We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story of my Life

+18
TheRevTastic
rabid squirrel
ACwazHere
Wizzy
Rafael
Edawg649
GhostY
Kohuda
TigerXLine
Georgio_jc
Lankher
Commandercoke
Wolf_Spirit
Cereal
Binglinerider
Traxis
Purtle
bmanfoley
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Story of my Life Empty Story of my Life

Post by bmanfoley Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 am

Hey guys, remember me? probably not. I posted on the temp site like, twice. and that was just my "hello" thread. I was also pretty inactive on the regular site when it was up. I'm just sort of stopping by to pay my thanks to everyone in the community who I talked to a while ago, because you all really helped me survive and get where I am today. I also feel compelled to spend a half hour writing a huge story of what my life has been up to this point 8D. those who are afraid of reading should start typing in "tl;dr" now.

from the days of early elementary, I was always considered the nerd of the class. I didn't mind at the time; I still had plenty of friends and a very bright future ahead of me. but then, 4th grade rolled around, and things screwed up. the school I was at before got closed down, and all of my friends and I were sent to different schools. I was met not with open hands and friendly faces, but rather a big jerk who found my last name (foley) quite funny. He called me "follet-a'-fish", somehow a combination of "foley" and "fillet-a'-fish". Others caught on and I was quickly the number one target for bullying. my grades plummeted from the stress. By 6th grade I became depressed to a point at which I considered suicide. I somehow stayed alive, and began middle school, 100% socially incompetent. This is around when I discovered the IRtL community (I had been playing line rider obliviously for some time longer). I felt comforted by it. Everyone understood me and supported me. All the good people had the balls to take down the trolls (unlike in person). I had friends for the first time in 4 years. When I had a bad day (which seemed to be every day), I knew I had people I could talk to. My grades still struggled, but I managed to make it to high school. I lessened my activity on IRtL and began exploring the hardware of computers, which I took to a business and made some money. Then began my sophomore year of high school. I was sick and tired of all the arguments over grades and social aspects with my parents every night. I buckled down and got organized. I went to a doctor and had myself diagnosed with ADD (finally). I now take a medication that helps me focus a lot. meanwhile, my mom wanted me to join the marching band, regardless of my interest in it. She forged my signature and signed me up. I hated here at the time for doing so, but I'm glad now that she did. When going to our first football game performance out of our city, we had to sign up where to sit on the bus, and who to sit with. Any people I was at all acquainted with were sitting with someone else, so I signed up by myself and hoped for the best. I was seated with a girl named Emily, a senior at the high school. I sat down next to her, and immediately we both sort of felt a connection. It turns out we had a lot in common, for example she knows what "the game" is Hehe. I told her that if she couldn't find a date to the homecoming dance, that I'd be happy to go with her as a friend. She agreed. As time passed, we seemed to spend every day together, just talking or walking around in the park. One day we realized that there was something more between us, and I hinted at that very subtly. Her response? She grabbed the back of my head, pulled me in, and kissed me. To cite her exact words describing my face when it was over, she said I "looked like I had just watched her stab a puppy". Honestly I was shocked, because I never pictured having my first kiss, ever. So that was that, we were dating. She wanted to keep it a secret for a week or so, just to make sure that if it didn't work out people at school (and both of our parents) weren't gonna freak out about it for no reason. It worked out, now everyone knows we're dating. we spend a ton of time together now, so much that this is the only time I have to write this, while she's on vacation ( ;_; ). We've started to become this couple that I've always despised; saying "I love you" to each other after just a month, PDA'ing all over the place, etc., but I really feel like she's "the one". She just really understands me, and she LIKES everything about me that I would always consider a flaw. So yeah, I now have a girlfriend and somewhat decent grades. Life is good Very Happy. So again, thanks to everyone that supported me in the past. I may stop by now and then, just to say hi.

-Brian Foley, "Bmanfoley"

PS: for the tl;dr people: my life used to suck, now I have a girlfriend and school is getting better. I'm happy. kthxbai.

bmanfoley

Back to top Go down

Story of my Life Empty Re: Story of my Life

Post by Purtle Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Was going to say something, but then I decided against it.

wait a minute...
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:12 pm

I remember you. And thanks for the tl;dr, that's one big wall of text,
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:15 pm

bmanfoley wrote:

for example she knows what "the game" is

everything in this story is a lie, you just wanted to do that Suspicious

jk :P

glad to see things turn around for you the way they did. hope things stay this way for you Smile
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 pm

BMAN!!!!! I'm sure that you know who I am Wink

Nice story I guess, I kind of skimmed it, but glad to hear about you have a gf now. (I sure don't, but I'm only a freshman :P)

Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 pm

I actually read all of that ^^
I feel all happy now 8D
EDIT: Oh and welcome back Bman!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:23 pm

That's coolio. ^^
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:31 pm

bmanfoley wrote: my life used to suck, now I have a girlfriend and school is getting better. I'm happy. kthxbai.

i thought you were gay..
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by bmanfoley Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Purtle wrote:Was going to say something, but then I decided against it.

wait a minute...

wat?

Lankher wrote:
bmanfoley wrote: my life used to suck, now I have a girlfriend and school is getting better. I'm happy. kthxbai.

i thought you were gay..

no, I'm not. nor was I ever.

bmanfoley

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:10 pm

/show off :P

nah, good you're happy!
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Read all of it!

I actually felt better when I was done reading. Good that your life is better now ^.^

Welcome back, btw Wink

TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 pm

B-MAN! 8D

Cool story bro
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Bmangayley wrote:
Lankher wrote:

i thought you were gay..

no, I'm not. nor was I ever.

Are you sure?
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Lankher gtfo

and bman i think i've like talked to you once ever xD

and i remember your avvy on msn use to be like right in the face of your dog :3
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by bmanfoley Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 pm

oh yeah, ghosty. and your name is the same as my dog's amirite? or was that someone else... wait idk

bmanfoley

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:16 pm

my name is cole :3
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by bmanfoley Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 pm

nah it was someone else. w/e

bmanfoley

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:20 pm

GhostY wrote:Lankher gtfo

and bman i think i've like talked to you once ever xD

and i remember your avvy on msn use to be like right in the face of your dog :3

im just messing with him, he knows it
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by bmanfoley Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:22 pm

yeah I do, but now I remember the one reason I didn't like IRtl. thanks

bmanfoley

Back to top Go down

Post by Edawg649 Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm

omg. Dude, that must have sucked. Im happy that you have a better life now, a gf, better grades and such.Smile Hope it stays that way. Very Happy If you ever need anything, were all here. Wink

Edawg649

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 pm

bmanfoley wrote:yeah I do, but now I remember the one reason I didn't like IRtl. thanks

Hehe you do, do you?
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm glad it all worked out for you bman =]
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 pm

cool story bro Thumbs Up
im jealous you have a gf D: and she actually knows what the game is (you lost lololol)

I do remember seeing you around, it's good to see you again and hear about everything. Btw are you a junior this year by any chance?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bmanfoley Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm still a sophomore

bmanfoley

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:45 pm

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-percentage-of-high-school-relationships-last
(I think this percentage is too high personally)

Damn it dude. I am really glad that you are happy with her, but if you let your hopes get too high (right now they seem to be ready to burst through the ceiling), if things end you're gonna be ****ing MISERABLE. Don't be discouraged, just go with the flow and whatever happens will happen. After my first relationship ended, I told myself to fall head over heels for a girl as fast I did. I was happy when I was in it, so please bro, be happy! I'm just trying to help you out, nothing more. I wish you two the very best.

I'm glad the site was helpful to you. Smile I can really relate to this story.

Last edited by ACwazHere on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next