended, I just don't like posers...

None taken. And I'm not pretending.... I think.... I thought that the font was comic sans, I didn't pay much attention to what I was doing. I hardly ever pay attention to font.... or anything else for that matter.... [trails off in deep thought]... I jump to conclusions to much...

If I do this again, I do apologize, I'm only giving my best opinion or best thing to my knowledge.

But I did seriously had to install Action Man...

EDIT: What would you guys think of a tool that lets you click and drag lines?

[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Action man? The font he said was cosmic sans which hopefully joe meant comic sans, but you don't have to install that font, it's on every machine.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Relevant (there is some swearing)

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 pm

hehe. as for another reason why this is awesome...

I just did a performance test build where it draws 100k lines as densely as possible, so your screen is filled with lines.

I'm panning them around at 30fps.

EDIT: I just did an optimization. 1 million lines are handled at 25fps. On my Mac, all line counts up to 350k are handled at 60fps now Very Happy Also, 350k lines has a CPU idle of 8.0%. The activity spikes up to 100% CPU when I'm working with the lines, but I'm expecting to have a grid optimization in place eventually that keeps that waaaaay down.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 am

^ Like a boss
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 am

Note that when LR isn't being used I throttle it down big time so that it doesn't slow your computer down. That's why it's only updating at 4fps - LR's idling in this screenshot.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 6 PiZu3

EDIT: From there, performance is reasonably linear - I can pan 2 million lines at 13fps. Here's an idle screenshot.

Can someone please code this for line rider like now? (If possible) - Page 6 Zu64J

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 am

Epic....

Yeah.... as for me...

For v3 Ive decided to work on some new lines functions.

I'm going to try an add Guide lines, like in 6.3. Im going to try to make a zoom line, kind of like the trigger line in unbound, but with only in/out zooming. and Im going to try to do layers for scenery/green lines.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:20 pm

I think it would be badass if we could have customize-able sleds. Not the actual riders but just the sled. Or just different sled colors or something.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Wizzy wrote:I think it would be badass if we could have customize-able sleds. Not the actual riders but just the sled. Or just different sled colors or something.

ye- no
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:41 pm

^ reason?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Wizzy wrote:^ reason?

That's too Unbound-ish =/
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Cereal wrote:
Wizzy wrote:^ reason?

That's too Unbound-ish =/

Well yeah but just because it's "Unbound-ish" doesn't mean it's bad. Unbound had some awesome features like the fill tool (I think, that was in there right?) the movable lines, and the selection tool. Which now that I think about it the selection tool would help heaps in erasing certain parts of a manual to help balance Bosh and not having to worry about erasing any other part of the track by accident because your mouse freaked... Ya that's happened so many times :|

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm

What I meant is that you could just play Unbound if you want that. :P
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Not if I want the beta's engine :|

... What if we just took Unbound and made it run like beta.. problems solved xD
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:20 am

If anyone is subscribed to updates for this thread because I've threadjacked it and started making it a bit of an LR C progress thread, I've done my own thread.

https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t5901-line-rider-c-progress-thread

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Cereal wrote:
Wizzy wrote:I think it would be badass if we could have customize-able sleds. Not the actual riders but just the sled. Or just different sled colors or something.

ye- no

Wizzy wrote:I don't know who had the idea to bring color in, but I don't think that's something that's really necessary. While it makes artistic tracks way more enjoyable, even with all the color that came with unbound, you still had people making black and white tracks for the classic effect.

Colors are unnecessary, but customizable sleds aren't? I see how it is.

I'd like to bring up the fact that I decided to throw the idea of adding color out there, not because it was necessary but because it isn't a detriment. Where's the harm in adding color if you want? None (aside from coding/performance issues). So GOML.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Chui Ninji wrote:
Cereal wrote:

ye- no

Wizzy wrote:I don't know who had the idea to bring color in, but I don't think that's something that's really necessary. While it makes artistic tracks way more enjoyable, even with all the color that came with unbound, you still had people making black and white tracks for the classic effect.

Colors are unnecessary, but customizable sleds aren't? I see how it is.

I'd like to bring up the fact that I decided to throw the idea of adding color out there, not because it was necessary but because it isn't a detriment. Where's the harm in adding color if you want? None (aside from coding/performance issues). So GOML.

Alright fair enough. I'm not against color in LR I just thought custom sleds would be awesome :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Why not customizable riders? :|
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

^ That's what I'm sayin' :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next